Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 16-10-2017, 12:39 PM
Explorer21 Explorer21 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 361
  Explorer21's Avatar
I agree with most of what you say here, although I would not call religion the "enemy." Often misguided, narrow-minded and in error would be a more accurate description, I think. It's true Jesus taught that priests were unnecessary and advocated direct personal communion with God.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab Origine
Hi Folks..

Well, if we listened to Christ, then there would not be ANY priests at all - no religion at all - as that is what He ACTUALLY advocated and taught a personal communion direct with the Divine where NO such priest intermediary or religious institution is ever needed at all - and in fact He said repeatedly that such leaders and following such erroneous teaching s would only serve to lead us astray and hnder our true development..

And indeed Folks, He DID have female "followers" that He taught EQUALLY in every respect of His spiritual truth...Mary Magdelene prime example - the other disciples report that Christ showed her great favour - loved her in a human manner also, kissed her "on the mouth often" and she would indeed become a central figure after His murder, and it is she who organises the disciples and remind them of their duty at this time as they are all fearful and wondering how to carry o without Him, so she steps forward to take control and is very much a leading driving force... The other disciples, except Peter who seems to be the only one to take issue with her femininity, all the rest seem to accept her without any problems at all...

As I say, in the ORIGINAL gospels these disciples actually wrote themselves, we get a VERY DFFERENT view of Yeshua the Christ and His teaching.. As said, He has us turn AWAY from the organised religion, have no part of it at all - and certainly He NEVER came to start any new religion in His name..lol... All this religious malarkey is forced upon us by MAN, not by my Father... Have no part of any of it Christ said, it will inevitably lead you astray..

So we see, an issue of female priests is a rather moot point here - as in truth - there is no need for ANY priesthood at all or ANY religion at all, He said so directly, repeatedly - DAMN THOSE PHARISEES yes..?? and of course for this truth they MURDERED Him to stop His threat to their authority...We should NEVER forget that basic essential truth Folks - they MURDERED Him to silence Him - the religion is an ENEMY to Christ and my Father and has ALWAYS been so.. He warned us repeatedly didn't He..??..
__________________
"The greatest government secret of the century is that advanced human civilizations have been discovered on many of the planets in our solar system. And the physical spaceships which are seen in the skies every day are from some of them."

(Omnec Onec)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 16-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Explorer21 Explorer21 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 361
  Explorer21's Avatar
Jesus had 12 male disciples, but he also had a large female following. He treated women and men equally, unlike the average male in those days.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Let us not forget the man who, in the scriptures, set a good example by having twelve male disciples. Can't argue with that can you...
__________________
"The greatest government secret of the century is that advanced human civilizations have been discovered on many of the planets in our solar system. And the physical spaceships which are seen in the skies every day are from some of them."

(Omnec Onec)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 16-10-2017, 12:57 PM
Explorer21 Explorer21 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 361
  Explorer21's Avatar
Everything you have quoted from the Bible was written by a man expressing his biased attitude towards women. Such statements were NOT inspired by God, but by a male-dominant ancient society that considered women inferior to men. Where in the New Testament does Jesus say such things? The answer is NOWHERE.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
However, in the life and ministry of the Church there are certain boundaries set for women, for their own and common good. They can prophesy, that is, speak words of "edification, exhortation and comfort" under the anointing of the Spirit (Acts 2:17, 18; 21:9; 1 Cor 14:3; 11:5). But the Bible does not permit them to "teach" (1 Tim 2:12). That is, a woman cannot teach doctrines in the Church. The teaching of doctrine carries with it a sense of authority and great responsibility (2 Cor 13:10; Js 3:1). This women are not called to do. Apostle Paul gives the reason why. "Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression" (1 Tim 2:14). Women in general are more prone to deception than men. When Paul wrote to the Corinthians that it was shameful for women to "speak" in Church, he was not referring to prophesying, praying or testifying (1 Cor 14:34, 35). The Corinthian women were interrupting the speakers in the Church asking questions. Paul felt it was not decent and orderly. Therefore he suggested that the wives clear their doubts by discussing with their husbands at home (v 40). Each one should remain with God in that calling in which he is called (1 Cor 7:24). Instead of coveting the responsibilities delegated to men, women should specialise in areas where their gifts and talents can be gracefully used for the glory of God. Why touch the forbidden fruit when there are so many other fruits? For example, women can teach women how to fulfil their God-given role at home and in the society (Tit 2:4, 5). We need Miriams to lead women in praise and worship (Ex 15:20, 21). There is always a scarcity for Dorcases to show love in action (Acts 9:36, 39 Prov 31:20). Women can serve as helpers in the ministrial teams, both locally and translocally (Lk 8:1-3; Phil 4:3; Rom 16:6). We read about a deaconess in the Church at Cenchrea (Rom 16:1, 2). Undeniably women are the best teachers for children, because of their motherly character (Prov 1:8; 31:28). God has greatly used many women in the mission fields. In a country like India, especially in the rural areas, women alone can reach women. Nearly fifty percent of Indians is women! Wanted women like Anna to go on sharing the message of redemption! (Lk 2:36-38). As long as they don't assume a dominant role, wives are not prohibitted from sharing in the ministry of their husbands, like Priscilla (Acts 18:25, 26). They can very well involve in counselling individuals or explaining the Scriptures even to men. The authoritative teaching in the common assembly is what is discouraged. They can always share words of edification and testimonies of God's grace. In the Bible about twenty apostles are named and all were male. The pastors or elders were always men. Note, an elder was to be the "husband" of one wife! (1 Tim 3:2; Tit 1:6). The leadership in the Church is reserved for men as in the home. Let's not reverse roles!

Oh well... I know what role I play now.... best clean the cave
__________________
"The greatest government secret of the century is that advanced human civilizations have been discovered on many of the planets in our solar system. And the physical spaceships which are seen in the skies every day are from some of them."

(Omnec Onec)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 16-10-2017, 02:03 PM
Starflower Starflower is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 298
  Starflower's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer21
The idea that women cannot be priests, because God said so, was created, NOT by God, but by men who thought women were inferior to men. Male-dominant Judaism was largely responsible for this attitude inherited by Christianity and voiced by such teachers as Paul of Tarsus who said that women should keep quiet in church and obey their husbands in everything. And Christians call his opinions "THE WORD OF GOD."
The only people in Christianity who are allowed to be priests are those who have a penis, and then they are not allowed to use it.

This idea of male dominance over women is a very mistaken way of thinking and has accounted for much of the "controlling" chaos we see in cultures today. In many native cultures such as Polynesian, women were seen as in spiritual closeness to the Creative Life because they brought life into the world through their own bodies. Men respected their intuition as being a voice of natural power.
I surely expect that over time, the appreciation of what women have to offer as sovereign beings will be recognized. We each have an inner male and female. When men fail to appreciate that and seek to lord over, control and possess women, they actually castrate their own ability to communicate with spirit in wholeness.
__________________
Space has no dream limit.
Time has no speed limit.
Love is the quantum joy of infinity.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 16-10-2017, 02:16 PM
Explorer21 Explorer21 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 361
  Explorer21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflower
This idea of male dominance over women is a very mistaken way of thinking and has accounted for much of the "controlling" chaos we see in cultures today. In many native cultures such as Polynesian, women were seen as in spiritual closeness to the Creative Life because they brought life into the world through their own bodies. Men respected their intuition as being a voice of natural power.
I surely expect that over time, the appreciation of what women have to offer as sovereign beings will be recognized. We each have an inner male and female. When men fail to appreciate that and seek to lord over, control and possess women, they actually castrate their own ability to communicate with spirit in wholeness.

Well spoken, Starflower. Generally speaking, native cultures' attitude to women is the wisest.
__________________
"The greatest government secret of the century is that advanced human civilizations have been discovered on many of the planets in our solar system. And the physical spaceships which are seen in the skies every day are from some of them."

(Omnec Onec)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 16-10-2017, 03:39 PM
PeaceChic99 PeaceChic99 is offline
Knower
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 142
  PeaceChic99's Avatar
I honestly have no problem with women teaching scripture. I have a fairly young lady who I have danced with for many years who can spread the gospel better than any pastor I know. All in all, I believe that the Church should be more open to the idea of female priests.
__________________
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 16-10-2017, 03:54 PM
Explorer21 Explorer21 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 361
  Explorer21's Avatar
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceChic99
I honestly have no problem with women teaching scripture. I have a fairly young lady who I have danced with for many years who can spread the gospel better than any pastor I know. All in all, I believe that the Church should be more open to the idea of female priests.

Peace Chick, thanks for your words of wisdom. I like your Peace symbol avatar because I experienced the exhilarating peace and love period of the 1960s and early 1970s.
__________________
"The greatest government secret of the century is that advanced human civilizations have been discovered on many of the planets in our solar system. And the physical spaceships which are seen in the skies every day are from some of them."

(Omnec Onec)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 17-10-2017, 01:17 PM
jojo50 jojo50 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 300
  jojo50's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Let us not forget the man who, in the scriptures, set a good example by having twelve male disciples. Can't argue with that can you...

exactly, if women were to start off by following Jesus lead. he would have chosen the most perfect ,(imperfect human), his mother! not to mention Mary and Martha, who followed him also!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 17-10-2017, 02:14 PM
jojo50 jojo50 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 300
  jojo50's Avatar

not true, there was a reason why Jehovah God and Jesus created man first. and his words does have much to do why women don't suppose to lead HIS!... congregations. those who does not worship Jehovah God or truly don't follow Jesus, can do as they may! sadly MANY get offended because someone close to them are called preachers, (the woman). and they refuse to believe their love ones really isn't. MANY claim Christian yet have some problems with the words of God. especially if it hits too close to home. scriptures are God words, NOT man! he told the original writers what to say ,(2Tim. 3:16), (2Cor. 3:5), (2Pet. 1:20,21), (Jer. 30:1,2), (Dan. 12:8-10), read for yourself.

Jehovah and Jesus gave man first, the rules to follow, and what his Job was to do on Earth. which was to cultivate the Earth and to name all the animals ,(Genesis 2:15-20). Adam was given the Authority over everything, including Eve. though unlike MANY men today, he didn't misuse his Authority. and when Eve was created, God didn't reiterate what he had told Adam. it was Adams job to relay the laws to her. also, it wasn't Adam who was tricked by satan, but Eve.

therefore women can't lead over man ,(1Tim. 2:12-14 I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. Let them listen quietly. For God made Adam first, and afterward he made Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan. The woman was deceived, and sin was the result). Jehovah God didn't mean a woman couldn't participating in their congregation. there are other ways to help out, and she can talk. like as to as some say, testify. but Jehovah and Jesus placed men to lead over their congregations and to be guiders of the flocks, not women! there were MANY worshipers of Jehovah God like Deborah and Miriam who were prophetess. but they NEVER enter Temples to teach, they ONLY listened. they knew what was required of them and what wasn't, so they obeyed! we as women can take a lesson from those faithful and obedient women!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 17-10-2017, 03:01 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,379
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
not true, there was a reason why Jehovah God and Jesus created man first. and his words does have much to do why women don't suppose to lead HIS!... congregations. those who does not worship Jehovah God or truly don't follow Jesus, can do as they may! sadly MANY get offended because someone close to them are called preachers, (the woman). and they refuse to believe their love ones really isn't. MANY claim Christian yet have some problems with the words of God. especially if it hits too close to home. scriptures are God words, NOT man! he told the original writers what to say ,(2Tim. 3:16), (2Cor. 3:5), (2Pet. 1:20,21), (Jer. 30:1,2), (Dan. 12:8-10), read for yourself.

Jehovah and Jesus gave man first, the rules to follow, and what his Job was to do on Earth. which was to cultivate the Earth and to name all the animals ,(Genesis 2:15-20). Adam was given the Authority over everything, including Eve. though unlike MANY men today, he didn't misuse his Authority. and when Eve was created, God didn't reiterate what he had told Adam. it was Adams job to relay the laws to her. also, it wasn't Adam who was tricked by satan, but Eve.

therefore women can't lead over man ,(1Tim. 2:12-14 I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. Let them listen quietly. For God made Adam first, and afterward he made Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan. The woman was deceived, and sin was the result). Jehovah God didn't mean a woman couldn't participating in their congregation. there are other ways to help out, and she can talk. like as to as some say, testify. but Jehovah and Jesus placed men to lead over their congregations and to be guiders of the flocks, not women! there were MANY worshipers of Jehovah God like Deborah and Miriam who were prophetess. but they NEVER enter Temples to teach, they ONLY listened. they knew what was required of them and what wasn't, so they obeyed! we as women can take a lesson from those faithful and obedient women!


Well the cave is clean, I must wait and see what is required of me next
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums