Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-10-2017, 02:18 PM
WeRDivine WeRDivine is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 15
 
What's a good way to keep entertained?

Is watching football and playing world of Warcraft ok?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2017, 03:22 PM
Lorelyen Lorelyen is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 5,826
 
What do you want from "being spiritual"?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Snow Goose Snow Goose is offline
Guide
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 507
 
Do you enjoy these things? Then go for it, why destroy your hobbies?

Some will say do not participate but it's your life, I choose not to watch mainstream tv, listen to news or read newspapers but thats because it's so boring nowadays for me personally. If your hobbies still fill your life with joy, I see no harm, just take a step back and see these things for what they really are, it can be easy to get sucked into herd mentality.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2017, 04:16 PM
WeRDivine WeRDivine is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 15
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
What do you want from "being spiritual"?

What is being spiritual? I just don't want to live a boring life.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-2017, 04:20 PM
WeRDivine WeRDivine is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 15
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Do you enjoy these things? Then go for it, why destroy your hobbies?

Some will say do not participate but it's your life, I choose not to watch mainstream tv, listen to news or read newspapers but thats because it's so boring nowadays for me personally. If your hobbies still fill your life with joy, I see no harm, just take a step back and see these things for what they really are, it can be easy to get sucked into herd mentality.

I don't see any harm in watching football or playing video games. I only use the tv to watch sports. Negative stuff like news I don't watch.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2017, 05:10 PM
lemex lemex is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,895
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRDivine
Is watching football and playing world of Warcraft ok?
It's ok to just have fun but I'm sure if you tried to apply some spiritual principle in the game, you'd lose. It is different to be sure.... VR is the next challenge for sure. How come there aren't any spiritual games btw.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-10-2017, 07:36 PM
WeRDivine WeRDivine is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 15
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
It's ok to just have fun but I'm sure if you tried to apply some spiritual principle in the game, you'd lose. It is different to be sure.... VR is the next challenge for sure. How come there aren't any spiritual games btw.

I tried the HTC VR headset. It was heavy and little uncomfortable.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-10-2017, 09:46 PM
Lorelyen Lorelyen is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 5,826
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRDivine
What is being spiritual? I just don't want to live a boring life.

Beg pardon? And you watch football and play video games? Well.....if you find them exciting stick with them.

So...I'll rephrase my question. - What do you want from a Spiritual Forum?

If you want a more exciting life you're rather limiting your scope for discovery at the moment.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-10-2017, 10:03 PM
naturesflow naturesflow is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: In my cocoon.
Posts: 6,114
  naturesflow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRDivine
Is watching football and playing world of Warcraft ok?


Asking in a spiritual forum how to be entertained?

Life is for living in everyway. So what rocks your boat is your choice and your interest as you need.

Why are you asking permission to enjoy what you want to enjoy?

Do you see that living your life as a human being cannot be spiritual and be entertained by normal stuff like you mentioned?

How boring this life would be if we didn't have creative outlets..
__________________
A divinely brilliant life has no regret when DEATH comes along.
And you say," Yes, I'm well prepared ! "
Kazeronnie Mak
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-10-2017, 10:04 PM
WeRDivine WeRDivine is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 15
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Beg pardon? And you watch football and play video games? Well.....if you find them exciting stick with them.

So...I'll rephrase my question. - What do you want from a Spiritual Forum?

If you want a more exciting life you're rather limiting your scope for discovery at the moment.

Just looking for answers. I watch football and play video games on spare time.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums