Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 16-10-2017, 08:31 PM
blossomingtree blossomingtree is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 344
 
What a weird thread - impugning children and calling them evil.

As if the adults have not caused enough mess. Let's categorize and blame children in self-serving ways too!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 16-10-2017, 08:40 PM
Kioma Kioma is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 436
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
What a weird thread - impugning children and calling them evil.

As if the adults have not caused enough mess. Let's categorize and blame children in self-serving ways too!
Point.

.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 16-10-2017, 09:42 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,156
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
What a weird thread - impugning children and calling them evil.

As if the adults have not caused enough mess. Let's categorize and blame children in self-serving ways too!

You obviously have not read my first post well enough, so I encourage you to refrain from getting involved unless you don't only read what you WANT to read just so you can spew forth your hypocritical opinion and make it sound like I am some sort of bogeyman that likes to pick on children. Just so you know, nowhere did I say children are evil... I only question their supposed purity and innocence based on how I remember myself as a child, because I do not have the feeling I have ever been pure and innocent and if it could actually be something related to a past life.

Cheers mate!
__________________
The dawn will never rise again for my eyes
And I will never sleep again
I've lost my hope time after time
Cause the light has vanished from the sky
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 17-10-2017, 01:37 AM
Kioma Kioma is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 436
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
You obviously have not read my first post well enough, so I encourage you to refrain from getting involved unless you don't only read what you WANT to read just so you can spew forth your hypocritical opinion and make it sound like I am some sort of bogeyman that likes to pick on children. Just so you know, nowhere did I say children are evil... I only question their supposed purity and innocence based on how I remember myself as a child, because I do not have the feeling I have ever been pure and innocent and if it could actually be something related to a past life.

Cheers mate!
Check this out:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1028162928.htm

Monkeys who have never ever even seen a snake are terrified of snakes. How do you explain that?

In this case, there is a very natural explanation. And that's what I mean by "we just don't know". Life is far too complex to be able to isolate every vector for every thought and feeling - but we are able to isolate enough of them to know that for sure.


.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 17-10-2017, 05:35 AM
blossomingtree blossomingtree is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 344
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
You obviously have not read my first post well enough, so I encourage you to refrain from getting involved unless you don't only read what you WANT to read just so you can spew forth your hypocritical opinion and make it sound like I am some sort of bogeyman that likes to pick on children. Just so you know, nowhere did I say children are evil... I only question their supposed purity and innocence based on how I remember myself as a child, because I do not have the feeling I have ever been pure and innocent and if it could actually be something related to a past life.

Cheers mate!

I wasn't referring to you as saying some children are evil - chill
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 17-10-2017, 12:32 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,156
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
I wasn't referring to you as saying some children are evil - chill

My apologies then, but by calling it a weird thread I thought your whole comment was directed towards me. Next time quoting those who you wish to address personally would avoid misunderstandings like this (just saying).
__________________
The dawn will never rise again for my eyes
And I will never sleep again
I've lost my hope time after time
Cause the light has vanished from the sky
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 17-10-2017, 12:49 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,156
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
Check this out:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1028162928.htm

Monkeys who have never ever even seen a snake are terrified of snakes. How do you explain that?

In this case, there is a very natural explanation. And that's what I mean by "we just don't know". Life is far too complex to be able to isolate every vector for every thought and feeling - but we are able to isolate enough of them to know that for sure.


.

You are probably right. It just feels strange in my case, but whatever lol.
__________________
The dawn will never rise again for my eyes
And I will never sleep again
I've lost my hope time after time
Cause the light has vanished from the sky
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 17-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Joanna_ph Joanna_ph is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 43
 
A child is innocent because it can't understand what is the right thing to do. Many kids like fighting and that's because they have a lot of energy and they don't really know how to express it. I agree with the fact that not every child is innocent but they have one more excuse than adults do. They can't be aware of what their actions cause. They do it because they want to and thats something very normal because they are too young to think about how other people will feel about these actions.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 17-10-2017, 04:20 PM
shivatar shivatar is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Olympia, Washington
Posts: 1,449
  shivatar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
It had nothing to do with my parents... The only explanation I have for myself is that I must've been a damned nazi or something like that in a past life and brought some of my former traits into this current life. I generally don't really believe in reincarnation but in this case it makes the most sense.

What makes you think it had nothing to do with your parents?
----
I normally don't like to deny people, especially without knowing their situation, but I can assure you that your development was HEAVILY influenced by your parents. It is for everyone, and you are part of everyone right? lol. Even if you didn't have parents, only guardians, that is still an influence. It's impossible to grow without being heavily influenced by our parents/guardians or lack thereof.
----
I'm not gonna say this is how it happened for you. but for me I was blinded to my parents flaws for a long time because they refused to admit they ever made a mistake in raising me. The blame was always put on me. They would say they didn't like to discipline me and it was me who acted out and made them do it. they claimed it was always discipline. Ok. thats your side of the story I think to myself. I know how I felt and I felt abused. I was in pain and growing up I acted out a lot. My parents disciplined me because they thought I was mean or evil or bad, they refused to see that something was wrong with me. It was always "discipline because you are bad" and never "attention because you are crying out for help".

In my heart I knew I was acting out for a reason, but my childhood memories of abuse were repressed until I was about 15, so from 5-15 I just got disciplined as heck without knowing what was going on. My parents didn't know about the abuse so they thought I just needed discipline. I knew about the abuse sub-consciously so I felt abused when they disciplined me for acting out. I knew acting out was about getting attention to my pain, my parents thought it was some kind of game and refused to give me the attention, they just did discipline.

Over time I began to wither and the evil really took over. I've had my thoughts about being evil in a past life, thinking I was Alistair Crowley reincarnated. blah blah. they are just doubtful thoughts, nothing more.
---
One last thing. There is so much knowledge in psychology that can help us to understand why we act the way we do. I believe many people think it's reincarnation because they've given up trying to figure out the real reason. They could find the real reason, but that would hurt so much, or they can believe it's reincarnation and kind of say "well, thats the past, Im here now and I can make different choices so Im kind of OK, no need to look into why anymore".

maybe that is you too, maybe not. just offering what I've learned in an attempt to help grow your understanding.
__________________
Honest
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 17-10-2017, 06:55 PM
lemex lemex is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,910
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna_ph
A child is innocent because it can't understand what is the right thing to do. Many kids like fighting and that's because they have a lot of energy and they don't really know how to express it. I agree with the fact that not every child is innocent but they have one more excuse than adults do. They can't be aware of what their actions cause. They do it because they want to and thats something very normal because they are too young to think about how other people will feel about these actions.

Simple and true fact imo to. The young is like a new mind so is there more ----->

Here is a question, is the child suppose to know?

Is there a connection of something not the child itself?

The person is not born immutable. Is age more important or input?

Can the adult not know as much as the child?

If the adult does not know are they innocent?

Somewhere between the linear line of time of child and adult do we talk to them or wait?

So many questions now with the above knowledge imo.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums