Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 26-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Morpheus Morpheus is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 5,532
  Morpheus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel

Which has nothing to do with present day Christianity celebrating the Birthday of the Messiah,
as the angels of heaven did themselves!
Now if you want to make a case for materialization and over commercialization of the holiday, that's something else.

Why try to stifle joy in the world over the remarkable occasion of His birth?
Again, as long prophesied over the ages of the writings.
__________________
"I believe there are two sides to the phenomena known as death. This side where we live, and the other side, where we shall continue to live.
Eternity does not start with death.
We are in eternity now." - Norman Vincent Peale

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 27-12-2017, 01:55 PM
mickiel mickiel is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,911
  mickiel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Which has nothing to do with present day Christianity celebrating the Birthday of the Messiah,
as the angels of heaven did themselves!
Now if you want to make a case for materialization and over commercialization of the holiday, that's something else.

Why try to stifle joy in the world over the remarkable occasion of His birth?
Again, as long prophesied over the ages of the writings.


You can show the truth, but you cannot open the human consciousness; you can lead a mule to water but you can't make him drink.

Show us in scripture where angels celebrated Jesus birth and the bible sanctioning that celebration as a perpetual practice. In fact, show us any biblical sanctioning of birthdays as celebrations. And give us at least three scriptures to bear witness of this thing your trying to prove. I think three is fair to ask for. Don't you? The sites I gave have dozens of scriptures. I would like to study the scriptures you have that support the celebration of birthdays.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 27-12-2017, 06:31 PM
Morpheus Morpheus is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 5,532
  Morpheus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
You can show the truth, but you cannot open the human consciousness; you can lead a mule to water but you can't make him drink.

Show us in scripture where angels celebrated Jesus birth and the bible sanctioning that celebration as a perpetual practice. In fact, show us any biblical sanctioning of birthdays as celebrations. And give us at least three scriptures to bear witness of this thing your trying to prove. I think three is fair to ask for. Don't you? The sites I gave have dozens of scriptures. I would like to study the scriptures you have that support the celebration of birthdays.

Mickiel, when you start making personal insults, it only proves something is amiss.
So, what are you saying now? And, in line with the Jehovas Witnesses?
That because it isn't mentioned in scripture, that it is a sin?

And really? I have to cite the angelic declaration to the shepherds on the birth of the Lord, to you?
Dunno, haven't checked to see if it's in the New World Translation or not.
What else isn't mentioned in scriptures? Electricity?
Modern modes of travel?
Radio and T.V.? So perhaps you might consider the Amish lifestyle if these bother, or offend you?

Luke 2:13-14 <~ "As the shepherds guarded their flock at night, suddenly.."?

As it says at www.gotquestions.org, concerning the subject matter, "there is no legitimate reasons to not celebrate Christmas".
The issue is about joy! And declaring the wonderful event, and His personage to the nations.
So now mickiel, I might ask you to cite what scripture says about,
"the joy of the Lord".
?
__________________
"I believe there are two sides to the phenomena known as death. This side where we live, and the other side, where we shall continue to live.
Eternity does not start with death.
We are in eternity now." - Norman Vincent Peale

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 28-12-2017, 03:16 AM
mickiel mickiel is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,911
  mickiel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Mickiel, when you start making personal insults, it only proves something is amiss.
So, what are you saying now? And, in line with the Jehovas Witnesses?
That because it isn't mentioned in scripture, that it is a sin?

And really? I have to cite the angelic declaration to the shepherds on the birth of the Lord, to you?
Dunno, haven't checked to see if it's in the New World Translation or not.
What else isn't mentioned in scriptures? Electricity?
Modern modes of travel?
Radio and T.V.? So perhaps you might consider the Amish lifestyle if these bother, or offend you?

Luke 2:13-14 <~ "As the shepherds guarded their flock at night, suddenly.."?

As it says at www.gotquestions.org, concerning the subject matter, "there is no legitimate reasons to not celebrate Christmas".
The issue is about joy! And declaring the wonderful event, and His personage to the nations.
So now mickiel, I might ask you to cite what scripture says about,
"the joy of the Lord".
?


I did not personally insult you, I used a popular saying to prove a point; you can't force the truth.

And you can't give any scriptures to support your claim of Jesus birthday, because there are none! Angels do not celebrate birthdays, that is not biblical. I offer my apology if you thought I insulted you, I certainly did not intend to give that impression. I hold no need to insult you; for what? I just understand that you will be stubborn about this, which is typical Christian response.

I agree that we cannot be over demanding of the bible, expecting that every little thing is covered in it, but we can take issue with people who give the " Impression" that something is in the bible, when it is not. Like birthdays or the Trinity.

Peace.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 29-12-2017, 10:39 AM
mickiel mickiel is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,911
  mickiel's Avatar
While Constantine is given credit for giving Christians freedom of worship and expanding their privileges, his story also fills a dark page in church history ; expanding and spreading, even building increased immensely under Constantine; the atmosphere was ripe for Christians to escape their despised minority status. In AD 312 Constantine became the Caesar of the Western Empire. By 324 , he became the emperor of the entire Roman Empire. He helped to promote the popularity and acceptance of Christianity. The church began to really grow during these times.

Now it is very important to understand Constantine's mind-set; his consciousness was dominated by superstition and pagan magic. All historians understand that it is up for debate whether or not Constantine was a genuine Christian. One of his highest titles was " Pontifex Maximus", which means chief of the pagan priest.

Constantine was an egomaniac and he built large monuments everywhere, which also helped Christianity to spread and inspired the magnificent Catholic church buildings to be erected everywhere.

Archaeology helped the church to spread like wild flowers.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-01-2018, 04:24 PM
Morpheus Morpheus is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 5,532
  Morpheus's Avatar
Not sure what your point about archaeology is.

I recall reading somewhere, either, "Foxes Book of Martyrs", or Rev. Wurmbrand's "Tortured for Christ", that when the Faith was officially sanctioned by Constantine, that many Christians fled to the hillsides thinking that the end had come.
__________________
"I believe there are two sides to the phenomena known as death. This side where we live, and the other side, where we shall continue to live.
Eternity does not start with death.
We are in eternity now." - Norman Vincent Peale

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-01-2018, 06:04 PM
mickiel mickiel is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,911
  mickiel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Not sure what your point about archaeology is.

I recall reading somewhere, either, "Foxes Book of Martyrs", or Rev. Wurmbrand's "Tortured for Christ", that when the Faith was officially sanctioned by Constantine, that many Christians fled to the hillsides thinking that the end had come.


This may help Morpheus;

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/...gin-to-spread/

Archaeology helps historians discover those hill sides.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-02-2018, 10:25 AM
mickiel mickiel is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,911
  mickiel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
This may help Morpheus;

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/...gin-to-spread/

Archaeology helps historians discover those hill sides.


Evangelist help spread Christianity throughout the world. And these men also help spread deception, because they were not always right about what they taught. But they were always believed.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-03-2018, 08:21 PM
mickiel mickiel is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,911
  mickiel's Avatar
An interesting article;

https://www.quora.com/What-caused-th...f-Christianity
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums