Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 31-07-2017, 10:26 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,194
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Fearful of the afterlife...

Most near death experiences tell about those''new age'' kind of NDE where there is no eternal damnation, devil, hell, or a strict tyrannical judgmental god but only a god of love that accepts everyone whether they are Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, or even gay. NDE's involving reincarnation are not unheard of neither. Sounds all cheerful, right? Well yes, if it wasn't for those few people who experienced a fundamentalism Christian type NDE where everyone who isn't a Christian and/or accepted Jesus as their savior goes to hell forever. Of course, it's easy to debunk them as untruth because you don't have Christianity based beliefs. But just because you don't approve of them doesn't mean they should be overlooked... I don't know why people have those different types of NDEs that contradict one another. If there is a God, why would he deceive one person into having a fundamental Christian-type NDE while another person a cheerful New Age kind of NDE? Is he doing this to troll us? Thinking about it makes me extremely fearful about checking out of this life. Obviously none of us know the truth until we experience death for ourselves, but is there anyone here who holds a reasonable explanation? Preferably other than a ''your afterlife experience depends on your beliefs'' and ''you create your own afterlife'' related theory, since it barely makes any sense.
__________________
For the king for the land for the mountains
for the green valleys where dragons fly
for the glory the power to win the black lord
I will search for the emerald sword
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 31-07-2017, 10:53 PM
baro-san baro-san is offline
Suspended
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 490
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Most near death experiences tell about those''new age'' kind of NDE where there is no eternal damnation, devil, hell, or a strict tyrannical judgmental god but only a god of love that accepts everyone whether they are Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, or even gay. NDE's involving reincarnation are not unheard of neither. Sounds all cheerful, right? Well yes, if it wasn't for those few people who experienced a fundamentalism Christian type NDE where everyone who isn't a Christian and/or accepted Jesus as their savior goes to hell forever. Of course, it's easy to debunk them as untruth because you don't have Christianity based beliefs. But just because you don't approve of them doesn't mean they should be overlooked... I don't know why people have those different types of NDEs that contradict one another. If there is a God, why would he deceive one person into having a fundamental Christian-type NDE while another person a cheerful New Age kind of NDE? Is he doing this to troll us? Thinking about it makes me extremely fearful about checking out of this life. Obviously none of us know the truth until we experience death for ourselves, but is there anyone here who holds a reasonable explanation? Preferably other than a ''your afterlife experience depends on your beliefs'' and ''you create your own afterlife'' related theory, since it barely makes any sense.
If you're confused by what others claim, and untrusting about potential replies, I suggest you try yourself to find answers by accessing altered states of consciousness. It would provide you some relief.

Regarding "fear", while still alive do always whatever YOU think is right, and you'll get what you deserve, instead of making mistakes by following others!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 31-07-2017, 11:06 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,194
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
If you're confused by what others claim, and untrusting about potential replies, I suggest you try yourself to find answers by accessing altered states of consciousness. It would provide you some relief.

What do you mean with altered states of consciousness? Just saying, if it involves any kind of drugs (like someone suggested me here before) then forget it.

Quote:
Regarding "fear", while still alive do always whatever YOU think is right, and you'll get what you deserve, instead of making mistakes by following others

I will. And I'm defintely not the type of person who follows the crowd.
__________________
For the king for the land for the mountains
for the green valleys where dragons fly
for the glory the power to win the black lord
I will search for the emerald sword
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-08-2017, 12:40 AM
baro-san baro-san is offline
Suspended
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 490
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
What do you mean with altered states of consciousness? Just saying, if it involves any kind of drugs (like someone suggested me here before) then forget it.



I will. And I'm defintely not the type of person who follows the crowd.
I use self-hypnosis.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-08-2017, 12:53 AM
H:O:R:A:C:E H:O:R:A:C:E is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,729
  H:O:R:A:C:E's Avatar
Quote:
SlayerOfLight: Preferably other than a ''your afterlife experience depends on your beliefs'' and ''you create your own afterlife'' related theory, since it barely makes any sense.
how is it that these theories appear nonsensical to you?

there are thoughts which support empowerment, and those which do not.
why does it seem confusing to imagine yourself as having autonomy?
where do you imagine the power for what you experience resides?
outside of yourself? are you a pawn on someone else's chessboard?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-08-2017, 01:17 AM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,194
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
how is it that these theories appear nonsensical to you?

there are thoughts which support empowerment, and those which do not.
why does it seem confusing to imagine yourself as having autonomy?
where do you imagine the power for what you experience resides?
outside of yourself? are you a pawn on someone else's chessboard?

Mainly because there are atheists who obviously don't believe in an afterlife and after returning from a NDE their beliefs changed completely. Besides that I have read many NDEs but so far none of the ones I encountered did confirm a thought-created afterlife theory. Many NDE's seem similar to each other, like encountering a supreme deity or universal god that manifests as a brillant light, life reviews, a black void, so all of this kinda eliminates those theories that everyone has a unique NDE which takes the shape of their own beliefs.

And to answer your other questions, it certainly feels like I am a single pawn on a chessboard among many other pawns that isn't being moved but left standing in a corner while many other pieces are moved forward.
__________________
For the king for the land for the mountains
for the green valleys where dragons fly
for the glory the power to win the black lord
I will search for the emerald sword
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-08-2017, 02:04 AM
baro-san baro-san is offline
Suspended
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 490
 
When people have OBEs, lucid dreams, regressions, they find out that they're in a thought-responsive realm. Whatever they think immediately materializes. To explore what is over there independent of your thoughts and emotions, you have to learn to control your thoughts and emotions. If you can't, or won't, your emotions, especially fears, will quickly spin out of control, and you'll either wake up, or slip in a nightmare.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-08-2017, 04:15 AM
H:O:R:A:C:E H:O:R:A:C:E is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,729
  H:O:R:A:C:E's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Mainly because there are atheists who obviously don't believe in an afterlife and after returning from a NDE their beliefs changed completely. Besides that I have read many NDEs but so far none of the ones I encountered did confirm a thought-created afterlife theory. Many NDE's seem similar to each other, like encountering a supreme deity or universal god that manifests as a brillant light, life reviews, a black void, so all of this kinda eliminates those theories that everyone has a unique NDE which takes the shape of their own beliefs.

And to answer your other questions, it certainly feels like I am a single pawn on a chessboard among many other pawns that isn't being moved but left standing in a corner while many other pieces are moved forward.

i see what you're saying.
perhaps some of the 'inconsistencies' might be explained as people not truly
believing what they've thought themselves to believe. the conscious mind is
like the visible portion of an iceberg; the majority of the mind resides in the
subconscious, below the threshold of observation available to consciousness.
just because a conscious proclamation may be made doesn't mean that the
totality of thought stands in unison on that thought.
i think it's swell that you're sitting in a corner while all those other pieces
move around. it means that you're not getting pushed and pulled by factors
out of your control. you're probably looking for some sensible things to put
your energies into service of; and searching for the means to exercise your
autonomy.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-08-2017, 02:42 PM
MARDAV70 MARDAV70 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 315
 
Regarding what is experienced during a NDE some speak of a 'Silver Thread', that is, the ego is still intact. When this silver thread is severed, there will be no returning of consciousness to it's human body host. Until that happens, we are still under some influence of what we have been taught and think regarding the human mind, so if that's true (and I think it is) it's bound to have some effect in what we experience in a NDE/OBE or some other spiritual experience.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-08-2017, 11:21 PM
Tobi Tobi is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,034
  Tobi's Avatar
Please don't be afraid of the afterlife, Slayer. I don't have endless universal knowledge (lol) but from what I have received from my loved ones who have passed over they are okay indeed. And these were not 'perfect' while they lived here! And no, they didn't meditate or have amazing thought control either!
__________________
A Dog's Life After Death
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums