Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 26-09-2017, 01:21 PM
A human Being A human Being is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 2,208
  A human Being's Avatar
Born with only one kidney

When I was fourteen my appendix burst, and when I had an ultrasound scan to survey the damage they discovered that I only had the one kidney This seems very unusual, is it actually more common than I think it is? And what would cause such an abnormality? Did some feckless swine harvest m'vital organ in a past life?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 26-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Faith33 Faith33 is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,957
  Faith33's Avatar
Haha, AHB!
An uncle of mine was born with one kidney and found out in his 70's!
He is now 83 and still going strong... proof that one kidney can sometimes work the job of two:)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26-09-2017, 08:04 PM
A human Being A human Being is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 2,208
  A human Being's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith33
Haha, AHB!
An uncle of mine was born with one kidney and found out in his 70's!
He is now 83 and still going strong... proof that one kidney can sometimes work the job of two:)
Blimey Good for him though, glad to hear he's still going strong :)

I googled it, it's actually got a name - 'kidney agenesis' (dang, and I thought I might be able to get a condition named after me - I'll make it into the medical journal yet!). Yeah, you can live a perfectly normal and long life with the condition, just means you don't have an insurance policy I guess (and heck, what are family for if not for organ donations ).

Always nice to see you, Faith, I hope everything's well with you
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27-09-2017, 07:51 AM
Faith33 Faith33 is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,957
  Faith33's Avatar
Haha, yes! What are family members for, right?! Have you had them tested for compatibility yet?
May you never have a medical condition named after you... good health is precious and I wish it upon you always.

Good to see you too, AHB!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27-09-2017, 12:27 PM
A human Being A human Being is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 2,208
  A human Being's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith33
Haha, yes! What are family members for, right?! Have you had them tested for compatibility yet?
May you never have a medical condition named after you... good health is precious and I wish it upon you always.

Good to see you too, AHB!
Not yet, but I've put it on my to-do list - thanks for the pointer And you're right, of course, good health is precious indeed and I wish it upon you always, too
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 28-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Dude Dude is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: U.K.
Posts: 762
  Dude's Avatar
Yup defo had organs harvested there AWhB lol ;)

We don't actually need two- I wonder why we was given back up for that organ and not the rest though- I mean surely something more useful could have been doubled up!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 28-09-2017, 12:42 PM
A human Being A human Being is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 2,208
  A human Being's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Yup defo had organs harvested there AWhB lol ;)

We don't actually need two- I wonder why we was given back up for that organ and not the rest though- I mean surely something more useful could have been doubled up!
Hey D, nice to see you!

I bloody knew it - ooh when I find out who did it, I'll relieve them of a lung and see how they like it! And yeah that's a really good question, something that's never occurred to me before - I've lobbied the Big Guy for a second pancreas, not sure why exactly just thinking it might come in useful down the line...

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30-09-2017, 11:58 PM
Dude Dude is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: U.K.
Posts: 762
  Dude's Avatar
You too :) although now I'm thinking pft only half the men you once was haha

Er.... dude "I have lobbied the big guy for a second pancreas" sounds so wrong (insert shocked face) haha but yeah it's a strange one ay!

So are you worried about just having the one? This day and age you really have nothing to worry about, they can replace all sorts these days, your replacement kidney is probably being grown as we speak! (Insert picture of a mouse with a kidney on his back haha)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-10-2017, 01:08 PM
A human Being A human Being is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 2,208
  A human Being's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
You too :) although now I'm thinking pft only half the men you once was haha

Er.... dude "I have lobbied the big guy for a second pancreas" sounds so wrong (insert shocked face) haha but yeah it's a strange one ay!

So are you worried about just having the one? This day and age you really have nothing to worry about, they can replace all sorts these days, your replacement kidney is probably being grown as we speak! (Insert picture of a mouse with a kidney on his back haha)
Ouch, kidney blow! You monster! Um, I'm afraid you'll have to explain what's wrong with that line, it's going over my head

As for whether I'm worried - actually no, I'm uncharacteristically blasť about it but now I'm wondering if I should be worried You're right, though, I'm sure my mouse-kidney's being grown in a lab somewhere as we speak and I take pretty good care of myself, too, so I'm not too concerned :)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Dude Dude is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: U.K.
Posts: 762
  Dude's Avatar
Nothing to worry about at all dude :) if there was, why would so many people dish them out? It’s interesting you was born without one though. Your defo right to not be worried :)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums