Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 28-10-2017, 01:44 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,409
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

I like the hard line here, it's God OR it's money, not it's money and God as long as God is actually the most important.

Not that I am there yet, but I see it as a point to achieve.


What about looking at money as your slave instead of master
  #22  
Old 28-10-2017, 01:48 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,409
 
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
This is what he's doing, the seven weeks after Buddha Sakyamuni is enlightened:

(Part One) 18. Seven Weeks After Enlightenment

Under the Bodhi Tree

During the first week after enlightenment, the Buddha sat under the bodhi tree experiencing the happiness of freedom and peace. He was free from disturbing thoughts, calm and blissful.

Gazing at the Tree

During the second week, in thanks and gratitude to the tree that had sheltered him during his struggle for Buddhahood, the Buddha stood without moving his eyes as he meditated on the bodhi tree.

Following this example, it is the custom of Buddhists to pay respect to not only the original bodhi tree, but also to the descendants of the bodhi tree that still thrive today.

The Golden Bridge

In the third week, the Buddha saw through his mind’s eye that the devas in the heavens were not sure whether he had attained enlightenment or not. To prove his enlightenment the Buddha created a golden bridge in the air and walked up and down it for a whole week.

The Jewelled Chamber

In the fourth week, he created a beautiful jewelled chamber and sitting inside it meditated on what was later known as the "Detailed Teaching" (Abhidhamma). His mind and body were so purified that six coloured rays came out of his body — blue, yellow, red, white, orange and a mixture of these five. Today these six colours make up the Buddhist flag. Each colour represented one noble quality of the Buddha: yellow for holiness, white for purity, blue for confidence, red for wisdom and orange for desirelessness. The mixed colour represented all these noble qualities.

Three Girls

During the fifth week, while meditating under a banyan tree, three most charming girls called Tanha, Rati and Raga came to disturb his meditation. They danced in a most seductive and charming manner and did everything to tempt the Buddha to watch their dance. Yet he continued to meditate unperturbed, and soon they tired and left him alone.

The Mucalinda Tree

The Buddha then went and meditated at the foot of a mucalinda tree. It began to rain heavily and a huge king cobra came out and coiled his body seven times around the Buddha to keep him warm and placed his hood over the Buddha’s head to protect him from the rain. After seven days the rain stopped and the snake changed into a young man who paid his respects to the Buddha. The Buddha then said:

"Happy are they who are contented. Happiness is for those who hear and know the truth. Happy are they who have good will in this world towards all sentient beings. Happy are they who have no attachments and have passed beyond sense-desires. The disappearance of the word "I AM " is indeed the highest happiness."

The Rajayatana Tree

During the seventh week, the Buddha meditated under the rajayatana tree. On the fiftieth morning, after seven weeks of fasting, two merchants came into his presence. They were called Tapussa and Bhallika. They offered the Buddha rice cakes and honey to break his fast and the Buddha told them some of what he had found in his enlightenment.

These two merchants, by taking refuge in the Buddha and his Dharma (translated as "teachings of the Buddha"), became the first lay followers. There was no Sangha (order of monks and nuns) then. They asked the Buddha for something sacred to keep with them. The Buddha wiped his head with his right hand and pulled out some hair to give to them. These hair relics, called Kesa Datu, were later reputed to be enshrined by the merchants on their return home to what is now known as Burma, in the Shwedagon Pagoda in Rangoon.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

So neil or sky just to agree what you're not yet knowing.


Jeremy I know one thing.... that I don't know because I wasn't there. I can presume as the writer of your post did... We dont know...
  #23  
Old 28-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Jeremy Bong Jeremy Bong is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 4,192
  Jeremy Bong's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Jeremy I know one thing.... that I don't know because I wasn't there. I can presume as the writer of your post did... We dont know...

I'm living with you in SF and do you and neil know who I'm and what I've done? I don't think so. That's the differences between knowing and don't know. But it's wrong to say, you don't know but you as if you surely know it.

History is we're not there and we're listen to the history as a reference and the truth is what's handed down by others. It can have erring somewhere but we don't know exactly what it's. Or there's no mistake.
  #24  
Old 28-10-2017, 02:29 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,409
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
I'm living with you in SF and do you and neil know who I'm and what I've done? I don't think so. That's the differences between knowing and don't know. But it's wrong to say, you don't know but you as if you surely know it.

History is we're not there and we're listen to the history as a reference and the truth is what's handed down by others. It can have erring somewhere but we don't know exactly what it's. Or there's no mistake.


You are confused about what I wrote Jeremy. I said that we do not know what Buddha awoke to, he never revealed it so nobody can know, we can only presume through his teachings ( Suttas )

I only know you through your postings, you are another sentient being no different from other sentient beings..
  #25  
Old 28-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Jeremy Bong Jeremy Bong is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 4,192
  Jeremy Bong's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You are confused about what I wrote Jeremy. I said that we do not know what Buddha awoke to, he never revealed it so nobody can know, we can only presume through his teachings ( Suttas )

I only know you through your postings, you are another sentient being no different from other sentient beings..

It's true I'm a sentiment person but do you find that I'm a bit different (or no different) from most of you that I'm undefeatable by demons or devils. So you see me as ordinary and no different. So you're better than neil, he's calling me be affected by "darkness energy" (while he surely is). And I don't know why they're so many unusual guys living on this planet.

And they're so many people trying to disturb others by using spells and incantations to bewitch or hypnotize and misleading others to have sex with these scam of the religion leaders.

Some of them rich because they're cheating or offering evildoings to the person to get rid of his opponent who gives the money in return. And some who just using spells and incantations to control rich people to give them a lot of money... to do something bad..... I know it , they're some of these guys in my area.
  #26  
Old 28-10-2017, 03:50 PM
neil neil is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: ♡AUSTRALIA♡
Posts: 402
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
.

Do you know what you're talking about: " the concept of enlightenment is incorrect.... fully under negative influence of very dark beings"?

So you're better than Buddha Sakyamuni or his teaching. He's an enlightened person. So you're now a "christed person", so you get this type of nonsense speech?

Don't forget whatever you said is merely assumption of no proof and you never come across. Or you've been affected by darkness energy then everyone has to be like you?

What about "you living without flesh" if at that time isn't as you expected. It's all your assumptions.

Do you want to tell people :you mustn't be enlightened otherwise will be affected by darkness energy or beings? Joker of the era!!!

Jeremy you are clutching at straw again, to try and one up yourself on me....once again.

I did not say that Buddha was not an enlightened being infact I did not mention his name...I SAID THIS...↓↓
-----------------
I believe and have said before that the truth of the concept of enlightenment is incorrect and the so called enlightened ones of earth are fully under the negative influence of very dark beings.
-----------------
Now.....maybe I should have placed the word.... ( TODAY ) after the word EARTH.....
SO SORRY JEREMY...SO SORRY...FOR UPSETTING YOU....BUT CALM DOWN A BIT...AND SHOW A LITTLE RESTRAINT IN YOUR PERSONALITY.....ASK A QUESTION INSTEAD OF BLOWING PEOPLES HEADS OFF....settle pettle and practice a loving way of being.

Because jeremy, and as I did mean to stress, is that, there is.."NOT"..a so called enlightened being on earth.."today"..that can come even close to performing the jesus like miracles on earth, whilst in their fleshly form, that an enlightened/christed being should be able to perform whilst still in the flesh.

In other words jeremy...if I asked an enlightened/ christed being to transport his physical body to my place from China...to...Australia....A "BONA FIDE" CHRISTED/ENLIGHTENED PERSON COULD DO IT.

Jeremy....jeremy.... jeremy...once you settle and then read my post you will possibly see that I was only stating that there is confusion in the belief of the concept of "ENLIGHTENMENT".

So jeremy....please point out to everyone on this forum, JUST one person on this planet, who can transport their physical self around this earth without machinery.

And jeremy... if there was a fully enlightened being on this planet, you would think that they would come out of the closet, and assist the people of the earth as a whole, how to transform themselves and the planet into a system and an environment of "LOVE"....I KNOW THAT I WOULD IF I WERE IN THEIR CONDITION OF SOUL QUALITY.

And also jeremy... I did not make reference to myself being better than Buddha nor myself being a christed being....THOSE WORDS ARE YOUR DELUSIONAL THOUGHTS.

NOW JUDGING FROM YOUR PAST HISTORY REGARDING MYSELF AND OTHERS, ILL BET THAT YOU ARE CHAMPING AT THE BIT....TO STOMP MY "WILL" INTO CONFORMING WITH YOUR WILL...
SO PLEASE THINK A LITTLE AND LOVE A LITTLE...BEFORE YOU TEAR INTO ANOTHER RANT.

....AND THAT JEREMY IS A VERY UNLOVING AND UN ENLIGHTENED ACT.AND WAY OF BEING.
  #27  
Old 28-10-2017, 04:41 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,409
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
It's true I'm a sentiment person but do you find that I'm a bit different (or no different) from most of you that I'm undefeatable by demons or devils. So you see me as ordinary and no different. So you're better than neil, he's calling me be affected by k"darkness energy" (while he surely is). And I don't know why they're so many unusual guys living on this planet.

And they're so many people trying to disturb others by using spells and incantations to bewitch or hypnotize and misleading others to have sex with these scam of the religion leaders.

Some of them rich because they're cheating or offering evildoings to the person to get rid of his opponent who gives the money in return. And some who just using spells and incantations to control rich people to give them a lot of money... to do something bad..... I know it , they're some of these guys in my area.


I see you as the same as everyone else Jeremy and I think you have it very wrong about Neil, mybe if you read the posts more than once you might find it easier to join in the conversation. I admire you for trying in another language because I also speak another language and it can be confusing...
  #28  
Old 28-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Jeremy Bong Jeremy Bong is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 4,192
  Jeremy Bong's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Jeremy you are clutching at straw again, to try and one up yourself on me....once again.

I did not say that Buddha was not an enlightened being infact I did not mention his name...I SAID THIS...↓↓
-----------------
I believe and have said before that the truth of the concept of enlightenment is incorrect and the so called enlightened ones of earth are fully under the negative influence of very dark beings.
-----------------
Now.....maybe I should have placed the word.... ( TODAY ) after the word EARTH.....
SO SORRY JEREMY...SO SORRY...FOR UPSETTING YOU....BUT CALM DOWN A BIT...AND SHOW A LITTLE RESTRAINT IN YOUR PERSONALITY.....ASK A QUESTION INSTEAD OF BLOWING PEOPLES HEADS OFF....settle pettle and practice a loving way of being.

Because jeremy, and as I did mean to stress, is that, there is.."NOT"..a so called enlightened being on earth.."today"..that can come even close to performing the jesus like miracles on earth, whilst in their fleshly form, that an enlightened/christed being should be able to perform whilst still in the flesh.

In other words jeremy...if I asked an enlightened/ christed being to transport his physical body to my place from China...to...Australia....A "BONA FIDE" CHRISTED/ENLIGHTENED PERSON COULD DO IT.

Jeremy....jeremy.... jeremy...once you settle and then read my post you will possibly see that I was only stating that there is confusion in the belief of the concept of "ENLIGHTENMENT".

So jeremy....please point out to everyone on this forum, JUST one person on this planet, who can transport their physical self around this earth without machinery.

And jeremy... if there was a fully enlightened being on this planet, you would think that they would come out of the closet, and assist the people of the earth as a whole, how to transform themselves and the planet into a system and an environment of "LOVE"....I KNOW THAT I WOULD IF I WERE IN THEIR CONDITION OF SOUL QUALITY.

And also jeremy... I did not make reference to myself being better than Buddha nor myself being a christed being....THOSE WORDS ARE YOUR DELUSIONAL THOUGHTS.

NOW JUDGING FROM YOUR PAST HISTORY REGARDING MYSELF AND OTHERS, ILL BET THAT YOU ARE CHAMPING AT THE BIT....TO STOMP MY "WILL" INTO CONFORMING WITH YOUR WILL...
SO PLEASE THINK A LITTLE AND LOVE A LITTLE...BEFORE YOU TEAR INTO ANOTHER RANT.

....AND THAT JEREMY IS A VERY UNLOVING AND UN ENLIGHTENED ACT.AND WAY OF BEING.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

1) I believe and have said before that the truth of the concept of enlightenment is incorrect and the so called enlightened ones of earth are fully under the negative influence of very dark beings.


2) Now.....maybe I should have placed the word.... ( TODAY ) after the word EARTH.....
SO SORRY JEREMY...SO SORRY...FOR UPSETTING YOU....BUT CALM DOWN A BIT...AND SHOW A LITTLE RESTRAINT IN YOUR PERSONALITY.....ASK A QUESTION INSTEAD OF BLOWING PEOPLES HEADS OFF....settle pettle and practice a loving way of being.



3) In other words jeremy...if I asked an enlightened/ christed being to transport his physical body to my place from China...to...Australia....A "BONA FIDE" CHRISTED/ENLIGHTENED PERSON COULD DO IT.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%


1) You said, all the people in this world, ancient and today. So I'm having my right comments. That's including Buddha Sakyamuni, I think you've the common sense or the knowledge of English language using.


2) Why not you wrote TODAY before you post it and you change a "U-turn" of it as only today.

3) Why evey enlightened person has to be like Jesus Christ? Can Jesus open the Red Sea as Moses? So what type of theory you have? That's funny indeed.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I (my spirit) can go to your place to ring your bell that's good enough to show you my dharma-subtlety in no-distance and no-time traveling. So what do you want from others again? If you can do it, then you can tell me, that's nothing to you. And don't have your spirits going outside your body as others can . Then you can comment others........joke!!!
  #29  
Old 28-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Jeremy Bong Jeremy Bong is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 4,192
  Jeremy Bong's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I see you as the same as everyone else Jeremy and I think you have it very wrong about Neil, mybe if you read the posts more than once you might find it easier to join in the conversation. I admire you for trying in another language because I also speak another language and it can be confusing...

Just let others to explain to you. So I give no comments to your post. You're always supporting Ab Orgine and neil... So just let others to tell you what's wrong with their posts because you're the "same group".
  #30  
Old 28-10-2017, 05:19 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,409
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Just let others to explain to you. So I give no comments to your post. You're always supporting Ab Orgine and neil... So just let others to tell you what's wrong with their posts because you're the "same group".


' same group '... great minds think alike

Nothing is wrong with their posts Jeremy, they just see things differently, as we all do.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums