Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 28-07-2017, 02:15 AM
bartholomew bartholomew is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Washington State, USA.
Posts: 588
 
A Little About Consciousness...



We should be able to simply say that consciousness is a “principle”. We cannot though. Here on Earth we are too used to thinking of it in terms of an effect or an attribute. Consciousness is neither.

There is, somewhere at a level too high for we humans to imagine, an ultimate creator. For convenience lets assign both gender and title. We’ll call Him God.

Now to make this as short as possible let’s not think in exoteric terms moving, eventually, to the esoteric. The readers on this forum are perfectly capable of sorting out high from lower. In an esoteric sense the body of God is everything, omitting not even the smallest sub atomic particle, in existence. Let’s include both the physical and the spiritual universes too, all of them.

God is the apex. At His level there is no passage of time. God simply “is”. This is the reason we can have freedom of choice when God already knows how we will chose. We really do have choice because we are unaware of God’s mind. It therefore has no effect on us.

If God has a single attribute, something which can be quantified by us, it is His being as evidenced through His works. Since all of creation results from the mind of God being directed purposefully each bit of created matter both physical and spiritual bears a telltale signature of the source. Consciousness is this signature. It is thus “a principle”. God’s mind is the ultimate measure of consciousness. Consciousness is that which is of God. Consciousness derives directly from the creator. Consciousness, in it's highest form, is what God is.

God is most conscious. A subatomic particle is least conscious. We are conscious in accordance with the state of spiritual attainment of our souls. How old is my soul? Determine the age by the degree of consciousness or vice versa. Consciousness does not originate in the brain. The brain simply allows a degree of consciousness to express through the physical body. Because of this it seems that consciousness is of the brain. Not true though. Our consciousness survives death. This is a well accepted proposition. Most of us believe it. It, therefore, cannot be of the brain. Our brains allow connectivity between our self consciousness and that of the greater whole of creation. Those who channel know this to be factual.

The following things are true. A grain of sand has both a soul and consciousness. We have both a soul and consciousness. The sun about which our planets orbit has a soul and consciousness. These are facts which every advanced soul, disciple, adept and master on or above the Earth, knows.

This was quickly written. Please forgive any typos...

Bartholomew
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 28-07-2017, 04:14 AM
baro-san baro-san is offline
Suspended
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 490
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
...

This was quickly written. Please forgive any typos...

Bartholomew
You expressed here several opinions. What did you intend to accomplish? Enlighten the others? Discuss some of your opinions you aren't sure of? Just get it off your chest?

I disagree that what you stated are facts, and that "every advanced soul, disciple, adept and master on or above the Earth, knows" would agree with you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 28-07-2017, 08:12 AM
yearningsoul yearningsoul is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 22
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
[color="DarkGreen"]

We should be able to simply say that consciousness is a “principle”. We cannot though. Here on Earth we are too used to thinking of it in terms of an effect or an attribute. Consciousness is neither.


I was just searching for "how the brain produces consciousness" and came across your thread. I actually got that question from another post in this forum and got really interested.

Do you have any links or write-ups on this? I want to research more on this topic. While I am fascinated by what you wrote, I am not in a place to call it a "fact" but am open to learning more on consciousness in general.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28-07-2017, 12:39 PM
bartholomew bartholomew is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Washington State, USA.
Posts: 588
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
You expressed here several opinions. What did you intend to accomplish? Enlighten the others? Discuss some of your opinions you aren't sure of? Just get it off your chest?

I disagree that what you stated are facts, and that "every advanced soul, disciple, adept and master on or above the Earth, knows" would agree with you.



What are your ideas about consciousness?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28-07-2017, 04:51 PM
baro-san baro-san is offline
Suspended
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 490
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
What are your ideas about consciousness?
I just read your profile on this site. Although my beliefs differ from yours, I don't feel up for a deeper discussion about it. I respect your right to your beliefs.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 28-07-2017, 11:30 PM
bartholomew bartholomew is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Washington State, USA.
Posts: 588
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
I just read your profile on this site. Although my beliefs differ from yours, I don't feel up for a deeper discussion about it. I respect your right to your beliefs.


Thank you. My beliefs are based on two things. Teachings of a particular spiritual master and personal experience in the subtle worlds through channeling. A book which is from the same spiritual source is "The Consciousness of the Atom". (Lucis Press)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 28-07-2017, 11:37 PM
bartholomew bartholomew is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Washington State, USA.
Posts: 588
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yearningsoul
I was just searching for "how the brain produces consciousness" and came across your thread. I actually got that question from another post in this forum and got really interested.

Do you have any links or write-ups on this? I want to research more on this topic. While I am fascinated by what you wrote, I am not in a place to call it a "fact" but am open to learning more on consciousness in general.


One very good source, one of a series of books channeled by Alice Bailey about 100 years ago is: The Consciousness of trhe Atom". Be sure to buy the Lucis Press edition and not a knock off which may be edited.

I have written a few posts here on the forum which are related. You may find some interesting.

I am a world class skeptic and always have been. Personal experiences in the spiritual worlds during many, many years have convinced me of their realities though.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-08-2017, 09:42 AM
yearningsoul yearningsoul is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 22
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
One very good source, one of a series of books channeled by Alice Bailey about 100 years ago is: The Consciousness of trhe Atom". Be sure to buy the Lucis Press edition and not a knock off which may be edited.

I have written a few posts here on the forum which are related. You may find some interesting.

I am a world class skeptic and always have been. Personal experiences in the spiritual worlds during many, many years have convinced me of their realities though.

Hey thanks for the book recommendation. I will surely check it out.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18-08-2017, 07:01 AM
Busby Busby is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 462
 
At the moment I'm reading a book in German which carries the title (translated) Soul Secrets and Psychic Worlds'. The author Pierre de Foret, is of the opinion that we humans don't have a 'soul' and we have no consciousness.

What he says is that we are each part of an 'oversoul' and that we don't have a consciousness but that we are consciousness.

I've been busying myself for a long time now with the 'problem' of consciousness having also just finished Carlo Rovelli's book 'Reality is Not What it Seems' an excursion into quantum physics and scientists troubled by clues that suggest that really the world is all in the mind. He doesn't say this directly but points out that it seems as if matter springs out of nowhere. (see Utube)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 18-08-2017, 12:36 PM
bartholomew bartholomew is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Washington State, USA.
Posts: 588
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
At the moment I'm reading a book in German which carries the title (translated) Soul Secrets and Psychic Worlds'. The author Pierre de Foret, is of the opinion that we humans don't have a 'soul' and we have no consciousness.

What he says is that we are each part of an 'oversoul' and that we don't have a consciousness but that we are consciousness.

I've been busying myself for a long time now with the 'problem' of consciousness having also just finished Carlo Rovelli's book 'Reality is Not What it Seems' an excursion into quantum physics and scientists troubled by clues that suggest that really the world is all in the mind. He doesn't say this directly but points out that it seems as if matter springs out of nowhere. (see Utube)


I see no difficulty with what he says. He is looking beyond the ordinary. Consciousness, as a principle, is not something we have at all but an aspect of all matter, physical and spiritual. It is that which directly of the creator.

Consciousness is not the product of anything. It does not come from anywhere. Consciousness is that which supports all else. It is a primordial principle.

Many have used the term "oversoul". One definition is that it refers to the great being which informs our planet. This is very esoteric indeed. It is not something which is taught in "schools".

The Earth is the physical manifestation of a stupendously great being which is far too advanced for any mere human to contemplate much less "know". This being is that which "informs" the world and everything which is upon or with it, including we humans. Our bodies and there inherent bits of consciousnesses are no more than a part of this "god". Some consider this being to be the real god that religious folks worship though they are not aware of this. This great being is sometimes called the "oversoul" too.

So... the author is accessing a place using his mind. A place where these things are known. He brings back information and puts it to paper. What he espouses may be incomplete or it may seem inconclusive or vague but this is only because none of us has perfect access to the "source".

"Reality", like "truth", is a fluid concept. It changes with the observer. One great problem with science is that they are using three dimensional math to describe the boundaries of a higher dimension. Thus the difficulties with quantum physics. Science is on the verge of discovering that there is more. It will be their imaginations which will lead the way to new realities. Most important here is that even though they know that matter is energy they continue to think in terms of matter. A new math will be required before they can move forward. For instance in the astral plane it is quite possible to exceed the speed of light. It is only necessary to shift up out of the physical, travel great distances, then drop back down. This is the reason our friends in flying saucers suddenly appear and disappear sometimes.

Related note: When brother Jesus ascended into heaven he was merely shifting up into the astral plane. Some people saw this and were amazed. Really though, there are advanced people on Earth right now who can do the same things. Shall we drop to our knees and utter godly testimonies or shall we understand what we are really witnessing? The answers to these questions depend on our abilities to observe.

One more thing for science to consider is this. Most suns are centers of creation. They serve as portals through which spiritual matter becomes physical. Black holes are the reverse. Physical matter reverts to spiritual matter as it passes through these. Will quantum physics be adequate to quantify these processes? No. But it will offer hints. Everything in the phenomenal universe is simple and elegant.

James

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums