Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 27-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Guide
Why the hate on black obsidian?

I hear it's an extremly powerful crystal, but many people talk like it's evil or negative or even dangerous. Does it just need to be handled with caution?
Old 30-09-2017, 03:07 PM
Experiencer
Not 100 % sure, but my wife feels uneasy when handling it. She loves most crystals but this one almost makes her feel sick.
Old 30-09-2017, 03:17 PM
Deactivated Account

Really? First time I heard that. I love black obsidian! I feel empowered to lay them near me. I personally never felt powerful energy from it, it comes off to me as a grounding earthly energy, like its a part of me. Probably because I am earth elemental Capricorn, Capricorn which I think the stone is categorized with have Saturn as ruler ( an energy that can feel heavy to outsiders). I think it's a good stone to have to absorb (remove) negative energy, not even external energy but the internal energy that causes people to destabilize in the first place. I read you constantly have to keep them cleaned though..
Old 01-10-2017, 12:14 AM
Ascender
I adore black obsidian- now in the beginning I didn't like it! If you have things to bring up and deal with it will make you do that, so in the beginning i disliked it because I slept with it and it repeatedly gave me nightmares, so I can see why people think it's evil, I sure didn't appreciate waking in a mad panic each night until I hid it away... but once I had cleared out some old issues etc I saw it in a new light- I wear rainbow obsidian every day but black is my favourite as it has the extra omph! It needs respect and you need to be ready to face what you have been hiding deep down... but it is such a wonderful positive crystal!! But as the wonderful clover mentioned cleanse it regularly!!
Old 01-10-2017, 10:51 PM
Experiencer
Black Obsidian is one of the crystals that are so fast in being effective. I don't think there is 'hate' about it, and I think I understand what you mean.

There is a problem here, and please keep reading as I take a long way to explain until my point hits.

For example, let's say you are in a very bad moment of your life, no energy, no mood, no money...apathy.... Now, you are using black obsidian. what happens is that you will see some of the negativity and perception of what's going on, being 'reduced'. However, black obsidian, you cannot hide anything from it, it will show you the exact cause/effect up to the root of your problems. it does work with your shadow side, and in my opinion is your duty to understand to learn how to do that; nuumite stone is also related to shadow side, but let's get back to my point. You will realize/see/think about your actions, the root of your problems, your shadow self (or how some people may say, the real you, but the real is ying-yang, not just what is 'bad'). AND because you are starting to realize all these things, and you see what you could have done, and what you NEED to do... it goes a bit in a conflict when you do not have will, feel down, no money....and this can send you in feelings of regrets which may be amplified by the black obsidian. it takes a lot of energy to stand up and fix what you need.

But there is more to this, than just what I said. I am pretty sure there are things I may not even be aware of. I agree, there is something a bit 'spooky' about it. Some time ago... while I was doing an experiment* created by Albert H. (no more details here)., I was checking my crystals and I was able to see their energies like no other book can ever explain, simply put, words would make no justice to describe my experience. With that being said, when I reached to my black obsidian, it was not like any other crystal, where I could gently analyze their energies and such. No, the black obsidian, my focus went straight in, it felt like in those movies where the sound reduces with 90% and you zoom in slowly.... Is hard to describe it, but as I was looking in its reflection, a shadow quickly came from the ceiling, with the speed of a 'thunder' so to speak, and went straight in my obsidian sphere... I quite of freaked out but not really, I quickly stood up and put my panic on pause, and went to another room where a friend of mine was laying on the couch...This was during the night too.. glad I wasn't alone. I turned on all the lights in the house while saying "nope nope :) ok, move on now, what's in the fridge~". Gave the sphere to him to check it out. No idea what happened... but I did had an encounter with an entity 3 years ago, and it was definitely not like this! As 3 years ago that moment was one of the most beautiful moment in my life and I will remember it until I will die and after that hopefully =)
Old 01-10-2017, 10:53 PM
Seeker
I think part of the issue may be that obsidian forces you to deal with stuff you may not want to. U;timately making people uncomfortable, therefore putting some folks off.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:58 PM
Administrator
Hello

We often are not ready to have what we fear facing the most bubbling to the surface and that is what this stone does so well. If we feel it cause us to "turtle in" as I like to put it then we have to listen and know that we have to be made ready to open to issues. It is a good stone for taking care of the negative energies, here again we have to maybe first realize there is something negative around us. At times we do not know that until its activated but then we have to be ready to face it head on. We often just want to let things be and not face issues. If we just pull our head in like a turtle does it head to shell we never grow past fear.

We have to be ready to see our true self and if we do not like what we see be ready to make the changes to move forwards. We do not often like to do this. So this stone often gets a bad wrap and is put on the black list (no pun intended).

BLACK OBSIDIAN: is a powerful, creative stone that grounds the soul and spiritual forces into the physical plane. It promotes self-control and forces facing up to one's true self, taking you deep into the subconscious mind. This stone brings imbalances and shadow qualities to the surface for release.

Lynn
Old 03-10-2017, 08:01 AM
Experiencer
So I guess what you are saying is...my wife feels sick around it because she has issues. Stuff she doesn't want to deal with and hides it deep down.

Somehow, I think she might take objection to that a little.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
So I guess what you are saying is...my wife feels sick around it because she has issues. Stuff she doesn't want to deal with and hides it deep down.

Somehow, I think she might take objection to that a little.

There's several different types of Obsidian. You just need to find one that works :)

~ just learned of a new one today called Fireworks Obsidian.

Old 03-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Master

Martinet
That is a pretty one and I have not come across this variety before.
I like Black obsidian and find it both revealing and grounding. I am comfortable with it now. I love Gold-sheen obsidian. I find red obsidian very grounding and stress soothing.