Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-08-2017, 01:03 AM
Master
Modern and Ancient Miracles.

We know during the time of Jesus Christ, he performed a lot of miracles. This thread is going to write about the miracles about Jesus Christ time and including those of nowadays or healing miracles or other any type of miraculous events.

Anyone can write about some miracles that they have encountered or listened from friends or from Christian books. You're free to share here. All types of miraculous performances are welcomed. They may be in spiritual form or something you consider it's a miracle.

I create this thread is to find out the miracles that we may be in our life can't listen elsewhere or from others. So I try to gather them here. It's to show to our Christian friends to believe Christianity isn't a wasting our time for nothing and not to complain to the religion that it is not good or Bible is remaked by someone at a later date.

And we should consider they're not so important because our Lord Jesus and his father God Jehovah are good Gods. And they can gives us strength and wisdom to deal with our daily life and promise a heaven for us. And miracles are happening along with our Christian communities.
Old 29-08-2017, 01:25 AM
Master
They're a lot of Christians who can read other's minds , he can read as a fortune teller. This is a gift from God. And he's born to have that mental power to prophesy, predict, foretell......

Once I visited my father-in-law , the church there come a person who can see a person's secret that's he can know almost all other person's past doing in his life. That's a miracle performance that no one knows how he can do it.

And he knows what others will meet with whom that's important to him at what time. It's like a function teller. But he's unlike a fortune teller. It's because he serves in the church in the headquarter in my region.
Old 29-08-2017, 01:40 AM
Experiencer
What does it prove?

I find it distracting... it's better we do not seek miracles but the true "wonders" within our hearts.

There are powers and principalities... no doubt.
Old 29-08-2017, 01:49 AM
Knower

lol!! here we go........the explanation of what it proves..........and yes it will be distracting...........your in for a treat............
Old 29-08-2017, 01:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
What does it prove?

I find it distracting... it's better we do not seek miracles but the true "wonders" within our hearts.

There are powers and principalities... no doubt.

It's a gift but don't under estimate the gift that can do something no man can do that's miracle. That proves God give us grace differently to individuals and we stand for God's gift. And we stronghold our believing in our religion belief that our gifts are from our God.

Don't feel anything about what I say here. Or the miracles about modern time as well in Jesus's time or Jesus's miraculous performance in the Bible.
Old 29-08-2017, 02:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
lol!! here we go........the explanation of what it proves..........and yes it will be distracting...........your in for a treat............

Are you not in the group of the monkey king ? Yes, you are welcome here but I don't like people to say something like that guy. Or don't enter, please.
Old 29-08-2017, 02:03 AM
Master
What's a miracle?

How does one define a miracle?

A miracle is an event which the forces of nature—including the natural powers of man—cannot of themselves produce, and which must, therefore, be referred to a supernatural agency (Fisher 1900, 9).

A miracle is a divine operation that transcends what is normally perceived as natural law; it cannot be explained upon any natural basis.
Old 29-08-2017, 02:25 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
How does one define a miracle?

A miracle is an event which the forces of nature—including the natural powers of man—cannot of themselves produce, and which must, therefore, be referred to a supernatural agency (Fisher 1900, 9).

A miracle is a divine operation that transcends what is normally perceived as natural law; it cannot be explained upon any natural basis.

Not necessarily, depending on your assumptions about the nature and meaning of the miracle.
As an example, when Jesus was pierced by a spear while on the cross it was said that water poured from the wound.
Does this then mean Jesus gave white wine to his disciples at the last supper? Drink this wine, it is my blood!

The first miracle of Jesus was when he turned water into wine.
I'm of the view that this was merely an act of love performed by Jesus to appease some great sorrow, by transforming tears of sadness into tears of joy. Water into wine!

The quick fix explanation that Jesus (walked on water), or changed water into wine,
only dilutes what (really) happened that day at the wedding in Cana.
Old 29-08-2017, 03:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
Not necessarily, depending on your assumptions about the nature and meaning of the miracle. For example, when Jesus was pierced by a spear while on the cross it was said that water poured out of the wound.
Does this then mean that Jesus gave white wine to his disciples at the last supper? Drink this wine, it is my blood!

The first miracle of Jesus was when he turned water into wine. I'm of the view that this was merely an act of love performed by Jesus to appease some great sorrow, by transforming tears of sadness into tears of joy. Water into wine!

The quick fix explanation that Jesus (walked on water), or changed water into wine,
only dilutes what (really) happened that day at the wedding in Cana.

I think when some phenomena exist but we can't explain the happening and it's unnatural happened then we can consider it as an miracle. So the changing of water into wine or walking on water or water pour out from water (as you said) but if everyone can do it and knew that methods then it will not consider as a miracle.

If everyone can see the spiritual realm with ease then it's count as not a miracle performance but no one or not many can see with third eyesight (outside of our bodies) then it's a miracle. It's not occur naturally but considering with some reason or by some forces or gift from God.
Old 29-08-2017, 03:06 AM
Knower

and we're off..............lol!!