Shavasana (Corpse pose):
This is first part of focal center-point pranayam Meditation.
Benefits of the Corpse Pose - Savasana
This posture brings a deep, meditative state of rest, which may help in the repair of tissues and cells, and in releasing stress. It also gives time for the yoga workout to sink in at a deeper level.
This posture leaves you in a state of rejuvenation. It is the perfect way to end a yoga session, particularly if it has been a fast-paced one.
It helps reduce blood pressure, anxiety, and insomnia.
This is an excellent way to ground the body and reduce the Vata dosha(imbalance of the air element) in the body.
(Benefits taken from “Art of Living”)
How to do?
1) Lay down straight on your back on carpet with no cushion.
2) The distance between both legs heels be 1 feet.
3) Your forehand be upside and distance between wrist & hip be 1 feet.
4) Your eyes closed gently and locked on one dot in closed eyelids. Ignore every visuals come in closed eyes and concentrate only on dot.
5) Now relax your mind.
6) Relax your all body parts one by one toe to top (Top of the head). First relax toes, then heel, ankles, feet, knee…. Up to head one by one.
7) Now imagine a wall of energy moving through your body from toe to head and beyond, very slowly and your stress points plucked and thrown off away like nails. Do this 3 times.
8) Now regulate your breathe short, serene & pause less. Try it for 3-4 minutes. This short, serene and pauseless breathe is important to avoid much movement in chest due to breathing.
9) Now try your mind be thoughtless. Try for 2-3 minutes.
10) Your meditation start now your whole focus, concentration and attention on dot while your breathe slow and serene while mind is in thoughtless position.
11) After 20-25 minutes you may end your meditation and open eyes gently. Move toes, legs, hands and then trunk and sit back.