Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 06-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Knower

Working with Papa Legba as a beginner

I'm having issues with spiritual parasites and partial possession. At one point I asked if there were any deities who'd be willing to work with me who could also tolerate my moodiness and tendency to be flippant. Papa Legba seemed to show up.

I was told by a witch I was getting help from at the time that I should only work with Papa if it is through a practitioner, because he is a trickster.

Due to that, some things I read, and my own uneasiness, I decided against it.

I really only call on angels and my own made guardians now because I'm not confident I won't inspire some otherworldy wrath from anything else. But I've still been impatient and angry. I asked (kinda yelled- but more because I was frustrated due to attacks, not so much yelling at them) if they could come into my dreams and clearly tell me if they're doing anything at all, and what exactly their role is in this, if any.

Well, Papa Legba showed up again. He sounded kinda irritated and said "Don't forget about me"

So I don't know. I've looked into it a little bit, and he seems, even if mischievous, fairly harmless. Then of course there is the point where he could easily turn things more disastrous if so desired, and that I'm pretty certain less confusion would be better for me now, not more.

It's hard to be confident in anything I receive anyway, due to the psychic attacks. So communication is hard.

I might see about another practitioner talking to him for me, to make sure the channels are pure, and I understand what he's offering and wants in return fully first.

Do you think this is necessary? Am I putting myself at much risk by trying to work with him myself now? Should I be on guard?
Old 07-11-2017, 07:16 AM
Master
Papa Legba the crossroads deity, and deity of entrances, said one must speak with him first in order to further communicate with any other loas.

What exactly is it you have read that makes you uneasy? You can choose to take the advice of the witch you went to or not, and if you truly do feel very uneasy, listen to your instinct. That being said I find it very interesting he came to you in a dream, when you asked if your guardians/angels have been doing anything.

There are shamans who do energy healing work specifically with the spiritual parasites you speak of, but you have not said anything about this being an option in your first post in the thread, have you tried this option? I am not sure how many members here may be able to do this and help you with the spiritual parasites, but perhaps there are members who can.

You asked if you should be on guard, I feel the answer is no, you shouldn't. Attempting to solve this issue with any type of defensiveness or anxiety I feel may not properly serve you here.

Draw on your own strength and resolve to help towards solving the issue, try not to approach it with fear, especially if you do decide to work with Papa Legba hold to no fear.

Keep in mind Papa enjoys offerings as many deities do. Tobacco, candies, etc- there are a few lists on the net of what the deity prefers.

If you would like to consider the route of trying to find an energy worker (or shamanic practitioner) who deals with spiritual parasite entities, you may like to let that be known as well, so others too who deal with that are better able to help if you would be open to that option, I only mention this as you have not, and perhaps others are not aware that you could be open to try that.

Wishing you all the best with this. There are members around the paganism section here of more than one pagan based faith, who may be able to offer help. Even if it is best wishes, prayers, advice etc.

Blessings.
Old 13-11-2017, 07:08 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Papa Legba the crossroads deity, and deity of entrances, said one must speak with him first in order to further communicate with any other loas.

What exactly is it you have read that makes you uneasy? You can choose to take the advice of the witch you went to or not, and if you truly do feel very uneasy, listen to your instinct. That being said I find it very interesting he came to you in a dream, when you asked if your guardians/angels have been doing anything.

There are shamans who do energy healing work specifically with the spiritual parasites you speak of, but you have not said anything about this being an option in your first post in the thread, have you tried this option? I am not sure how many members here may be able to do this and help you with the spiritual parasites, but perhaps there are members who can.

You asked if you should be on guard, I feel the answer is no, you shouldn't. Attempting to solve this issue with any type of defensiveness or anxiety I feel may not properly serve you here.

Draw on your own strength and resolve to help towards solving the issue, try not to approach it with fear, especially if you do decide to work with Papa Legba hold to no fear.

Keep in mind Papa enjoys offerings as many deities do. Tobacco, candies, etc- there are a few lists on the net of what the deity prefers.

If you would like to consider the route of trying to find an energy worker (or shamanic practitioner) who deals with spiritual parasite entities, you may like to let that be known as well, so others too who deal with that are better able to help if you would be open to that option, I only mention this as you have not, and perhaps others are not aware that you could be open to try that.

Wishing you all the best with this. There are members around the paganism section here of more than one pagan based faith, who may be able to offer help. Even if it is best wishes, prayers, advice etc.

Blessings.

The part that made me uneasy was reading about experiences and he seemed somewhat controlling. Benevolent, but really domineering if you moved away from him or what he wanted. Also, the fact that he is a trickster, and I feel I need less mystery and craziness, not more.

I asked him something of what he expected back to then, and he seemed to come in the dream and say something that implied he expected worship, which also just wasn't the type of relationship I wanted.

But I think I might contact somebody and ask to be an intermediary. Find out if it was really Legba, what he is offering, and what he wants in return. Then I'll have more info to work on and hopefully less guesswork or chance.

I have tried different energy workers. A witch or two. And a couple shamans.

Last shaman I saw tried picking them out of my body but had to stop because they were all congregating towards the genital area. I also mused about asking him if he'd do distance work and pick them out in spirit form. Seems maybe less inappropriate that way to me, but I don't know.

Everybody seems to say they've removed things, but things are still there. Some just say it'll take more time and effort. Others that my brain is recreating it like an amputee has a ghost limbs.

I don't know. I don't know what to think. The symptoms are overwhelming and extremely intrusive. My body is partially controlled, so I can't relax my muscles, I'm harrassed all day long, I get touched inappropriately by them, and I just don't have the experience or skill backed up to deal with this. But it gets expensive after awhile and I just don't know what to think about all these failures and all this other nonsense. I have no way of knowing whether someone is faking, lying, mistaken, missing something, or if I'm just simply screwed, or what.

I'm probably going to keep trying to get outer help simply because this is so overwhelming, but I do get tired of things not working and also of asking on here. Almost every post I make is about this, and I get tired of explaining it and feel like I'm bothering people or that I've gotten what I'm going to get in way of advice and answers. So it seems pointless to ask or elaborate.

I mean I know it is different people who may or may not even remember me, but from my perspective it's just kinda like I'm going on and on about the same thing to no purpose.