Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 26-09-2017, 02:01 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is online now
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,074
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Something may be happening anytime soon, but nobody knows the day or hour. And whatever the hell it is that's going to happen, let us pray that it ain't too bad.
__________________
The dawn will never rise again for my eyes
And I will never sleep again
I've lost my hope time after time
Cause the light has vanished from the sky
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 26-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Gem Gem is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 16,624
  Gem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelis
I don't mean to spread fear, rumors, or anything negative. Though that's something people might feel when reading this, and I apologize for either way. I just want to know something that people might be able to answer on this forum, hopefully, to reaffirm my hopes

Been hearing for a while, a few months back to be more specific, that the world is "ending" on this Saturday, September 23. Something about the text from the bible about the church being spared and or how 1/3 of the population is being eradicated in the aftermath. Is this a bunch of baloney just like the 2012 thing? Or is something about to happen? Would like to have some relevant response to this quickly

Thanks

Phew, we made it.
__________________
.
Check out my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 27-09-2017, 03:09 AM
AHIYAH AHIYAH is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 901
  AHIYAH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
As you say, the law means more than just the 10 commandments. We are all born with an innate sense of right and wrong so even those who have never heard of the Bible are without excuse when they sin. Some have more knowledge of the law than others, but all of us have failed to live up completely to what we know is right and so we will all be condemned by God if we depend on what we have done for salvation. Paul shows this in the first two chapters of Romans and in the first 20 verses of chapter three. Then, beginning in Romans 3:21 he shows that justification is possible only through faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus lived without sin and so he is qualified to atone for our sins by his death. The fact that he is God as well as man means that he can atone for the sins of the entire human race. The only way anyone can be saved is by repenting of his sins and placing his faith in Christ. If you want more information about this I suggest you click on this link: https://carm.org/answers-for-seekers
So was it the 'Thou shalt not lie commandment you were having trouble with?' Or the 'Thou shall honour thy mother and father?' Or was it one of the others that you can't completely keep?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 27-09-2017, 04:08 AM
Jeremy Bong Jeremy Bong is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 3,976
  Jeremy Bong's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
So was it the 'Thou shalt not lie commandment you were having trouble with?' Or the 'Thou shall honour thy mother and father?' Or was it one of the others that you can't completely keep?


You should know the essence of the ten commandment otherwise you've to read them one by one and don't know whether you've committed crimes or not. It means you can do it but you don't commit any crime in front of the judgement of God or the commandment.

That's you're compelled by others and you're not willing but you do it. Or you do it for the sack of people or to save humanity. Or it's out of your control.

It's the same as you do things at your best conscience. They give you reason not to or to do it. But you don't know why you do it.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 27-09-2017, 05:55 AM
AHIYAH AHIYAH is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 901
  AHIYAH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
You should know the essence of the ten commandment otherwise you've to read them one by one and don't know whether you've committed crimes or not. It means you can do it but you don't commit any crime in front of the judgement of God or the commandment.

That's you're compelled by others and you're not willing but you do it. Or you do it for the sack of people or to save humanity. Or it's out of your control.

It's the same as you do things at your best conscience. They give you reason not to or to do it. But you don't know why you do it.
Oh I've committed crimes in the past enough to go to prison but that's a story of the past. So when an exprisoner goes to church to find out that they say there is no law or it was abolished it makes one wonder. Even so the bible says that where there is no law there is no sin and then all I hear from Christians is talk about sin. Strange don't you think? I'm beginning to notice something about you, when you use the 'I' statements its usually boosting yourself but usually when you use 'you' statements its in a judgemental sense and I can say this, you are not judge over me.
In the case of my response to theophilus I am only querying on something he said so I offered to help. I might just reach for that ignore button again.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 27-09-2017, 06:04 AM
Jeremy Bong Jeremy Bong is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 3,976
  Jeremy Bong's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
Oh I've committed crimes in the past enough to go to prison but that's a story of the past. So when an exprisoner goes to church to find out that they say there is no law or it was abolished it makes one wonder. Even so the bible says that where there is no law there is no sin and then all I hear from Christians is talk about sin. Strange don't you think? I'm beginning to notice something about you, when you use the 'I' statements its usually boosting yourself but usually when you use 'you' statements its in a judgemental sense and I can say this, you are not judge over me.
In the case of my response to theophilus I am only querying on something he said so I offered to help. I might just reach for that ignore button again.

You're on your own but when you're here, you're not alone, anyone can help any other to answer your post, just be noted. As you wish , I won't interfere your conversation.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 27-09-2017, 06:43 AM
Busby Busby is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 458
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Jesus said that no one knows the day or hour he will return or the world will end. However, I will make a prediction about the future. I predict that beginning on September 24 atheists will use this prediction as evidence that the Bible isn't true.

Athiests don't need such a squalid reason for not believing that the Bible is true. What they do know (I'm not an athiest myself) is that 2000+ years have gone by and there have been a lot of disappointed people as the promised Armageddon has not yet taken place (at least not the 'next' one).

But if the world did end - so what. Those Christians who have upheld the ten commandments will go to heaven and be in peace and the rest, the infidels, will either be dead dead or in hell.

If there are some who just vanish, going neither to heaven nor to hell then they will be in that condition they were in before being born and so won't know anything about anything.

If the world does come to an end through man-made actions then we only have ourselves to blame as it is we who choose such pig-headed, egoistic, patriotic maniacs of politicians to lead us into a 'visionary future'. There are quite a number of these maladjusted individuals at the moment, it's a pity thoughts can't kill.

Observing the world go by is the real proof of Karma - we do indeed harvest that which we sow.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 27-09-2017, 03:47 PM
theophilus theophilus is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,233
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Athiests don't need such a squalid reason for not believing that the Bible is true. What they do know (I'm not an athiest myself) is that 2000+ years have gone by and there have been a lot of disappointed people as the promised Armageddon has not yet taken place (at least not the 'next' one).
Someone once said you should live each day as if it were your last because someday you will be right. We should live each day as if Christ will return that day because someday we will be right.

Quote:
But if the world did end - so what. Those Christians who have upheld the ten commandments will go to heaven and be in peace and the rest, the infidels, will either be dead dead or in hell.
No one, including Christians, has upheld the ten commandments. We have all sinned and deserve to be condemned to Hell. Jesus died to atone for our sins so that we can be forgiven. Only those who have repented and put their faith in Jesus will go to Heaven.

Quote:
If there are some who just vanish, going neither to heaven nor to hell then they will be in that condition they were in before being born and so won't know anything about anything.
Someday all of the Christians, living and dead, will vanish. They will be taken to Heaven. After this a ruler known as the Beast will become ruler and try to lead the whole world into rebellion against God. Many will follow him but many others will choose to follow God and be saved. The book of Revelation describes what will happen during this time.

Quote:
If the world does come to an end through man-made actions then we only have ourselves to blame as it is we who choose such pig-headed, egoistic, patriotic maniacs of politicians to lead us into a 'visionary future'. There are quite a number of these maladjusted individuals at the moment, it's a pity thoughts can't kill.

If the world is allowed to go on much long I have no doubt that we will destroy ourselves. This destruction will only be prevented by God's intervention. Jesus said, "If the Lord had not cut short the days, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days."

Quote:
Observing the world go by is the real proof of Karma - we do indeed harvest that which we sow.
I don't see anything like this at all. I see that in this world some evil people prosper while many innocent people spend their entire lives suffering.
__________________
The brutal, soul-shaking truth is that we are so earthly minded we are of no heavenly use.
Leonard Ravenhill
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 28-09-2017, 12:41 AM
AHIYAH AHIYAH is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Aotearoa
Posts: 901
  AHIYAH's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Someone once said you should live each day as if it were your last because someday you will be right. We should live each day as if Christ will return that day because someday we will be right.


No one, including Christians, has upheld the ten commandments. We have all sinned and deserve to be condemned to Hell. Jesus died to atone for our sins so that we can be forgiven. Only those who have repented and put their faith in Jesus will go to Heaven.


Someday all of the Christians, living and dead, will vanish. They will be taken to Heaven. After this a ruler known as the Beast will become ruler and try to lead the whole world into rebellion against God. Many will follow him but many others will choose to follow God and be saved. The book of Revelation describes what will happen during this time.


If the world is allowed to go on much long I have no doubt that we will destroy ourselves. This destruction will only be prevented by God's intervention. Jesus said, "If the Lord had not cut short the days, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days."


I don't see anything like this at all. I see that in this world some evil people prosper while many innocent people spend their entire lives suffering.
Since you haven't answered which of the commandments you find hard to keep I will show you a scenario.
Oh I lied today so I best repent because the bibles tells us that we must repent, now that I've repented I hope and pray that my faith is strong enough that I will not go and commit an intentional sin like lying. Lets just say a snake dressed up in wolves clothing with the attire of the Lamb convinced me to lie but I didn't know it was a lie until much later unlike the commandment where Adam and Eve broke because they knew it was forbidden, because as we know that beast is the one that sent a strong delusion so people would believe the lie, and while men slept I might add. So that is a lot easier to be forgiven but do we go on lying? So since the bibles in the so called New Testament says that sin is the transgression of the law we must ask "what law".
Part two is this since the biblical commandment of the weekly sabbath is what we are to uphold with our faith according to Paul is what we must do, because according to 1John 5:3 it says its not grievous(doing a word study on that word might help) do you think someone that climbs up another way different to Yeshua(Torah observant Jew) would have a different Sabbath than the one he kept? I mean if it is too grievous to uphold the biblical Sabbath why is it not grievous to uphold an unbiblical Sabbath for those that say they are followers of Jesus unless the Jesus they speak of is a false messiah.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 28-09-2017, 07:04 AM
Busby Busby is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 458
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
Someone once said you should live each day as if it were your last because someday you will be right. We should live each day as if Christ will return that day because someday we will be right.


No one, including Christians, has upheld the ten commandments. We have all sinned and deserve to be condemned to Hell. Jesus died to atone for our sins so that we can be forgiven. Only those who have repented and put their faith in Jesus will go to Heaven.


Someday all of the Christians, living and dead, will vanish. They will be taken to Heaven. After this a ruler known as the Beast will become ruler and try to lead the whole world into rebellion against God. Many will follow him but many others will choose to follow God and be saved. The book of Revelation describes what will happen during this time.


If the world is allowed to go on much long I have no doubt that we will destroy ourselves. This destruction will only be prevented by God's intervention. Jesus said, "If the Lord had not cut short the days, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days."


I don't see anything like this at all. I see that in this world some evil people prosper while many innocent people spend their entire lives suffering.

Naturally there are those who willingly and objectively accept the sayings and 'teachings' of the Bible. This form of understanding leaves me cold, I cannot for the life of me see why we would want to have any truck with such a God.
In my book most of the people I have met and know, are what, for want of a better word, we would call 'good'. Killing them all off, making them suffer for some 'sin' (whatever that may be) is perverse.
We all know the story of Noah, the man from whom we today all stem, the planet was flooded to a depth of 8000+ metres and everything except two of each kind perished. What a way to run a world.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums