Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 02:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

You never seem to be able to get 100% truth as to whom is at blame in these types of atrocities, it's usually 'six of one, half dozen the other' it is disgusting and heartbreaking to watch on TV and it needs to stop... NOW... regardless of who is to blame, will it stop... I doubt it unless someone else steps in to calm things down.

Why the OP started this thread is puzzling, what has mass killing got to do with spirituality ?

On the contrary - it is easy to see why the OP started the thread.
And it has everything to do with spirituality.

When people, by God's Grace, become awakened to the spiritual possibilities inherent in life, as the very purpose of life - that burst of light casts a shadow, reveals the dire contrast, places into high relief the disparity between that purpose and possibility, and the overwhelming crushing ubiquity of the Ignorance extant in the Universe and in particular, the ignorance not only present, but actualized by an ’intelligent’ will, in their fellow human beings, causing the needless and senseless suffering of others.

And it is that ignorance of true Self - the transcendence of which is the very purpose of spirituality - which is the root cause and the "100% truth as to whom is at blame".

Spiritual aspirants are by definition more highly sensitized to this contrast which throws many into a helpless discouragement or even hopeless despair due to the revelation of that monumental seemingly insurmountable contrast, when at the same time they also empathise, feel more powerfully the senseless suffering of others, and also recognise the presence within themselves, of the same causal ignorance, and the gargantuan task of its removal.

So what Gem says here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Considering the major portion of historical atrocity, and that in the world today, is based in religious conflict, it would be highly relevant to spirituality. The other thing about spirituality in the more authentic sense, is to be with adversity without being disturbed - as examples by Christ's compassion for they who know not what they do, or the Buddha's compassion of the ignorant. Some may want to take a side, have a view, become agitated because our precious 'Buddhism' is implicated, but they then enter the conflict in some small way, through the name it all attempts to uphold. In the teaching there is the name and the form, the psychology and the physicality, and what is produced by our very own minds.
…is especially relevant in that everyone must endure and sacrifice on the road to ultimate freedom from ignorance, which always must be remembered to be the evolution of consciousness from the Original Sacrifice of the All-Knowing in order that the Many could know the Truth of the One.

~ J

Old 06-11-2017, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

On the contrary - it is easy to see why the OP started the thread.
And it has everything to do with spirituality.

When people, by God's Grace, become awakened to the spiritual possibilities inherent in life, as the very purpose of life - that burst of light casts a shadow, reveals the dire contrast, places into high relief the disparity between that purpose and possibility, and the overwhelming crushing ubiquity of the Ignorance extant in the Universe and in particular, the ignorance not only present, but actualized by an ’intelligent’ will, in their fellow human beings, causing the needless and senseless suffering of others.

And it is that ignorance of true Self - the transcendence of which is the very purpose of spirituality - which is the root cause and the "100% truth as to whom is at blame".

Spiritual aspirants are by definition more highly sensitized to this contrast which throws many into a helpless discouragement or even hopeless despair due to the revelation of that monumental seemingly insurmountable contrast, when at the same time they also empathise, feel more powerfully the senseless suffering of others, and also recognise the presence within themselves, of the same causal ignorance, and the gargantuan task of its removal.

So what Gem says here:

…is especially relevant in that everyone must endure and sacrifice on the road to ultimate freedom from ignorance, which always must be remembered to be the evolution of consciousness from the Original Sacrifice of the All-Knowing in order that the Many could know the Truth of the One.

~ J

Problem being of course, is for this to idealistically work, then everybody must be of the same spiritual aspiration and intent, or else spirituality becomes an evolutionary weakness for the survival of the human species on this planet as a whole.

If only half the human species was spiritual, had compassion for the other half, wanted to live in peace and make this world a 'better place' and the other half was totally opposite, it isn't hard to see whose genes are going to perpetuate for future generations, because the 'spiritual people' would not kill, but those who are not spiritual would have absolutely no qualms about doing so...

...and while all those spiritual people obtain moksha and don't get born into this world again anyway...achieve liberation and whatnot, they leave the world a place where only the barbaric will survive and barbarically evolve genetically....totally irrespective of the fact that it's all Maya anyway...and even if that realisation is achieved, it will put all of these so-called atrocities into a relational 'light'....but people want to believe the world is Maya and yet, everything which happens within the world is totally real at the same time...and all I can say is 'good luck with that'.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:02 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
Perhaps I'm being a little skpetical here, but having met many alleged spiritual folks, and some who are the latter all have had periods of disillusionment. I worked and lived on a spiritual retreat and came into contact with lots of people, teachers, shamans, the lot and it opened my eyes to what people were saying they believed but their actions were the opposite.

I had the chance to speak to some well-known authors and people in the spiritual world, and it would surprise you to know even they have had 'doubtful' moments.

Back the question, it's more of a philosophical one that can only be theorized as all things have a point. However, it is whether a person wishes to acknowledge it or see it. The truth is many choose not to, or those that do choose only to see the parts they like. Spirituality is not defined by rules as far as I am concerned as it is an evolving process that has no end.
Save

Thank you for your comments, again, froebellian.

I have also lived in many spiritual centers and came into contact with great Masters, some with a name (i.e. well known) and others, not. I admit they are the few, but I have encountered beings of Great Light - emanating from their soul - the beauty is unmistakable and like the red pill it is impossible to "go back".

More importantly, I have also witnessed and seen for myself the great inherent beauty and Ultimate Truth spoken about in all major spiritual traditions.

Were it not so, I would not continue to be here.

The point and intention of the first post, was to bring to light, what use is the taste and beauty that we witness and often feel through our spiritual practice, when faced against the greater context and reality of the world - which is apparently inherently also cruel and unimaginably sad for those that suffer fates that ...

For example, if I am happy and at peace, mind and heart full of bliss and love, what is the point when hundreds out there are mired in suffering that is to most unimaginable.

War could start any time and I guess at that point, it will be obvious to many more, including those interested in spirituality, that "where the rubber hits the road", that is when true practice starts. And/or the question of what use is my salvation when countless others still suffer? Is this not the Bodhisattva view of Buddhism anyway?

Anyway I am just ruminating more than anything.

Thank you again for commenting on this thread.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I just used the Shiva-metaphor that you are wont to throw around, presumptiously pretensious 'Shivani' Devi, to unseat (dethrone?) you - "what's good for the 'goose' is 'good' for the 'gander' " - that's all!
Many see my knowledge and intelligence as a direct threat and it makes them feel totally insecure and uncomfortable, so they label it as 'vanity' or 'pride' to make their own ego seem more important in regards.

They would like to believe that I am being pompous, pretensious or even a 'spoiled brat' because it helps them sleep better at night believing it...their cognitive bias and dissonance becomes totally allayed during this process.

There is a choice (which always exists) to place me on their ignore list and have 'nothing more to do' but their own pride and sense of grandiose importance won't let them, and so they are forever continuing to flog a dead horse in regards and it is quite amusing when people don't like the person I am, but I really do.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:16 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You never seem to be able to get 100% truth as to whom is at blame in these types of atrocities, it's usually 'six of one, half dozen the other' it is disgusting and heartbreaking to watch on TV and it needs to stop... NOW... regardless of who is to blame, will it stop... I doubt it unless someone else steps in to calm things down.

Why the OP started this thread is puzzling, what has mass killing got to do with spirituality ?

Mass killing has everything to do with spirituality. If spirituality can't live in and integrate to the values of this life, it's nothing than a fairy floss hobby
Old 06-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Burning down their own homes? That's certainly ridiculous, but it is credible that Muslim extremists killed those Hindus, and we know for sure that Muslim extremists have attacked police outposts - but it's not appropriate to persecute the entire Muslim population for the crimes of some few. Not that there's any easy way to sort it out, since that would require all these people to give up their religions - since it is only the name of religion that all this killing is for.

The situation is one of genocide. I am not sure it is actually related to religion - rather, the seeds of this are hatred, delusion and anger.

From the article:

A pack of soldiers stepped toward a petite young woman with light brown eyes and delicate cheekbones. Her name was Rajuma, and she was standing chest-high in the water, clutching her baby son, while her village in Myanmar burned down behind her.

“You,” the soldiers said, pointing at her.

She froze.

“You!”

She squeezed her baby tighter.

In the next violent blur of moments, the soldiers clubbed Rajuma in the face, tore her screaming child out of her arms and hurled him into a fire. She was then dragged into a house and gang-raped.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:27 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
They are not persecuting the 'entire Muslim population' for the acts of a few...they are persecuting those who caused it! and those who caused it would have everybody believe they are persecuting the 'entire Muslim population' for the crimes of a few because it suits their agenda to do so.

I admit that occasionally it goes awry, like when some are killed due to 'mistaken identity' (the bus incident), but then what happens? The insurgence escalates and more innocent people are caught in the crossfire to teach the government a 'lesson'....indiscriminate killings have happened on both sides, but you can plainly see that there have been more indiscriminate killings of Burmese nationals.....and the killing of Hindu people that were not even involved in it, than there have been killing the Rohingya itself.

45 Hindus get massacred, nobody cares...it is all 'hushed up' and the Media doesn't really even go there...one Rohingya baby gets killed and it's a global 'atrocity' for weeks...why is that?

I fail to see how someone could be so mean in their heart towards others. I understand now why you are so very unhappy.

There is no competition when it comes to sadness or the murdered/victimized.

And you are still here not because you won't be silenced, but because you cannot control or refrain from your unhappy and self centered impulses, or keep your own word.

By the way, the Daily Mail is a well known tabloid, famous for its modus operandi of inciting hate and anger amongst those inclined that way. There are much better sources of information and journalism in this world for those genuinely interested.

BT
Old 06-11-2017, 06:37 PM
Administrator
Temporary closing thread for review.

Clover
Old 09-11-2017, 09:03 PM
Administrator
Hello

Its all good leave it closed.....its too politically heated.

Lynn