Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 21-09-2017, 08:33 AM
Lorelyen Lorelyen is online now
Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 5,809
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Ho
..........
Its simply nonsensical.
...................
I also love the advice here to ask her the individual herself what it is she meant, if you really are that interested in what she meant.
Blessings.

Quite. Peculiar that realizefun didn't take it up straight away.
If some bloke said "Keep your vibrations (at whatever frequency)"
I'd say "What do you mean - in plain English, please?"

The KISS principle.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 21-09-2017, 04:56 PM
lemex lemex is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,892
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
Why don't you ask that someone what she meant? You could also explain her what you want.

Agrees I was just going to go this route. They must have told you what they were seeing. Don't ever be afraid to ask anything is what I was thinking.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 21-09-2017, 05:10 PM
lemex lemex is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,892
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by realizefun
Hey,

Someone in my environment told me to keep my frequency low. Even though I disagree anyway because I want to higher my frequency regardless of information and opinions,

Thank you in advance.

This caught my eye. It might be wroth while to go back and reexamine the conversation because the opinion is what your focus is on. Sometimes our cup is full and must be emptied for new information. I am very interested to know why and so can't make a judgement until then. You can't force higher vibration for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 21-09-2017, 10:18 PM
Tobi Tobi is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,978
  Tobi's Avatar
There is an awful lot of newagey jargon goes on with this "frequency/vibration" thing. Half of the time people do NOT truly understand what it means, and the rest of the time, there is one-upmanship concerning "vibrational rates". Like a status-game?

Oh dear....

The way I look at it, yes it is better to have a more positive outlook on many things. But sitting in the lotus position on Puerto Rico and raising vibrations while hurricane Maria is raging isn't going to be very helpful. (Some may disagree with me. That's okay. I have not learned to avert hurricanes yet with my own personal spiritual vibrations.)
Yet shifting rocks and searching for trapped people while being vaguely aware of Love in our hearts....well to me that's high vibrational enough.

Sometimes we have to face squarely what is happening and that might involve us in responses which are not necessarily deemed "high vibrational". We also might have to process emotions, and not all of those are high-vibrational either. Yet if we skim on by them with a beatific smile on our faces, it doesn't deal with them, in a sleeves-rolled-up kind of way.

But if we go through life with something valuable in our hearts which we always use as a touchstone and a measure for our work and desires, and responses etc. Then that is a good "vibration" to hold generally. Kindness, consideration, courage, strength of character, understanding, compassion, comfort, Love, humour (which can often help the morale of others around)....and many other qualities....they are all in a sense "high vibrational".

Those things are just things we can choose to do in everyday life. That's what frequency is really all about. And it's NOT about being some rainbow-aura'd being, with some vague idea of being more "spiritual" than somebody else. It is about being a true HUMAN being.
__________________
A Dog's Life After Death
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 22-09-2017, 06:29 AM
realizefun realizefun is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 10
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
There is an awful lot of newagey jargon goes on with this "frequency/vibration" thing. Half of the time people do NOT truly understand what it means, and the rest of the time, there is one-upmanship concerning "vibrational rates". Like a status-game?

Oh dear....

The way I look at it, yes it is better to have a more positive outlook on many things. But sitting in the lotus position on Puerto Rico and raising vibrations while hurricane Maria is raging isn't going to be very helpful. (Some may disagree with me. That's okay. I have not learned to avert hurricanes yet with my own personal spiritual vibrations.)
Yet shifting rocks and searching for trapped people while being vaguely aware of Love in our hearts....well to me that's high vibrational enough.

Sometimes we have to face squarely what is happening and that might involve us in responses which are not necessarily deemed "high vibrational". We also might have to process emotions, and not all of those are high-vibrational either. Yet if we skim on by them with a beatific smile on our faces, it doesn't deal with them, in a sleeves-rolled-up kind of way.

But if we go through life with something valuable in our hearts which we always use as a touchstone and a measure for our work and desires, and responses etc. Then that is a good "vibration" to hold generally. Kindness, consideration, courage, strength of character, understanding, compassion, comfort, Love, humour (which can often help the morale of others around)....and many other qualities....they are all in a sense "high vibrational".

Those things are just things we can choose to do in everyday life. That's what frequency is really all about. And it's NOT about being some rainbow-aura'd being, with some vague idea of being more "spiritual" than somebody else. It is about being a true HUMAN being.


I can totally agree with that. What I find interesting, however, is the lack of "technical aspects" shared within the spiritual community, or isn't that true? I have the idea that there only a few books and I actually don't often come across websites explaining things rationally, or at least with a form logic, such that we can better understand what is going on and make decisions that are more balanced (spirituality seems either to grow from desire, identity, certain higher emotions such as love or psychic abilities themselves and not from intellectual understanding. It just seems to be taken out of the picture). I find this odd, surely when faced with the higher or lower frequency question I asked. There is just not a thing to say "this is what we are actually talking about". I guess the subtle may also require some distance to logic, however it can't be excluded totally. It just becomes a mess. To me it is a mess now, maybe not for others, but it seems out of balance itself to me. I'm mostly talking about the stuff on the internet, since (let's be honest) this is wherebwe go for our "first help with everything questions"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 22-09-2017, 11:33 AM
Greenslade Greenslade is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,996
  Greenslade's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by realizefun
Greenslade, thank you for your comment too. I'm asking questions like these regulary. I do not follow paths that aren't mine, however. I have become quite certain, however today were my first doubts. Also, I often doubt whether the positive vibes may have a addictive effect, thereby I am critical on various sources and people, even when they radiate positivity. The rest and what I directly respond to helps me a lot, thank you
You're very welcome.

Asking questions is good, blind faith is scary so you're heading in the right direction

Doubts are more deep-rooted questions and they're your instinctual way of realising something isn't quite right. What makes positive positive and what makes negative negative? That's a question that I haven't seen an answer to that makes any sense, people use the word and say 'this is positive' or 'that is negative' but so far nobody has explained how to work out which is which. Care to be the first? I understand like and dislike, enjoy and don't enjoy so is that what people mean? Postive good and negative bad but who decides? Positive and negative are polarised opposites of the same thing and are perceptual, not actual. Is the Universe in two halves? When you challenge how you define 'positive' and 'negative' things become more interesting. When you challenge yourself everything looks different - if you are addicted to 'positive' is it because you have you had enough 'negative' in your Life? Everything that's happened in the past can be changed, because the bottom line is that what we're struggling with is our own perceptions of memories. The rest can be 'dismantled' and seen from a different perspective - the Universe gives us the test first, then the lesson.

Often people don't radiate 'positivity', what they radiate is most likely harmony and inner peace with themselves and the reason you're at odds with that is because you're at odds with yourself. You are not critical on various sources and people you are critical of yourself, so make the challenge in that direction. Is your being critical caused by you thinking you're not radiating 'positivism' but should be, do you doubt you can be like them?

If you want to go down the frequency route, there's a saying - "When the pupil is ready the teacher will come." When you radiate at the frequency of needing a teacher one will come your way, but if you're so at odds with yourself and your surroundings you can't resonate with any kind of teaching/learning. It really is that simple. It's OK to doubt and be critical because it means you haven't found what you're looking for.

Give yourself permission to be you - warts and all - and be OK with that because guess what? The highest vibration being is - the Universe itself. It's OK with you being you, why can't you be?
__________________
"Take your legacy and understand what has gone before. Make a new tomorrow in Love, Light and Faith."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 22-09-2017, 12:00 PM
Greenslade Greenslade is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,996
  Greenslade's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
My personal response to anyone suggesting to either raise or lower my vibrations is the same: I am vibrating just fine thanks.

That is to say I do not feel my own spirituality is something that needs to be changed. If and when it does I'll decide when and how.
MMMwwwwaaahhh!!! Metaphoric and platonic of course.

The Schumann Resonance was originally calculated at 7.83Hz although there's a range of different values lately, while God's frequency is supposed to be 938Hz. What that boils down to is that (disregarding values) if you're here with all the rest of us you're vibrating at the same frequencies as all the rest of us. How scary is that? Science will tell you that if your frequencies were much higher you'd turn into a cloud because your atomic structure would lose cohesion, and no more fine single malts for you. Humility and reality check I think.

Sometimes 'high vibration' makes sense from an ego construct's/misconception perspective.
__________________
"Take your legacy and understand what has gone before. Make a new tomorrow in Love, Light and Faith."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 22-09-2017, 01:29 PM
God-Like God-Like is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,500
  God-Like's Avatar
Well it's true enough to say that physical matter requires the same vibratory rate in order to maintain it's physicality .

What is of the physical matter in regards to one's soul essence for use of a better word can vary in regards to vibratory rates .

Just because we are all of the physical doesn't mean one cannot raise their vibratory rate pertaining to their soul essence .

A master that perceives self and the world lovingly will be vibrating differently from the one that perceives self and the world through loathing eyes .


x daz x
__________________
Everything under the sun is in tune,but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 23-09-2017, 09:27 AM
Greenslade Greenslade is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,996
  Greenslade's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Well it's true enough to say that physical matter requires the same vibratory rate in order to maintain it's physicality .

What is of the physical matter in regards to one's soul essence for use of a better word can vary in regards to vibratory rates .

Just because we are all of the physical doesn't mean one cannot raise their vibratory rate pertaining to their soul essence .

A master that perceives self and the world lovingly will be vibrating differently from the one that perceives self and the world through loathing eyes .


x daz x
I was going to have a bit of a rant at this, not at you personally but this whole misconception of high vibrations. Nobody actually stops to think about it objectively it seems and people get caught up in the whole 'high vibrations good, I need' mentality like it's the latest must-have cellphone.

With all this talk of raising vibrations, do people realse that they're actually lowering their own by perpetuating the myth? What you resist persists so if you're resisting 'low vibrations'? What is always overlooked is what people are actually saying, if you express the need to raise your vibrations that actually means you perceive yourself as lesser or lacking. You're not good enough, you're not comfortable with yourself and that's what you're subconsciously programming into your paradigm. Your paradigm then 'sets the scene' for the rest of your experience and all you do is feel inadequate both Spiritually and as a person - always something missing or lacking and never good enough. And that's before we get to all the other very surface stuff that makes this whole misconception....... Anyway...

When you understand what's in your head and the reasons for it being there, you have all the vibrations you really need.
__________________
"Take your legacy and understand what has gone before. Make a new tomorrow in Love, Light and Faith."
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 23-09-2017, 09:29 AM
Greenslade Greenslade is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,996
  Greenslade's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Those things are just things we can choose to do in everyday life. That's what frequency is really all about. And it's NOT about being some rainbow-aura'd being, with some vague idea of being more "spiritual" than somebody else. It is about being a true HUMAN being.
Amen to that, but being a rainbow-aura person is being human too. Ain't Life grand?
__________________
"Take your legacy and understand what has gone before. Make a new tomorrow in Love, Light and Faith."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums