Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-11-2017, 06:32 AM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,370
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I was too till I read your announcement. Now where I can get me some?


Walmart have some and the ' buy one, get one free ' is still on offer
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Gem Gem is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 16,726
  Gem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Icwotudidthar.

However, my ambivalence to the announcer's tired, old 'sales pitch' makes me unable to notice that 1800 number which flashes on the screen directly after it. *muahahaha*

However, since posting all of that yesterday, I realise I already HAVE a guru:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakshinamurthy

When one has Dakshinamurthy as their guru, it totally spoils them in regards to all current, modern, human gurus...and that has been my problem with this all along.

In another incarnation, I was one of the 'holy 7' but I keep on forgetting that, keep getting caught up in this human incarnation and taking out all my existential angst on those of a lower vibration...until I get reminded, yet again...and then I am like "fear the skull, people...fear it!'



Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya

That guy belongs in a heavy metal band.

Personally, I'm not into the whole guru thing, but Ramana's principle of self inquiry seems sensible, because should one want to know themself, then they can look to find out who they are... though it might take some persistence in returning attention to the self.
__________________
.
Check out my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 6,100
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
That guy belongs in a heavy metal band.

Personally, I'm not into the whole guru thing, but Ramana's principle of self inquiry seems sensible, because should one want to know themself, then they can look to find out who they are... though it might take some persistence in returning attention to the self.
I read something the other day;

Rene Descartes: "I think therefore I am"
Hindu Holy Man: "I am therefore I think".

Shivani: "Am is, therefore I'm not"

You can't really 'know yourself' in as much as the mind can't 'think itself'...so, you can ask "who am I?" but the only answer you'll ever get from doing that is "who is asking who am I?"

Om Namah Shivaya
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Bindu* Bindu* is offline
Knower
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 148
  Bindu*'s Avatar
Shivani
Quote:
In another incarnation, I was one of the 'holy 7'

Are you talking of having been one of the 'saptarishis' (seven rishi's) ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saptarishi
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-11-2017, 01:37 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 6,100
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
Shivani


Are you talking of having been one of the 'saptarishis' (seven rishi's) ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saptarishi
Namaste.

The Saptarishis were also known as the Ascended Masters.

For some reason, I have a very strong memory of sitting with 6 others at the dawn of civilisation, at the feet of the Great Guru...the Adi guru, Adi Deva...we spoke not, took silent instruction and the essence of the universe was instilled into our hearts.

I am either one of those rishis in human form, or I am a disciple of Adi Shankaracharya in a past existence. I have had many flashes and visions of this.

Om Namah Shivaya
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-11-2017, 03:07 PM
Bindu* Bindu* is offline
Knower
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 148
  Bindu*'s Avatar
Shivani
Quote:
For some reason, I have a very strong memory of sitting with 6 others at the dawn of civilisation, at the feet of the Great Guru...the Adi guru, Adi Deva...we spoke not, took silent instruction and the essence of the universe was instilled into our hearts.

I am either one of those rishis in human form, or I am a disciple of Adi Shankaracharya in a past existence. I have had many flashes and visions of this.

"Sapta Rishis are the hierarchy working under the guidance of the highest creative intelligence, Paramatma.................They are naturally the most evolved 'light beings' in the creation and the guardians of the divine laws."


So you are one of the incarnated " most evolved 'light beings' in creation"

By what I read in your posts about your life, this does not seems to be the case.

Seems more like a portion of ego-delusion.

.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-11-2017, 03:18 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 6,100
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
Shivani


"Sapta Rishis are the hierarchy working under the guidance of the highest creative intelligence, Paramatma.................They are naturally the most evolved 'light beings' in the creation and the guardians of the divine laws."


So you are one of the incarnated ' most evolved 'light beings' in creation

By what I read in your posts about your life, this does not seems to be the case.

Seems more like a portion of ego-delusion.

.
Namaste.

You also realise, of course, that I would anticipate such a reply after making such a bold announcement, so your reaction isn't surprising in the least.

However, consider this for a moment...bear with me.

Mahadeva Shiva is one of the most, if not the most evolved being of light in all creation.

The posts relating to my unimportant, personal life are part of that whole 'ego delusion' when according to all of the scriptures and philosophies in existence, I am Shiva!

So, if one could make the claim to be God themselves, what's the harm in taking a slight backdown to be one of the direct servants of God?

Does it take more 'ego' for me to say that I am an enlightened being with historical significance, or for you to say that I am not?...or would it just be much easier if I cut the whole masquerade and said I was Shiva in the flesh?

Om Namah Shivaya
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Bindu* Bindu* is offline
Knower
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 148
  Bindu*'s Avatar
Ego says.....
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-11-2017, 03:32 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 6,100
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
Ego says.....
Whenever one opens the mouth it's the ego who speaks, doesn't make the reality and more or less true than it is though.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Bindu* Bindu* is offline
Knower
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 148
  Bindu*'s Avatar
True discrimination between truth and falsehood is also important on the spiritual path.

That you claim on internet to be a living incarnation of one of the seven rishi's is an example of ego-delusion and falsehood.

The lack of discrimination to see that, IS the problem.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums