Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Soul Renew Soul Renew is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 52
  Soul Renew's Avatar
The Dark Night of the Soul

I wanted to know if anyone has experienced it or is currently going through it?

I want to know that I'm not alone in this...

I feel like I've been in a looong winter on the inside. I can't produce anything great, no inspiration or motivation, can't form relationships or talk to people, I feel fatigued even after sleep or even counting to 5... I feel like a blank canvas. An empty well. A frozen lake.

I feel like a 0% battery since 2015.

I haven't gone to college and have no job.
What's there to do but let go and do nothing....

But I want to get back into life...Or at least I wished I had some message from God letting me know what to do or where to go...

I feel so lost and have no energy or direction... I feel disconnected from everyone...

I'm going to leave this here and do some thinking and be away from the internet. I'll come back in a few days to read any replies.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-11-2017, 05:48 PM
Akira Akira is offline
Guide
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 647
  Akira's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Renew
I wanted to know if anyone has experienced it or is currently going through it?

I want to know that I'm not alone in this...

I feel like I've been in a looong winter on the inside. I can't produce anything great, no inspiration or motivation, can't form relationships or talk to people, I feel fatigued even after sleep or even counting to 5... I feel like a blank canvas. An empty well. A frozen lake.

I feel like a 0% battery since 2015.

I haven't gone to college and have no job.
What's there to do but let go and do nothing....

But I want to get back into life...Or at least I wished I had some message from God letting me know what to do or where to go...

I feel so lost and have no energy or direction... I feel disconnected from everyone...

I'm going to leave this here and do some thinking and be away from the internet. I'll come back in a few days to read any replies.

Hi there
I have been there and I know how you feel, yet we kinda have to move through it or we will get stuck. This stuckness is what you are describing above, your doing no thing...

After my dark night everyone disappeared and to some degree a sense of isolation permeated my very core. I am slowly re-integrating myself back into the world.

This is not always easy when the main connections in life have fallen away.

How are your family, can you lean on them? I have been filling my spaces with some people, people that I have known a long time. If you have younger, like little family members see if you can spend time with them. They help us with healing because they have not been tainted by conditioning yet.

Oh and laughter, find a way to laugh. It does not have to be a huge experience, just a little tune up, it will help your body with the healing.

I wrote a great deal, anything and everything and just let myself express the horribleness of what I was feeling. As I sit alone here now I wonder about the dark night of the soul. I have many books filled with that writing and with the fact that I could not breath back then and my chest hurt a lot of the time.

The good news is that once someone hits rock bottom, which I did, there is only one way to go and that is upwards. This needs to be a slow and steady progress to ensure that the system does not get shocked.

The whole hitting rock started in 2007 for me and I am steadily building myself back up. Ignore the 10 years that was me, I needed it to stay sane. We are all different I am sure that you can and will do this a little faster.


Maybe work with someone too.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-11-2017, 06:28 PM
Jyotir Jyotir is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,387
 
Hi Soul Renew,

Do what your name suggests.
In Latin: "solvitur ambulando"; it is solved by walking.
Go for a brisk 30-45 minute walk every day.
Just by doing that you will see changes.

~ J
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Nature Grows Nature Grows is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Straya, camping with kangaroos, wombats, dingos, echidnas, kookaburras, koala bears & emus
Posts: 890
  Nature Grows's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Renew
I wanted to know if anyone has experienced it or is currently going through it?

I want to know that I'm not alone in this...

I feel like I've been in a looong winter on the inside. I can't produce anything great, no inspiration or motivation, can't form relationships or talk to people, I feel fatigued even after sleep or even counting to 5... I feel like a blank canvas. An empty well. A frozen lake.

I feel like a 0% battery since 2015.

I haven't gone to college and have no job.
What's there to do but let go and do nothing....

But I want to get back into life...Or at least I wished I had some message from God letting me know what to do or where to go...

I feel so lost and have no energy or direction... I feel disconnected from everyone...

I'm going to leave this here and do some thinking and be away from the internet. I'll come back in a few days to read any replies.

To me this "Dark Night Of The Soul" is a time of great change and growth within yourself and that includes your life as well.

It's the process of transformation, a metamorphosis This "Dark Night Of The Soul"

To me at times it has been like standing on the edge of a high cliff in a violent storm looking out over a rough vast ocean with huge sea monsters in it and just running and jumping off the cliff into all that, or even sailing on a raft though all that, like a very fast powerful rush.

At times it has also had a very dull, depressing, hopeless, or no feeling at all type of feel to it or a disconnected kinda feel kinda like what you have said here.

Another image that describes it is a snake squirming shedding it's skin aggressively, letting go of stuff which no longer serves it, stuff it has out grown. This is all beliefs and ways of being that have been holding you back within yourself and your life.

Even the phoenix bird can be used to describe it, a rise from the ashes, setting yourself on flames, dying an being reborn.

So imo it's a powerful in your face kinda shift, change, letting go and transformation its a process and you will come out of it and when you do you will be laughing in joy like a lunatic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Renew
But I want to get back into life...Or at least I wished I had some message from God letting me know what to do or where to go...

What you have said here, you want to get back into life but are looking for a sign from God? maybe you saying you want to get back into life is the sign your looking for? maybe it's not but at least you do have a goal "getting back into life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Renew
I feel so lost and have no energy or direction... I feel disconnected from everyone...

If your feeling lost with no direction what may help is to just do anything because doing stuff can lead to other stuff happening, if you decide you want to do something else later on, then you can.

Thats what i have to say atm, peace.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-11-2017, 07:22 PM
iamthat iamthat is offline
Knower
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Golden Bay, New Zealand
Posts: 195
 
The true dark night of the soul is a spiritual crisis where we seem to lose all that was of value, where we have to face all those things within us which we have not yet reconciled, where we cannot see the way ahead or even the next step to take. Esoterically this is called crossing the burning ground. Such a crisis usually precedes an initiation into something greater because we have been forced to discard all that does not serve us on our journey.

But I cannot help wondering if Soul Renew is really going through such a spiritual crisis or if it is more of a physical crisis. If you have been on 0% battery for over two years then could it be a more material problem such as chronic fatigue?

Sometimes all we can do is hang on in there and remind ourselves "This too will pass".

Peace.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-11-2017, 08:02 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,145
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
I'm currently stuck in the same thing, if not something related to it. To me, one of the worst part is that you can't talk to anyone because people are quick to assume something which is totally the opposite and they just don't understand at all. That's why I'd rather keep it to myself in my personal life. The only person who understands you better than anyone else (possibly even God) is none other than yourself.
__________________
The dawn will never rise again for my eyes
And I will never sleep again
I've lost my hope time after time
Cause the light has vanished from the sky
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-11-2017, 09:18 PM
naturesflow naturesflow is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: In my cocoon.
Posts: 6,166
  naturesflow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The true dark night of the soul is a spiritual crisis where we seem to lose all that was of value, where we have to face all those things within us which we have not yet reconciled, where we cannot see the way ahead or even the next step to take. Esoterically this is called crossing the burning ground. Such a crisis usually precedes an initiation into something greater because we have been forced to discard all that does not serve us on our journey.

But I cannot help wondering if Soul Renew is really going through such a spiritual crisis or if it is more of a physical crisis. If you have been on 0% battery for over two years then could it be a more material problem such as chronic fatigue?

Sometimes all we can do is hang on in there and remind ourselves "This too will pass".

Peace.


You are right. Crisis comes in many forms all the same..The unknown and our need to reconcile to move forward in life often reflects those times...
__________________
A divinely brilliant life has no regret when DEATH comes along.
And you say," Yes, I'm well prepared ! "
Kazeronnie Mak
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Akira Akira is offline
Guide
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 647
  Akira's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The true dark night of the soul is a spiritual crisis where we seem to lose all that was of value, where we have to face all those things within us which we have not yet reconciled, where we cannot see the way ahead or even the next step to take. Esoterically this is called crossing the burning ground. Such a crisis usually precedes an initiation into something greater because we have been forced to discard all that does not serve us on our journey.

But I cannot help wondering if Soul Renew is really going through such a spiritual crisis or if it is more of a physical crisis. If you have been on 0% battery for over two years then could it be a more material problem such as chronic fatigue?

Sometimes all we can do is hang on in there and remind ourselves "This too will pass".

Peace.

To my mind even the chronic fatigue, or whatever is happening to an individual can be linked to the dark night. Physical crisis can mesh with the spiritual side. In fact I think that is how it works.

By this analogy one could say that no one goes through the dark night of the soul if they are not experiencing the spiritual side alone, however I would say that one informs the other.

When I went through mine I had to release many things that I was attached to. However I was also fainting, losing weight etc, because when we are experiencing one level the other will come to pass to. The body is a messenger that the soul has not been heard or to ask you to listen to the soul.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-11-2017, 11:25 AM
John32241 John32241 is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lowell, Massachusetts
Posts: 3,247
  John32241's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Renew

But I want to get back into life...Or at least I wished I had some message from God letting me know what to do or where to go...


Hello,

My personal experience with this was in 1997. I needed some magic to get me going in Feb of 1998. It still took some time to get things back in balance however.

We are all very unique. I hope that your personal reflections are productive and that you can get going again. The truest reality is that just being alive at this time changes the fabric of our world and galaxy. That is because you are an eternal blessing. Your soul knows this, your intellect does not.

John
__________________
My web site: Spiritual Academy

http://www.spiritualacademy.info/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-11-2017, 10:13 AM
Hemera Hemera is offline
Knower
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 213
 
I’m going through just the same, word for word. I think it’s a shedding of previous foundations, but it’s agonising and scary.

Feel free to pm if you need to talk about it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums