Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-11-2017, 09:19 AM
God-Like God-Like is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,532
  God-Like's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
The body is the vessel that allows us to live this life and move through life clear and healthy if we do take care of all of ourselves. Taking care of myself as a complete vessel serves me well.

The mind body spirit is an inclusive integration for me.

When death calls me, that is the time to let this body go. While life calls me, my body is important to the whole foundation of myself being me and living a quality filled life.

If you love yourself deep enough to know it all matters, you listen and do what you need for yourself more complete.
The body is a vessel of sorts, I agree . Some may give it no more attention than that where others see that every cell is alive / conscious and an integral part of what you are .

When you are of the body, you are of the body, when you are not, you are not .

Some who have realized what they are beyond the mind-body experience will suggest they are not the body and water down such impermanence as appearances that hold no weight ..

All perceptions had in reflection of what we are in my eyes come about through reasoning that makes sense to the individual, it's interesting to see how after realizations one can perceive so differently regarding what is and what isn't ..


x daz x
__________________
Everything under the sun is in tune,but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-11-2017, 09:33 AM
God-Like God-Like is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,532
  God-Like's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

Also, one can 'renounce' physical ailments as much as they like, but it won't stop those physical ailments...story of my life. lol

You do hear of those that endure sufferings who pass the sufferings off as a body thing that doesn't relate to what they really are .

In some respect that is true when we reflect upon what we are that is beyond the mind-body.

Again it boils down to distancing ourselves from what is happening here and now for what is happening here and now is experiencing our individual mind-body .

I find it somewhat surprising that some guru types who distance themselves from part of the mind-body experience and themselves in this way .

I mean yoga means union, why would some see the connection between mind-body-spirt practicing yoga and then disregard other associations ..


x daz x
__________________
Everything under the sun is in tune,but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-11-2017, 03:56 PM
Moonglow Moonglow is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 2,743
  Moonglow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Some say that one is not the body and renounce the ailments of the body .

For some they refer to the body as a temple of sorts .

I understand that the body manifest can be seen in both ways and depending of context both ways of perceiving the manifest body is correct .

While I AM of the manifest body and the body contains life, I AM not renouncing it, as a matter of fact I AM self healing daily .

It's an interesting journey however which way one perceives it ..

Can you love yourself and not the body .. can you love yourself and renounce a part of yourself?


x daz x

Hi daz,

I sometimes wonder about all the there is no self bit or we are not our this or that. If so, then what's the point coming here in this form? To forget, then remember, then forget, and so on? Saying this lightly.

For me, all has reason to be. Without my body would it be possible to experience the touch of another or what the senses experience?
For me this is part of the joys in life. Although, must admit not so much, depending on what is being sensed.

Still it is all this person I am being and experiencing. Perhaps given such form so that Spirit as well can experience these sensations through me. Just a thought.

So, at times may pause and focus upon just what my body is telling me.
Need to rest, need to move, need to just enjoy what is being now?

It all seems to connect and intertwine. For what is one without the other?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-11-2017, 08:48 PM
God-Like God-Like is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,532
  God-Like's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Some things you can change, other things you're stuck with. I don't get colds and flu through the winter because I just don't give in to them. While others are shoveling pills and potions they're destroying their immune system, I'd rather strengthen mine by letting a cold run its course. Other things though, not so much because there are parts of my body that do hurt - I'm old and knackered after all. However, some of the most painful ones are reminders of my Journey - souvenirs if you will.

I've been there and done that - physically, emotionally and Spiritually - and y'know? It's all me, all of it - warts and all.

I could renounce my desires but they're driving forces for experience, and just because I have a nice car in the drive it doesn't make me an egomaniac, it simply makes the Journey far more pleasant than driving a clapped out banger. And after a long time of not having, having is quite an experience.

This illusory self isn't so bad and my personality is infectious. I'm conscious that there are those whose Spirits are raised because of a simple smile that comes from an agreeable personality, or have a worry fade away. In that, Are We One? If I had renounced those personality traits and had no personality?

Does Spirituality belong to an illusory self? Is the non-illusory self the one that sees purpose and reason in having/being an illusory self? Are we simply wearing a mask as actors on Shakespeare's stage?

The question is, what is the question?

I'm going to put my Spirituality to one side because the reality is that my garden is a mess, it's annoying me and Mrs Greenslade's ticked at what she sees when she's putting the washing out. The birds don't mind though, and in all of that is a Spirituality.

Can you not Love yourself Unconditionally? Is that the 'ultimate goal'?

Nice post G.S. and I agree with your mentality for use of a better word .

Why do you think that some recognised guru types distance themselves or what they are from the mind-body environment / experience .

I kinda chuckle a bit with the extremeness of it all ... It's like anger arises but it doesn't belong to me .. lol ..

I understand where they are coming from but I also understand that it doesn't apply to the current situation .

In my eyes for such individuals that are advocates of oneness and Self and all that jazz pretty much renounce everything that is not permanent in reflection of what they are in experience of form / physicality ..


x dazzle x
__________________
Everything under the sun is in tune,but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-11-2017, 08:55 PM
God-Like God-Like is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,532
  God-Like's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi daz,

I sometimes wonder about all the there is no self bit or we are not our this or that. If so, then what's the point coming here in this form? To forget, then remember, then forget, and so on? Saying this lightly.

For me, all has reason to be. Without my body would it be possible to experience the touch of another or what the senses experience?
For me this is part of the joys in life. Although, must admit not so much, depending on what is being sensed.

Still it is all this person I am being and experiencing. Perhaps given such form so that Spirit as well can experience these sensations through me. Just a thought.

So, at times may pause and focus upon just what my body is telling me.
Need to rest, need to move, need to just enjoy what is being now?

It all seems to connect and intertwine. For what is one without the other?

Hi Moons,

In regards to no self, it's absolutely true, but what happens is that when self appears or self is aware of self, some then relate to that sense of self as illusory or non existent .

In my eyes it's an incorrect conclusion .

Just because what you are exists beyond the sense of self, doesn't nullify the sense of that when it happens / applies .

I don't mind sticking my neck out on this and saying it's a flaw that some folk make when there is the claim of an illusory self .

The physical form / experience like you say is a part of life and it is a part of you / what you are .

If we were to associate Self with no self and leave the warts by the side of the road, then it somehow contradicts that Self is all that is ..


x daz x
__________________
Everything under the sun is in tune,but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-11-2017, 09:00 PM
Kerubiel Kerubiel is online now
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 488
  Kerubiel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
So do you perceive the body and the ailments as a part of you?

Peeps can renounce many self aspects, but one can associate what that is with themselves on one hand and not on the other .

For example one can renounce their desires of the material but still maintain the connection that this is a part of them that they don't like .

For some they would renounce their personality traits because such traits are belonging to an illusory self.


x daz x

Well in a way I do perceive them as me. I perceive the body of awareness, what we have come to know, as myself. If, and when, I came across harmful knowledge of the body that knowledge became a part of me the moment \I began intending and supporting it. It is my job to clean the body of knowledge. To begin supporting a positive body.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-11-2017, 12:39 AM
muffin muffin is offline
Master
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,336
  muffin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
The body is the vessel that allows us to live this life and move through life clear and healthy if we do take care of all of ourselves. Taking care of myself as a complete vessel serves me well.

The mind body spirit is an inclusive integration for me.

When death calls me, that is the time to let this body go. While life calls me, my body is important to the whole foundation of myself being me and living a quality filled life.

If you love yourself deep enough to know it all matters, you listen and do what you need for yourself more complete.


Good afternoon naturesflow

As much as I agree with you, this seems back to front, "When death calls me, that is the time to let this body go. While life calls me."
__________________
Enjoy in what ever you wish to do
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-11-2017, 01:28 AM
Nature Grows Nature Grows is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Straya, camping with kangaroos, wombats, dingos, echidnas, kookaburras, koala bears & emus
Posts: 881
  Nature Grows's Avatar
Hmmm.... interesting question, integrate or renounce, well, what makes sense to me is you expand yourself you realize everything you are or what ever else you have discoverer then you come back to the body and yourself and life with all that and you live your life with better understanding/clarity then before which can help you and others, thats the idea, so integrate, i would say integrate. You can be intimately one with all of life and creation yet absolutely free of it at the same time though, think of a tv, the tv does not suffer or have the same fate as the characters on it's screen.

Also i want to add that having realizations or getting downloads or looking at things from different perspectives are great but what's more important is the Love in your heart. So an integration of both of those is good too.


.

Last edited by Nature Grows : 05-11-2017 at 04:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-11-2017, 01:58 AM
naturesflow naturesflow is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: In my cocoon.
Posts: 6,162
  naturesflow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon naturesflow

As much as I agree with you, this seems back to front, "When death calls me, that is the time to let this body go. While life calls me."


That's ok I don't write for people to agree with me.

Tell me if you would like too how you see it front to back?
__________________
A divinely brilliant life has no regret when DEATH comes along.
And you say," Yes, I'm well prepared ! "
Kazeronnie Mak
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-11-2017, 04:02 AM
naturesflow naturesflow is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: In my cocoon.
Posts: 6,162
  naturesflow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
The body is a vessel of sorts, I agree . Some may give it no more attention than that where others see that every cell is alive / conscious and an integral part of what you are .

When you are of the body, you are of the body, when you are not, you are not .

Some who have realized what they are beyond the mind-body experience will suggest they are not the body and water down such impermanence as appearances that hold no weight ..

All perceptions had in reflection of what we are in my eyes come about through reasoning that makes sense to the individual, it's interesting to see how after realizations one can perceive so differently regarding what is and what isn't ..


x daz x

Impermanence and understanding we are beyond mind-body can be still be honoured as a non attached awareness, even as you integrate and give life to yourself fully in body. We are a creative vessel and the body serves us in so many ways of us being us. For example, my fingers touching the keyboard are enabling me to type this to you. My eyes and my sensory relationship in expressing myself come through my mind/body/spirit awareness. My body being able to sit upright and give life to this moment does so because I acknowledge its presence as one with me being myself..
__________________
A divinely brilliant life has no regret when DEATH comes along.
And you say," Yes, I'm well prepared ! "
Kazeronnie Mak
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums