Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-09-2017, 03:52 AM
Gem Gem is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 16,639
  Gem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volaju
A few hours ago, I was reading some threads and stumbled across one that talked about gender equality in the workforce and that they felt unhappy because the work they were submitted too was hard for them and these jobs for be for males exclusively, since apparently we are just inherently stronger and more physically capable than women ... which I honestly don't think is completely true.

We can't get away from the bio-chemistry such as testosrone which results in males having more musculature that females.

Quote:
My father and mother have metabolic issue, though strangely they are on both opposites scales in terms of what they do. My father's metabolism is so fast that it makes it very difficult for him to maintain weight, exclusively muscle and fat-while my mother has difficulty maintaining muscle because it often gets chemically reformed into fat.

For myself, this means that not only does my body have issues with gaining weight, but any fat I have is almost instantly used to create energy instead of muscle and as such gaining weight is a huge struggle for me.

Gaining muscle is much harder to do than gaining fat, it requires regular strenuous resistance exercise. If not undertaking such strenuous activity, one can't expect increases in muscle mass.

Quote:
At first I didn't let this bother me too much, I trained in various martial arts, and met men and women capable of lifting and performing much more than I can in terms of strength due to their muscle mass being greater.

Diet is crucial to building muscle, just as it is crucial to gaining or losing fat, but yes, some people are genetically predisposed to being very strong and/or muscular. Women will find it more difficult to build muscle than men mostly due to their lower testosterone levels, but that does not prevent women and girls from getting really strong.

Quote:
No I didn't start having issue until I started working. Constantly I was turned down from more intellectual jobs because they feel that women are more able to excel in these positions like accounting and much more, I have certifications in these fields that I trained for, but even still they refuse me. And, then I am pushed into jobs that function on hard labor, and its a constant battle. Due to my weight class and my inability to gain weight, I'm a liability to many of them. They know I can't lift heavy things and all around me are these huge men who are buffer than steel and seem to look down on me for it. Funny thing is I can beat many of them in a fight, but that doesn't really matter-not when the point is putting bread on the plate.

I can't make enough money to even buy a lot of food needed to keep a male figure like that, and my metabolism simply won't let up- and it probably won't for a while as my father is in his sixties and he just seems to be getting skinnier.


True, one needs a lot of food to get strong, but it doesn't cost the world if the diet is simplified to high protein like chicken breast, brown rice and a variety of veges whatever is going cheap. No junk.

Quote:
This has left me quite depressed, I can't understand what I'm supposed to do in a world that feels so gender-centric about its opportunities. At heart I'm an artist, but well, only a few in the realm art get to make it in terms of making money off it. Especially in this country.

I'm not sure if you are primarily interested in being stronger and healthier, but if that's the case, it doesn't matter if society is gender biased. It only matters if one eats, lifts and sleeps right.
__________________
.
Check out my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-09-2017, 07:33 AM
Volaju Volaju is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,478
  Volaju's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
We can't get away from the bio-chemistry such as testosrone which results in males having more musculature that females.


Gaining muscle is much harder to do than gaining fat, it requires regular strenuous resistance exercise. If not undertaking such strenuous activity, one can't expect increases in muscle mass.


Diet is crucial to building muscle, just as it is crucial to gaining or losing fat, but yes, some people are genetically predisposed to being very strong and/or muscular. Women will find it more difficult to build muscle than men mostly due to their lower testosterone levels, but that does not prevent women and girls from getting really strong.



True, one needs a lot of food to get strong, but it doesn't cost the world if the diet is simplified to high protein like chicken breast, brown rice and a variety of veges whatever is going cheap. No junk.


I'm not sure if you are primarily interested in being stronger and healthier, but if that's the case, it doesn't matter if society is gender biased. It only matters if one eats, lifts and sleeps right.

I'm sorry. Many articles has proven you not wholey accurate on those matters. Including life choices of my own. As said I trained with many people. A woman can achieve higher muscle density she simply changes her diet and performs as you put it strenuous exercise whether or not she can achieve a level equal to males depends solely on the males in question. Not all males produce the same amounts of testosterone as others and this also goes for females. She could take hormones for that. But not a good idea. Instead there are natural means of envoking testosterone development in females and it doesn't make breast vanish or give you manly voice. They were actually very beautiful. And could kick my ***. Which ... made them attractive to me. However that doesn't necessarily mean you'll just get buff huge.

As I mentioned some people have what are known as metabolic blocks or platuaes. This is the reason why weight classes exist in boxing and other sports of it's kind. Although diet is crucial. Some people's metabolism work much different than others. As said with my own, it's very fast. To the point I can't developed new muscle because my body puts it elsewhere and expends most of it in my energy. There was a time when I was training that we were eating almost six plates a day of high protein foods and and doing strenuous exercise. This lasted for a year. Though the only change was that my original muscle became more dense and a looked physically stronger. I had only gain maybe five pounds in that time while everyone else was exceeding me. The reason being that I have a very high plateau. I could do unhealthy things like hormonal boosting. But that's out of the question in my position.

Now. Understand what I said isn't that I think all women should be the same. No. Just that I've met and trained with exceptions and that it does humanity no good to imply these boundaries on each other because of cultural biases that have been beaten into on on the daily. I don't think women who do or don't choose to be fit or trained or whatever are really any different than each other. But for someone who has trained with these kinds women who could and pull these jobs and can do so in an instant if meant also caring for their family. Don't get me wrong. They are rare. Though I think they'd be less rare if there were less categorization and social impedance on the matter of who can and can't be strong. I aldo don't like being singled out by employers or at least the staffing agencies into hard labour just becuase I am a man, even though I have no experience in them and and smaller frame that makes it difficult to keep up. Even though I'm properly trained in these things they as for. And I would be equaslly upset hearing the same for women.

That is all.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-09-2017, 07:37 AM
Volaju Volaju is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,478
  Volaju's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Thats good then, keep ur dreadlocks! do they touch the floor?


No, I'd never let them get that long lol
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-09-2017, 07:45 AM
knightoflenity knightoflenity is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: England
Posts: 406
  knightoflenity's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volaju
I'm sorry. Many articles has proven you not wholey accurate on those matters. Including life choices of my own.
I don't like being singled out by employers or at least the staffing agencies into hard labour just because I am a man, even though I have no experience in them and and smaller frame that makes it difficult to keep up. Even though I'm properly trained in these things they as for. And I would be equally upset hearing the same for women. .

I was going to make some of the points that you have made here, I think that sometimes the median is given in certain "facts" that obviously won't apply to some people - yet we are told that the advice is sound.

Athleanx is a great programme but I found that you don't bulk up, lots of the MMA fighters are small in frame but it's hard to point that out to a "mans man" type as that is often their identity.

Have you had any further progress on the jobs front? I presume that for you that an agency is the best option for you but have you come up with any other ideas for yourself since your original posting?

One thing that I thought of that obviously depends on your circumstances, but have you considered that it may come to the point where you either move location or rely on welfare until you can get on your feet?

.
__________________
Lenity by definition is gentle or kindness - to be lenient

"God is indefinable by mankind - goodness is not"

- The Book of Lenity -
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-09-2017, 08:11 AM
Volaju Volaju is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,478
  Volaju's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
I was going to make some of the points that you have made here, I think that sometimes the median is given in certain "facts" that obviously won't apply to some people - yet we are told that the advice is sound.

Athleanx is a great programme but I found that you don't bulk up, lots of the MMA fighters are small in frame but it's hard to point that out to a "mans man" type as that is often their identity.

Have you had any further progress on the jobs front? I presume that for you that an agency is the best option for you but have you come up with any other ideas for yourself since your original posting?

One thing that I thought of that obviously depends on your circumstances, but have you considered that it may come to the point where you either move location or rely on welfare until you can get on your feet?

.

Remind me to stop typing post on my phone, they look absolutely horrid when I reread them. lol

Well, thankfully, this new position isn't too terrible. They have me paletting bags from these large machines that just assemble bags lol Its nowhere as difficult, and it actually mostly puts my endurance to the test, which isn't so bad.

Its funny you say that, I actually just recently moved to this location in Utah, I'm living with friends at the moment and starting 'from the bottom,' my mental illnesses has caused some ostracism from my family and they've decided they wanted distance from me. Which is understandable. I really love it here, just getting on my feet is a challenge with all the stuff going on and my inability to really get around as I don't have a car. I have to ride a bike almost an hour back and forth to the job and it leaves me very tired throughout most of the day.

In reference to the MMA, I was trained in Jeet Kun Do, and many others like Krav Maga and even few traditional martial arts practiced by Shoalin. I learned about all these differences in metabolic rates and why some people are naturally larger and more amply built to produce muscle in their bodies than others and why it is also very hard for some to build them in response. its quite incredible seeing some of the people who practice these things, and it leaves me in awe with the kind of judgement they get-many are even sometimes shamed for it and its a bit disheartening to see that kind of behavior towards people who struggled for their athleticism in life.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-09-2017, 08:28 AM
knightoflenity knightoflenity is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: England
Posts: 406
  knightoflenity's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volaju
Well, thankfully, this new position isn't too terrible. They have me paletting bags from these large machines that just assemble bags lol Its nowhere as difficult, and it actually mostly puts my endurance to the test, which isn't so bad.

Its funny you say that, I actually just recently moved to this location in Utah, I'm living with friends at the moment and starting 'from the bottom,' my mental illnesses has caused some ostracism from my family and they've decided they wanted distance from me. Which is understandable. I really love it here, just getting on my feet is a challenge with all the stuff going on and my inability to really get around as I don't have a car. I have to ride a bike almost an hour back and forth to the job and it leaves me very tired throughout most of the day.

I was working on goods-in for an I.T company. Unloading vans & lorries, moving pallets etc. I got to know the people & the booking in system & started to do the warranty side a little. About 2 years later someone told me to go for a job "upstairs" which I thought was stupid as I never went to university.

I got it though and became a buyer.

Sometimes we have to make stops on the train journey that we don't think apply to our destination but we can be pleasantly surprised by what we discover.

You sound strong & committed my friend - if the other fools fail to see it then they are either blind or blinkered.

.
__________________
Lenity by definition is gentle or kindness - to be lenient

"God is indefinable by mankind - goodness is not"

- The Book of Lenity -
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Volaju Volaju is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,478
  Volaju's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
I was working on goods-in for an I.T company. Unloading vans & lorries, moving pallets etc. I got to know the people & the booking in system & started to do the warranty side a little. About 2 years later someone told me to go for a job "upstairs" which I thought was stupid as I never went to university.

I got it though and became a buyer.

Sometimes we have to make stops on the train journey that we don't think apply to our destination but we can be pleasantly surprised by what we discover.

You sound strong & committed my friend - if the other fools fail to see it then they are either blind or blinkered.

.

That's one of those moments where it just feels like things were meant to happen, I'm really happy for you! I'm hoping I'll get some fortune soon, but I know its gonna take time. Its hard, not unlike that roller-coaster qoute I hear all the time haha
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-09-2017, 02:23 AM
Gem Gem is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 16,639
  Gem's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volaju
I'm sorry. Many articles has proven you not wholey accurate on those matters. Including life choices of my own. As said I trained with many people. A woman can achieve higher muscle density she simply changes her diet and performs as you put it strenuous exercise whether or not she can achieve a level equal to males depends solely on the males in question. Not all males produce the same amounts of testosterone as others and this also goes for females. She could take hormones for that. But not a good idea. Instead there are natural means of envoking testosterone development in females and it doesn't make breast vanish or give you manly voice. They were actually very beautiful. And could kick my ***. Which ... made them attractive to me. However that doesn't necessarily mean you'll just get buff huge.

As I mentioned some people have what are known as metabolic blocks or platuaes. This is the reason why weight classes exist in boxing and other sports of it's kind. Although diet is crucial. Some people's metabolism work much different than others. As said with my own, it's very fast. To the point I can't developed new muscle because my body puts it elsewhere and expends most of it in my energy. There was a time when I was training that we were eating almost six plates a day of high protein foods and and doing strenuous exercise. This lasted for a year. Though the only change was that my original muscle became more dense and a looked physically stronger. I had only gain maybe five pounds in that time while everyone else was exceeding me. The reason being that I have a very high plateau. I could do unhealthy things like hormonal boosting. But that's out of the question in my position.

It's quite hard to build muscle. 5 pounds is more than 2 kilos, which is a significant increase in a year. To build muscle it is best to do body building type training - resistance training for muscular hypertrophy.

Quote:
Now. Understand what I said isn't that I think all women should be the same. No. Just that I've met and trained with exceptions and that it does humanity no good to imply these boundaries on each other because of cultural biases that have been beaten into on on the daily. I don't think women who do or don't choose to be fit or trained or whatever are really any different than each other. But for someone who has trained with these kinds women who could and pull these jobs and can do so in an instant if meant also caring for their family. Don't get me wrong. They are rare. Though I think they'd be less rare if there were less categorization and social impedance on the matter of who can and can't be strong. I aldo don't like being singled out by employers or at least the staffing agencies into hard labour just becuase I am a man, even though I have no experience in them and and smaller frame that makes it difficult to keep up. Even though I'm properly trained in these things they as for. And I would be equaslly upset hearing the same for women.

That is all.
__________________
.
Check out my signature.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-09-2017, 12:09 PM
knightoflenity knightoflenity is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: England
Posts: 406
  knightoflenity's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's quite hard to build muscle. 5 pounds is more than 2 kilos, which is a significant increase in a year. To build muscle it is best to do body building type training - resistance training for muscular hypertrophy.

Volaju seems to be pretty on the ball, can use Google himself if he so desires. He's shown that he is a hard worker & has taken up many disciplines on his journey so far - he isn't doing anything wrong & isn't naive.

In his circumstances he has shown himself to be committed & willing to learn, change & adapt.

These traits alone show that his initial questioning of his situation are valid, on point to a large degree & he really does deserve some positive turnaround. I'm confident that he will get there - he sounds too nice of a guy to just let things keep him down.

Most people cheat to get bigger & he knows this. Look at John "Bones" Jones now. Heck even Brock Lesnar appears to juice & hes already a beast.

If Volaju is physically not a big guy he is most definitely spiritually & emotionally that's for sure.

.
__________________
Lenity by definition is gentle or kindness - to be lenient

"God is indefinable by mankind - goodness is not"

- The Book of Lenity -
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Volaju Volaju is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,478
  Volaju's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's quite hard to build muscle. 5 pounds is more than 2 kilos, which is a significant increase in a year. To build muscle it is best to do body building type training - resistance training for muscular hypertrophy.

Hmmm. I've been working with a lot of bodybuilders in my life and I'll have disagree with that. Older men tend to have more issues getting muscle. 5 pounds in a year is staggeringly low for someone of my age. One of my friends jumped up much higher though he had much more body weight and I can note few others in the group too. But as I mentioined this due to complications around race and genetics. I just happen to be African and Native American and, with some exceptions, our races have trouble gaining massive amounts of muscle mass.

We were doing bodybuilding, but that's not the point here. Really. Other than the fact I have issues with metabolic blocks, many of the positions I held don't let me go to a gym and I can't afford gym equipment either so bodybuilding is out of the question for a while. Thing is I don't want to buff up. I want to stay lithe and physically strong enough to do parkour, not the 'strong man' that cultures are trying to push on me to be becuase I'm not that type of athletic. Saying that a healthy male specimen is someone who is buff enough to lift twice their weight and more is absurd. I know bodybuilders who can't do what do I'm terms if 540 kicks, and full front flips becuase they are muscle bound and incapable of doing so. All I was trying to say was that it's unfair for this staffing agency to deny me office jobs just becuase I am male and even more so since I'm not the 'type' of male my society wants.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums