Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 08:53 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
Practically, spirituality has limited human value. It's being able to perceive things from a less human way, as in to do the right thing even if you lose friends or material things. That's why it's not easy as people won't always understand you choosing a path that doesn't benefit you. That is a spiritual choice which is why a balance of 2 lives, spiritual and human is hard. Anyone who says a spiritual life is easy is either fibbing, deluded, or still in the early stages.

Religion and spirituality are very different even though they are lumped together. I know religious folks who aren't spiritual and vice versa.

What is the point then? There is one, but you will discover it in your own time.

Really? My perception of the genuinely spiritually advanced is a harmonization and integration of the spiritual into the human life such that the spiritual instincts supersede and replace prior selfishness/egotism. Therefore, to me, what they demonstrate consistently is ease of burden, joy of heart and peace of mind.

I concur though that the steps towards this genuine inner transformation may seem hard at first, especially for those still embellished within resistance.

Peace and love
Old 05-11-2017, 08:56 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I
For the same reason, the offer still stands however. Caveat: I can out-Shiva you any day. My 'righteousness' has the power to Shiva-'burn' the '****' out of you in ways which you may experience as being quite unpleasant.

Please kindly cult-recruit elsewhere.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
It's a shared universe. What I do can affect you, and what you do can affect me.

What would be the effect if we all suffered so? What would be the effect if we all worked together to be happy? What would be the effect if we were all aware of our own power, of the potential effects we can and do have on others?

We should all discuss this much more, IMO.

Have you heard of the butterfly effect. Well sure, in a spiritual sense, all is interconnected. Each moment, you are I, and I am you, and vice versa, such it goes. As an old friend once said, would you leave everyone else to suffer when you have reached the peak of the mountain or would you turn back and help others? I am no hero, but I feel sad for those whom suffer and have suffered, will suffer.

In some ways, we are responsible - all of us, each of us, for everything that happens. From acknowledging what is important (celebrity, money, sensationalism) to ignoring atrocities (Syria, Myanmar, Africa). Yes, there is hope, but each person still has to act.

Note to self.

Love and peace, Kioma.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
A truly heartless post. By the way, if that is what true spirituality is to you, I doubt you have ever tasted it.
I see....So, if something wasn't true but caused you to feel an emotion which was sanctioned by the masses in society, then it must be true, right? It is emotional bias, whichever way it goes...and whether I am spiritual or not, is something only "I" will ever know.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:30 PM
Master
Quote:
I agree with this and...ditto.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:47 PM
Master
Quote:
I saw some similarities, was wondering about that.

I have to invoke another analogy to explain this - like the seasons of spring, summer, fall and winter - the 'spring' is when a 'new' (fresh/vital) set of civilization generating memes 'sprout', the fall and first part of winter is when the 'fruit' of said 'growth' gets harvested and gathered into 'the barn' and the (unfruitful) 'chaff' gets (Kali Yuga) burned and plowed back into the ground. The second half of the (now very bleak) winter is when the next set of seeds are 'selected' and 'planted' which then gives 'rise' to the next spring, hopefully giving rise to a more benignly balanced civilization that the last (now Kali-Yuga passing) one.

Each 'fall' is the 'hurt-full' event which (if and as learned from) results in a 'better' more balanced human god-child 'civilization' evolving.

Based on my sense of the '****' you roughed 'Awareness' up with, I certainly don't want it. Not that I ever wanted that, in and of itself, in the first place. I just made on 'offer' based on what I felt might 'serve' Life, which I definitely feel a part of and wish/want to 'serve'.

For the same reason, the offer still stands however. Caveat: I can out-Shiva you any day. My 'righteousness' has the power to Shiva-'burn' the '****' out of you in ways which you may experience as being quite unpleasant. I ain't a would-be softy/sweety like 'Awareness' and won't at all take 'kindly' to your projecting your devilish villainousnness onto me. I will hold and treat you as being completely responsible for any egotism- and past-life based grandiosity and nastiness you dish out.

Here's my original offer, sans underlining etc., in case it makes it any easier to dope out:

"I may be miss-apprehending the degree of the cosmologicalness of the configuration of your personal 'soul, dear Devi (the word means 'Goddess', aye what?) but, for whatever it may be worth, let me offer the proposition that the (main?) 'reason' that you are non-blissful, or at least not consistently so, as you have declared elsewhere, is that your cosmological philosophy is unresolved, meaning not positively re-solved.

Our present Kali Yuga is really just an instance of 'humanity' (which is the spiritual 'child' of God) 'falling' 'down' and 'getting hurt' - there have been many previous such instances, and I'm sure there will be other such instances in future eras. It is a unavoidably necessary part of the process wherein and whereby 'humanity' (at large) learns to become co-ordinated, maintain its balance, and walk (and run and jump for joy!) upright.

You strike me as being a 'mother' (type) who frets and suffers as her 'child' ignorantly bumbles about without 'looking' and 'seeing', and so hurts others and get hurt in the process.

It's quite understandable that one such would not be able to simply relax and be happy while 'watching' such 'happening' - which, as I'm sure you know, is going to get a lot 'worse' (for a lot of people!) before things (in general) get 'better'.

IMO, your just seeking meditative or even guru-induced experiences of 'bliss' won't work for you because you are far from being a simpleton and aren't (i.e. can't, because of the 'advanced' nature of your soul, be!) engaged with humanity (Life) at large in a simple, "Don't worry, just be happy" fashion.

If what I have said strikes a chord which you deeply feel (but not otherwise), I offer my services to you. We could initially experiment with P.M.s and then emails to see if there's a 'fit' between us. Please examine yourself closely in light of what I have said before responding. Encountering 'me' personally could be like hitting a brick-sh*t wall as I am definitely not 'into' supportively coaching either idiots or peeps who just want to be 'blissfully' happy. My 'business card' (which is just imaginary ) says that I am a highly intelligent and spiritually evolved/evolving (IMO) cosmologician."
====
BTW - I take back my 'projection' that you may be a 'mother' type. Please know that, based on what I remember of Necroamancer's utterances, my 'sense' (such as it is - I am not 'psychic') is that your personality configuration is that of a grandiosely prideful, spoiled brat.
What's in a name?

I can see that when you didn't know who I was, you were being as nice as pie and now you know, you are taking back all your words and being spiteful.

People have problems hearing the truth, because it's not what they fully believe is the truth.....that's not my fault.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:52 AM
Master
I also hope that all of the above, what I have said, teaches a very important lesson here.

Spiritual people like to say they 'love everybody' and they are 'tolerant of everybody's beliefs'...until that comes to me, personally.

For some reason, I am totally excluded from this idealistic, imaginary world and the huge front that spiritual people display...and the true test of a person's equanimity, would be to place me in the same, locked room for 5 minutes, without them wanting to kill me out of anger, or curl up in a fetal position in the corner of the room and cry because their sense of 'morality' or 'what is socially acceptable' won't let them.

We have seen how the impact of 'ad hominem' can lend serious weight to an argument, because if anybody else i.e. 'Shivani Devi' had said the same words, they would be accepted, but because 'The Necromancer' said them, they are not. See how superficial it all is? When a simple search of the forum will provide the fact I am one in the same person.

This is why I have nothing whatsoever to do with people and yes, I am totally heartless because that's the way I have been treated by everybody else all my life and I'm a very quick learner. ;)
Old 06-11-2017, 02:14 AM
Guide
Quote:
Ohhh ... and I here thought I was cult- and pretense- destroying!
Old 06-11-2017, 02:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Ohhh ... and I here thought I was cult- and pretense- destroying!

Oh? I was not aware that a competition existed to see who could 'out-God' another.

Quote:
I can out-Shiva you any day. My 'righteousness' has the power to Shiva-'burn' the '****' out of you in ways which you may experience as being quite unpleasant.

'Pretense - destroying?' I laugh very heartily at that.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:59 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I see....So, if something wasn't true but caused you to feel an emotion which was sanctioned by the masses in society, then it must be true, right? It is emotional bias, whichever way it goes...and whether I am spiritual or not, is something only "I" will ever know.

Beg to differ.
Closed Thread