Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 26-06-2017, 10:32 PM
kjw47 kjw47 is offline
Guide
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 748
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tree
I agree


This world lives in an illusion( 2Cor 4:4, 2Cor 11:12-15) Few listen to Jesus, Many think they do, but in reality do not know what he taught.
Jesus taught-- Enter through the narrow gate( one path) for cramped is the road that leads off into life, FEW are the ones finding it. For MANY have entered the broad and spacious( many paths lead to this) that leads to destruction( see-- not eternal suffering) if one believes Jesus--Few do obviously.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 26-06-2017, 10:52 PM
Green Tree Green Tree is offline
Knower
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 166
  Green Tree's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
...Enter through the narrow gate( one path)...

You are free to believe as you do - I will not condemn you nor point you to any text or teaching that says there is only "one way" (as you have).

EDIT TO ADD: Those verses you cited are condescending and narrow minded.

Tell me, what does it profit you to tell others that there is but one path?

Does it serve only to make you feel superior to others?

Have you read any pre-Christian mythology?

Your boy Jesus isn't an original, nor is he a one of a kind

Last edited by Green Tree : 27-06-2017 at 12:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 27-06-2017, 12:15 AM
Green Tree Green Tree is offline
Knower
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 166
  Green Tree's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
( 2Cor 4:4, 2Cor 11:12-15)

2 Corinthians 4:4

"The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

The [god] of this age (presumably meaning Satan)... Are you saying I'm blind?

2 Corinthians 11:12-15

12 "And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about."

Are you suggesting that I am not your equal?

13 "For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ."

Oh, so now I'm a liar and a fake, am I? That's some "Christian love" for ya

14 "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."

Equating me with Satan huh? Nice touch

15 "It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve."

And what exactly do I deserve?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 27-06-2017, 03:18 AM
jro5139 jro5139 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 491
 
I was raised a Christian, but I don't identify with any religion now. I'm still a big fan of Jesus, just not religion. I'm not a fan of Yahweh/ god of the old testament though. He did too many evil things. Telling people to beat their slaves and that your wife is your property and stuff. Even the story of God telling Abraham to sacrifice his son doesn't sound right to me, you can say he didn't do it, but he puts him on the alter and was going to, the emotional damage this act alone would do to a child is reason enough not to do it. Would a being that loves you really do that? I can't see why.

Anyway, I don't think there is one religion with the ultimate truth, and I have searched through a lot of them. I think to get to the truth, you have to put them all together and weed out the false parts.
From what I understand, a lot of these so called polytheism religions also believe that we are all actually one. Therefore, the various Gods could be considered aspects of the same God and all one. Puts a different spin on it when you think about it like that.

As far as Christianity, I think there's a lot of truth in it and a lot of false. As I understand, before Constantine condensed it, there were a lot of different sects and opinions on who and what Jesus was. Constantine molded it and cut out the stuff that didn't fit in with his agenda. And his agenda was political, as most things are. It was about controlling people and pushing a certain agenda. With a lot of it, I think Jesus would be appalled.

I think I watched the video you mentioned. I appreciate his opinion, especially on Jesus, however, he also thinks that a lot of things are evil, like if you open your third eye or use Astrology or Tarot.
My third eye was opened before I had any idea what was going on or what any of that stuff was about. So my issue is, if it's evil than why would it be something that happens naturally? Why would we have these abilities at all if we are not supposed to use them? I was taught this stuff is evil, but now I just think these things are tools. Tools that were given to us to use. Astrology and Tarot are just tools, just like money is a tool. Money is a man made tool and Astrology or Tarot is a God given tool. They are no more evil than money in and of itself is evil. Money is neutral, it is just an object. It can be used for evil, or it can be used for great good. It's all about the intention of the user, not the thing itself. So I've come to view these things as simply tools, but my mother would say I'm going to hell for using them. I don't believe in hell either, at least not the supposed Christian hell.

As for Jesus saying He is the only way, I believe He may have been the only one at that time that could get that close to God or hold that much power or greatness to interact with God. I think it has something to do with this, but I'll have to research this more to better understand that. I don't think it means that if you're a Buddhist, for example, you're wrong and going to hell. I would agree that Jesus likely studied in India and possibly more places.

Also, I think some things we were warned about, such as consorting with entities. I think it's because there is a reason to be cautious and not do these things unless you understand what you are doing, there are certainly entities that are not going to care about your best interests. But that's not because these things in themselves (like channeling or Astrology) are evil, but because we need to understand what we are dealing with before we let things in and consort with them.
__________________
"Never let your fear decide your fate"

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 27-06-2017, 04:35 AM
charly233 charly233 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 300
 
For me Jesus is not the only way. But the notion of Christ is a metaphor pointing towards THE way which is nameless and un-namable. Everyone is invited to travel along this nameless way that is a realization of what could be called Christ consciousness. Nevertheless there is something very special about Jesus which is very dear to my heart. Jesus is said to have said I am the way. The I am refers not to Jesus as a personality but to universal christ consciousness. Not to the word "christ" but to the spiritual reality that the word points towards. There are many pointers towards the way that is no way.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 27-06-2017, 05:45 AM
Green Tree Green Tree is offline
Knower
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 166
  Green Tree's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
I think I watched the video you mentioned. I appreciate his opinion, especially on Jesus, however, he also thinks that a lot of things are evil, like if you open your third eye or use Astrology or Tarot....

Also, I think some things we were warned about, such as consorting with entities. I think it's because there is a reason to be cautious and not do these things unless you understand what you are doing...

I didn't particularly resonate with the video, due mainly to it's one sided views against plant medicines. I don't use astrology or tarot because they are not useful tools on my path.

As far as "consorting with entities" goes... Those entities live within us, and if they're negative or harmful then they must be met and dealt with.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 27-06-2017, 05:47 AM
Green Tree Green Tree is offline
Knower
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 166
  Green Tree's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
For me Jesus is not the only way. But the notion of Christ is a metaphor pointing towards THE way which is nameless and un-namable. Everyone is invited to travel along this nameless way that is a realization of what could be called Christ consciousness. Nevertheless there is something very special about Jesus which is very dear to my heart. Jesus is said to have said I am the way. The I am refers not to Jesus as a personality but to universal christ consciousness. Not to the word "christ" but to the spiritual reality that the word points towards. There are many pointers towards the way that is no way.

EVERYTHING YOU SAID
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 27-06-2017, 08:15 AM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,184
 
Originally Posted by*kjw47

...Enter through the narrow gate( one path)...

Entering through a gate narrow or wide can lead you to many paths, it depends on the layout of the area
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 27-06-2017, 09:52 AM
shoni7510 shoni7510 is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 5,482
  shoni7510's Avatar
The way I see it religion is there for a purpose of guiding people about spiritual matters and there are many religions doing a good job about that. Think of it as one big pizza which is cut into slices, each with a different flavour than the other but one pizza. We need to grow and evolve beyond a religion and start to integrate our knowledge and experiences and realize that there is only one God, the pizza with many slices. If we can do this then we have evolved.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 27-06-2017, 05:22 PM
jojo50 jojo50 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 296
  jojo50's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tree
Do you believe Jesus is the only way? If so, why?
What is to become of people who walk a path apart from Christianity?

i don't believe, i know!, because Jehovah God sent Jesus NOT only to die so that we MAY have a chance to eternal life ,(John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved).

but he was also sent to guide us in the ways of which to walk ,(1Pet.2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps). see also (John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world).

Jesus told us to keep on the watch, (Matt. 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak). meaning make sure we're trying to live accordingly to his Father's "WILL" ,(Matt. 7:21).

this way we will make it through the great war of Armageddon ,(Rev. 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty).

see (Rev. 16:15,16 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon).

it's NOT just about being a "Christian", it's about trying to be a "TRUE CHRISTIAN", or a true follower of Jesus. which would make them a true servant of the God Jehovah ,(Exo. 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them), there's a difference.

many "Christians" will share the same faith as those who refuse to obey Jehovah God and Jesus words from his Father ,(John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me).

so those who refuse to TRULY FOLLOW Jesus, be it "Christians" or not, will be destroyed! (Matt. 7:22,23 ,Psa. 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth).

see also, (Matt. 24:37-29 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be). peace
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums