Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-10-2017, 11:27 AM
weareunity weareunity is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 86
 
Hello Kioma. thanks for offering your thoughts and opinions.

I think more along the lines that compassion is the consequence of an awareness rather than an awareness as such, and that the nature of that awareness is dynamic, not simply understanding but seeking to alleviate, help. Were that not the case it seems to me that compassion becomes--or runs the risk of becoming-- dispassion, a passive understanding rather than a dynamic involvement.--imo.

Good wishes. petex
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-10-2017, 01:57 PM
Kioma Kioma is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 396
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello Kioma. thanks for offering your thoughts and opinions.

I think more along the lines that compassion is the consequence of an awareness rather than an awareness as such, and that the nature of that awareness is dynamic, not simply understanding but seeking to alleviate, help. Were that not the case it seems to me that compassion becomes--or runs the risk of becoming-- dispassion, a passive understanding rather than a dynamic involvement.--imo.

Good wishes. petex
So compassion can be a noun and a verb?

I like that. I like that a lot.


.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-10-2017, 03:55 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5,935
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
I do not have any compassion because I'm totally emotionally desensitised to the whole concept of it. This also pretty much reflects the way the world is as a whole.

My family knows better than to re-hash news stories, even though they still try and elicit some kind of emotional response from me.

"Oh wow, this crazy dude just killed 59 people in Las Vegas...ISIS is claiming responsibility...isn't that terrible?...it's awful!...poor people!...etc"

I'm like "yawn...again?...who cares?...give a crazy dude a gun and yeah, he's gonna shoot people...and ISIS will claim anything that suits their warped publicity agenda...what I don't get is how he managed to stockpile 29 rifles in one location without even being noticed..."

So that's me and my 'compassion' I just go "their karma, not mine...not my circus, not my monkeys...yada..."
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-10-2017, 05:42 PM
naturesflow naturesflow is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: In my cocoon.
Posts: 6,110
  naturesflow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I do not have any compassion because I'm totally emotionally desensitised to the whole concept of it. This also pretty much reflects the way the world is as a whole.

My family knows better than to re-hash news stories, even though they still try and elicit some kind of emotional response from me.

"Oh wow, this crazy dude just killed 59 people in Las Vegas...ISIS is claiming responsibility...isn't that terrible?...it's awful!...poor people!...etc"

I'm like "yawn...again?...who cares?...give a crazy dude a gun and yeah, he's gonna shoot people...and ISIS will claim anything that suits their warped publicity agenda...what I don't get is how he managed to stockpile 29 rifles in one location without even being noticed..."

So that's me and my 'compassion' I just go "their karma, not mine...not my circus, not my monkeys...yada..."
It is one way to manage the actual dude himself. Your using a rather logical means and belief to see it. That can work.

If you were to, or had to sit face to face with one of the victim's family who has lost their son or daughter, in deep despair and grief, perhaps your logical mind might listen deeper for them in that moment and be more compassionate, so you might see yourself more open to something more.. I know whoever you are as you are will be as it needs, but it was just thought that arose reading your response..
__________________
A divinely brilliant life has no regret when DEATH comes along.
And you say," Yes, I'm well prepared ! "
Kazeronnie Mak
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-10-2017, 11:24 PM
winter light winter light is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 56
 
I think compassion is a natural state when we are present and not lost in our issues. As others have said there are some situations it is easier to be compassionate than others. These are my thoughts and process how I try to practice compassion for any situation.

My primary line of defense against my own lack of compassion is to assume that others are basically pure beings but are crazy because they are lost in their own issues. That seems to be the norm here on earth for whatever reason. And crazy is a way that I can defer judgement. Because if I considered people to be sane I would become angry due to my assumption that they are in control and should not be what they appear to be.

By deferring judgement I am likely to come to my senses and regain my sanity. I have three steps I seem to take whenever I need to listen to others and be present:

Slow down
Pay attention
Observe my reactions

Slowing down I get into a more open place where I may be present.

By paying attention I can be open to insights about what is really going on. I can see beyond appearances.

By observing my reactions I can be aware of and feel my feelings.

If what I am seeing or feeling upsets me I assume that I am just looking at a projection of my own issues. And realize I am blind and not present. So I need to slow down and pay attention again to see if I can return to sanity. In really challenging situations I may need to remove myself from the situation until I can get clear. Either physically or emotionally. This may take days or longer. Sometimes it takes forever. I can only wait.

The goal is to return to the natural state of compassion. From that place I can witness reality and be truly present with another. Becoming a witness to the suffering of another while fully present causes an invisible communication between souls that heals the root cause of all suffering, the feeling of separateness and being alone.

Whenever possible I do those steps before taking any action. Because otherwise I am likely to react to the projection of my own issues. And more often than not that makes things worse for everyone. So I try to slow down, pay attention, observe my reactions, and then act. But even then I can only hope for the best, do my best, and then try to accept whatever happens. Sometimes it does not work out and I have to accept that. If I cannot have some compassion for myself then that limits what I am able to share with others. I must be whole within myself if I am to be fully present with others.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-10-2017, 03:01 AM
weareunity weareunity is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 86
 
Hello Shivani Devi, hello winter light.
Thank you both for offering the opportunity to see through your eyes by the sharing of your private and personal experience regarding this subject. An opportunity of great value Imo and greatly valued. petex
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-10-2017, 03:57 AM
running running is online now
Master
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: in my truck. anywhere usa
Posts: 4,183
  running's Avatar
compassion in my view is not something understood from the mind. it is in it thinks it knows whats best. compassion from the heart is much subtler. it isnt from doing. it pours out from the power of the divine through us. giving without a need of recognition or reason. it is boundless in nature, and effortless.
__________________
https://youtu.be/8ecE1UML1q8
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-10-2017, 11:53 AM
naturesflow naturesflow is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: In my cocoon.
Posts: 6,110
  naturesflow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
compassion in my view is not something understood from the mind. it is in it thinks it knows whats best. compassion from the heart is much subtler. it isnt from doing. it pours out from the power of the divine through us. giving without a need of recognition or reason. it is boundless in nature, and effortless.


I would agree, for me its often a point or end result when I have let go deeper to allow it to arise of itself effortlessly. If your open to go that deep within of course it arises in this way more effortlessly and coming more from your own true essence.
__________________
A divinely brilliant life has no regret when DEATH comes along.
And you say," Yes, I'm well prepared ! "
Kazeronnie Mak
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-10-2017, 01:22 PM
running running is online now
Master
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: in my truck. anywhere usa
Posts: 4,183
  running's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I would agree, for me its often a point or end result when I have let go deeper to allow it to arise of itself effortlessly. If your open to go that deep within of course it arises in this way more effortlessly and coming more from your own true essence.

thanx for sharing!
__________________
https://youtu.be/8ecE1UML1q8
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-10-2017, 02:27 PM
Bindu* Bindu* is offline
Knower
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 124
  Bindu*'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
compassion in my view is not something understood from the mind. it is in it thinks it knows whats best. compassion from the heart is much subtler. it isnt from doing. it pours out from the power of the divine through us. giving without a need of recognition or reason. it is boundless in nature, and effortless.

Very nice said Running.

I notice my ego is constantly blocking true effortless compassion.

I think compassion is part of our true nature, as parts of the divine.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums