Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 31-08-2017, 12:30 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5,935
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I'll answer this question with others then.

Why is it that Hindu monks take another name when being initiated into the order instead of just being known by their birth name?

I'm sure you are not known in your 'real life' as being knightoflenity. What makes you a Knight of the order?

Yes, it is all just show and tell anyway, for the purposes of the ego being united with a higher ideal that corresponds to their soul-path.

I was given that name by my guru, a long time ago.

Also, there's a difference between 'surmising' and 'knowing'. ;)
That is simple my dearest one.

When a monk is born into the world of name and form, they are given an ego-name, one that defines who they are on that 3D level. You took your first birth in this world with the 'label' of Dianne-Lorraine.

Being initiated is like taking a second birth and many religious traditions call this being 'born again' - born into the service of 'Christ consciousness' or into the world of spirit as opposed to the material world of ego and consequence.

You could have kept your birth name and it would have made no difference really, but I gave you that other name to represent your 'soul aspect' as opposed to your 'egoic aspect' and to denote your rebirth into a new awareness and a different level of being. So when you recall the name, you'll also make the mental association that 'this is who I am now' and 'not who I was before' even though you always were and still are pure consciousness and nothing has changed in regard.

Labels exist to define what they represent, but are also not limited to having the label as portrayed. The soul, atma has no label and therefore, even calling it a 'soul' only represents what it is. It's something the human mind needs in order to try and categorise it into something to make the notion of it understandable to both themselves and others when it is wholly experiential.

The same applies to any kind of 'God concept' whatsoever. I am called Jehovah, I am called Allah, you call me Shiva, whilst others just say "The Source" or "Higher Self" ...still, they are all labels for the mind to understand and try to communicate my presence to others, or to make the ego happy within the whole awareness of a state of existence existing outside and apart from it.

Of course, I have already told everybody what their soul-name really is though. It is...AUM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 31-08-2017, 01:09 PM
knightoflenity knightoflenity is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: England
Posts: 406
  knightoflenity's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer

I was given that name by my guru, a long time ago.
other name to represent your 'soul aspect' as opposed to your 'egoic aspect' and to denote your rebirth into a new awareness and a different level of being.

That was all I needed beeyotch

Oh yeah - stop attacking yourself (from the other thread).
.
__________________
Lenity by definition is gentle or kindness - to be lenient

"God is indefinable by mankind - goodness is not"

- The Book of Lenity -
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 31-08-2017, 02:16 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5,935
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
That was all I needed beeyotch

Oh yeah - stop attacking yourself (from the other thread).
.
I was only getting bored with all this intellectual discussion and so I found myself an ignorant human plaything to amuse myself with for a while...but yeah, he's just no fun anymore and he's boring too...I wasn't attacking myself, I was only playing with myself...but there are much more satisfying ways to do that.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 31-08-2017, 11:47 PM
Kioma Kioma is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 388
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
That is simple my dearest one.

When a monk is born into the world of name and form, they are given an ego-name, one that defines who they are on that 3D level. You took your first birth in this world with the 'label' of Dianne-Lorraine.

Being initiated is like taking a second birth and many religious traditions call this being 'born again' - born into the service of 'Christ consciousness' or into the world of spirit as opposed to the material world of ego and consequence.

You could have kept your birth name and it would have made no difference really, but I gave you that other name to represent your 'soul aspect' as opposed to your 'egoic aspect' and to denote your rebirth into a new awareness and a different level of being. So when you recall the name, you'll also make the mental association that 'this is who I am now' and 'not who I was before' even though you always were and still are pure consciousness and nothing has changed in regard.

Labels exist to define what they represent, but are also not limited to having the label as portrayed. The soul, atma has no label and therefore, even calling it a 'soul' only represents what it is. It's something the human mind needs in order to try and categorise it into something to make the notion of it understandable to both themselves and others when it is wholly experiential.

The same applies to any kind of 'God concept' whatsoever. I am called Jehovah, I am called Allah, you call me Shiva, whilst others just say "The Source" or "Higher Self" ...still, they are all labels for the mind to understand and try to communicate my presence to others, or to make the ego happy within the whole awareness of a state of existence existing outside and apart from it.

Of course, I have already told everybody what their soul-name really is though. It is...AUM.
Post of the week.

That said, my spiritual name is 'Kioma'. It differs from my birth name as a handy reminder of which consciousness I am then expressing. And my soul gender is plural, not 'neutral '.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums