Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 27-06-2017, 06:37 PM
Baile Baile is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,184
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Shaw
To sum it up, "like attracts like" means to keep positive and optimistic through monitoring self talk and adopting an "optimistic" explanatory style concerning adversity. This optimism allows your inner resources (and universal mind) to work on your behalf instead of shutting down or sterring you toward more helplessness and despair. Sorry to be so long winded. Sincerely,
Dr. Shaw
Not at all long-winded, and this point -- "optimistic" explanatory style concerning adversity, and optimism in general -- cannot be overstated. It becomes the higher self directive. That optimism is like sunshine to a plant.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 27-06-2017, 08:09 PM
Serenitycouragewisdom Serenitycouragewisdom is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 5
 
I agree with like attracts like, such as with people we tend to attract other like minded people and that negative behaviour will attract negative things, but I don't believe that something like worrying about like finances and sending these thoughts into the universe will stop the situation from improving. It's our actions that do that. I believe that our higher power/universe/God(as we each understand him) has a plan for us so if you finances are meant to improve they will but we need to do the footwork or it will take a lot longer than its supposed to. So if you have certain worries in life and all you do is focus on them rather than try to think of solutions to your improve the situation then it's gonna be a long miserable journey but focusing on solutions is empowering and can help that journey go a little faster
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 27-06-2017, 10:36 PM
jro5139 jro5139 is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 744
 
"Like attracts like with people".. I only agree with that to a certain extent. The people that I choose to be around, my friends, tend to be the most like- minded to me. But the people that I get stuck with (lol) like family, co- workers, neighbors, etc.. tend to, at times, have great differences. What I have noticed is those differences usually lead to important lessons. If everyone was exactly like you, what would you learn from that? So I would say, those differences are there for a reason.

If worrying attracted more worrying than that, to me, sounds like a punishment. Particularly because a lot of worry is just a human reaction. And some stuff, naturally you are going to worry about. For example, if you got fired and had unpaid bills... of course you are going to worry to some extent. Or a better example, if your child became ill, of course, you are going to worry. I don't believe any universe or God is going to punish us for worrying about stuff that it is perfectly natural to worry about.
Of course, you may do affirmations or pray or whatever you do towards the said problem and maybe that would ease your mind some, but depending on the problem, you may still have some level of worry.

I think an issue with the loa may be that it is a bit too simplified. To just say "like attracts like (period)" doesn't explain the course of life to me. Than if you say "but I still have problems" the answer is that your vibration is too low, that's always the answer given even though they don't know what your vibration is. Personally, I had a major vibration raise and it's stayed relatively high since, however, I still have problems. But if I bring that up, the answer is always "your vibration is too low".

So I think there is something to positive thinking to a certain extent. But I don't think it is going to solve everything or every problem that comes along, and then, there is some stuff that seems like it's just meant to happen a certain way. The loa doesn't allow for that though, because according to loa, we control everything by what we think, so there is no other intervention or interference going on.
__________________
"Never let your fear decide your fate"

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 28-06-2017, 07:33 AM
Patrycia-Rose Patrycia-Rose is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK - South West
Posts: 476
  Patrycia-Rose's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
If the consciousness is attuned to the lower self desire, the outcome may be something it doesn't perceive as successful and fulfilling. That's the starting point of that next-level dialogue: higher self attunement as it pertains to this LOA process.

OK, so how does one go about raising this to the next level, higher self? Following my common sense example of the seed, could you give me a couple of examples of how thinking would be on a higher self level?
__________________
A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. Bruce Lee.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 28-06-2017, 07:35 AM
Patrycia-Rose Patrycia-Rose is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: UK - South West
Posts: 476
  Patrycia-Rose's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
Personally, I had a major vibration raise and it's stayed relatively high since, however, I still have problems. But if I bring that up, the answer is always "your vibration is too low".

A lot of what you say makes sense to me. I'd like to ask how did you have your major vibration rise?
__________________
A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. Bruce Lee.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 28-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Baile Baile is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,184
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
OK, so how does one go about raising this to the next level, higher self? Following my common sense example of the seed, could you give me a couple of examples of how thinking would be on a higher self level?
It's a good question. I have had several direct higher self metaphysical experiences. I'm aware then that some higher aspect of my soul-self exists in Spirit and endeavors to assist me, and guide me towards my higher soul ideals. For those who have not had a conscious experience of this higher self interaction process, it can seem like "higher self" is just more spiritual new-age mumbo-jumbo.

Spirituality is a practical path, a human path. And Dr. Shaw revealed one of the foundation secrets with regards to this topic of evolving higher self awareness: optimism.

An indication one has connected with higher self awareness is how joyful, loving and grateful one is in life. It is out of that gratitude for life and existence that optimism is born. That is not to say that life is always going to turn out perfectly. But when things don't go as planned, it is one's optimism that rises to the surface at such times. One's belief that it's just a momentary setback. One's understanding that the path to success often requires failure. One's thankfulness for whatever it is they're experiencing and being shown, even the tough lessons.

This is a mindset and life outlook that one can nurture. It is a discipline, a learned talent. It requires developing a kind of moral integrity: making the conscious choice to be a beacon of light and love and optimism in this world. Every esoteric path speaks of this soul-instruction quest, as do many religious paths. The Buddhist eight-fold path is one example.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 28-06-2017, 04:06 PM
SaturninePluto SaturninePluto is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North East united States
Posts: 1,025
  SaturninePluto's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
"Like attracts like with people".. I only agree with that to a certain extent. The people that I choose to be around, my friends, tend to be the most like- minded to me. But the people that I get stuck with (lol) like family, co- workers, neighbors, etc.. tend to, at times, have great differences. What I have noticed is those differences usually lead to important lessons. If everyone was exactly like you, what would you learn from that? So I would say, those differences are there for a reason.

If worrying attracted more worrying than that, to me, sounds like a punishment. Particularly because a lot of worry is just a human reaction. And some stuff, naturally you are going to worry about. For example, if you got fired and had unpaid bills... of course you are going to worry to some extent. Or a better example, if your child became ill, of course, you are going to worry. I don't believe any universe or God is going to punish us for worrying about stuff that it is perfectly natural to worry about.
Of course, you may do affirmations or pray or whatever you do towards the said problem and maybe that would ease your mind some, but depending on the problem, you may still have some level of worry.

I think an issue with the loa may be that it is a bit too simplified. To just say "like attracts like (period)" doesn't explain the course of life to me. Than if you say "but I still have problems" the answer is that your vibration is too low, that's always the answer given even though they don't know what your vibration is. Personally, I had a major vibration raise and it's stayed relatively high since, however, I still have problems. But if I bring that up, the answer is always "your vibration is too low".

So I think there is something to positive thinking to a certain extent. But I don't think it is going to solve everything or every problem that comes along, and then, there is some stuff that seems like it's just meant to happen a certain way. The loa doesn't allow for that though, because according to loa, we control everything by what we think, so there is no other intervention or interference going on.

I agree here with very much of what you wrote here jro, and also would like to expand on some of this if I may.

I agree very much with what you wrote here on more difficult relationships, family, co-workers and yes even partners. Personally my greatest most loyal family and friendships are with those who I do not always completely get on with 100 percent. We argue, we yell at eachother we get irritated by each others personalities, and I wouldn't Change This For The World! I have learned so very much about myself and others, and especially dealing with others from relationships of any type where the personalities are incredibly different. I cherish these differences. While I have some like minded individuals whom are friends, and I indeed can learn much from them as well, I find my most difficult relationships can be most profound.

What you said about worrying and attracting worry to seem a punishment- yes you have a very valid point, however what are we really doing when we sit and dwell and worry? We are in a state of worrying when we should be in a place that yes we should never feel guilty about worrying as it is truly natural but also we must not stay in a rut of worry- but we must act. Because we do indeed have to tackle the problem, we think clearer when in action when we are in a state of optimism, like was said here, as it gives us our very own strength and means of support that stems from our own refusal to think negatively, but to choose (Yes it is a choice) to adopt a more positive, action geared and supportive (from self) way of thinking. But yes I agree here as well, we should not as human beings ever condemn ourselves for worrying or any other negative emotion really. Then we come from a place of self love, and healthy respect, when we do not condemn and judge ourselves. I believe the same as you, in a God who would never condemn any species for something which is natural to them, or for anything really.

Yes I hear you entirely on the "You must raise your vibrations" comments most arbitrarily thrown around. To you all here I am a perfect stranger. My vibrations are high enough as far as I am concerned and I know this to be true because I can not fathom how anyone could portray to know or rather assume how spiritual one is, having knowing not thing one about them.

When I see these comments directed at myself and others, I simply scroll by them most often. They to me are indeed irrelevant and roll right off my back, because as a common sense individual, I realize no one here or elsewhere actually knows how spiritual others are, whether myself or others.

I find it incredibly disrespectful at times, many assume as opposed to honestly ask the person how they feel about the subject.

I do hold faith that yes like attracts like, I hold to many beliefs. It is difficult to find people who understand me, as I am incredibly open minded and give many concepts and faiths a chance. I am the type to factor that indeed nothing is impossible unto me or any other- it becomes impossible when we doubt, when we criticize, when we point and laugh. I have witnessed many an incredible thing happen throughout my years, based on sheer faith and will alone.

So I do believe like attracts like. I know for fact us as human beings have problems- I view problems as a way of testing my own strength and a obvious call to action, and to go about to solve them- with yes optimism.
__________________
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Yours In Retrospect, The Universe.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 28-06-2017, 10:11 PM
jro5139 jro5139 is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 744
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
A lot of what you say makes sense to me. I'd like to ask how did you have your major vibration rise?

It came after an incredible amount of self work, also known as shadow work and a total willingness to face inner demons and problems. I was only trying to eradicate my issues and negative patterns, and it was quite unexpected.

I've had direct contact with my Higher Self as well, and direct contact with higher entities who wish to help us. And yes, even now things still can get me down for a moment, the difference is, I pull myself out of it much quicker and I KNOW there is a higher plan and I'm not here to fail.
__________________
"Never let your fear decide your fate"

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 28-06-2017, 10:30 PM
jro5139 jro5139 is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 744
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I agree here with very much of what you wrote here jro, and also would like to expand on some of this if I may.

I agree very much with what you wrote here on more difficult relationships, family, co-workers and yes even partners. Personally my greatest most loyal family and friendships are with those who I do not always completely get on with 100 percent. We argue, we yell at eachother we get irritated by each others personalities, and I wouldn't Change This For The World! I have learned so very much about myself and others, and especially dealing with others from relationships of any type where the personalities are incredibly different. I cherish these differences. While I have some like minded individuals whom are friends, and I indeed can learn much from them as well, I find my most difficult relationships can be most profound.

What you said about worrying and attracting worry to seem a punishment- yes you have a very valid point, however what are we really doing when we sit and dwell and worry? We are in a state of worrying when we should be in a place that yes we should never feel guilty about worrying as it is truly natural but also we must not stay in a rut of worry- but we must act. Because we do indeed have to tackle the problem, we think clearer when in action when we are in a state of optimism, like was said here, as it gives us our very own strength and means of support that stems from our own refusal to think negatively, but to choose (Yes it is a choice) to adopt a more positive, action geared and supportive (from self) way of thinking. But yes I agree here as well, we should not as human beings ever condemn ourselves for worrying or any other negative emotion really. Then we come from a place of self love, and healthy respect, when we do not condemn and judge ourselves. I believe the same as you, in a God who would never condemn any species for something which is natural to them, or for anything really.

Yes I hear you entirely on the "You must raise your vibrations" comments most arbitrarily thrown around. To you all here I am a perfect stranger. My vibrations are high enough as far as I am concerned and I know this to be true because I can not fathom how anyone could portray to know or rather assume how spiritual one is, having knowing not thing one about them.

When I see these comments directed at myself and others, I simply scroll by them most often. They to me are indeed irrelevant and roll right off my back, because as a common sense individual, I realize no one here or elsewhere actually knows how spiritual others are, whether myself or others.

I find it incredibly disrespectful at times, many assume as opposed to honestly ask the person how they feel about the subject.

I do hold faith that yes like attracts like, I hold to many beliefs. It is difficult to find people who understand me, as I am incredibly open minded and give many concepts and faiths a chance. I am the type to factor that indeed nothing is impossible unto me or any other- it becomes impossible when we doubt, when we criticize, when we point and laugh. I have witnessed many an incredible thing happen throughout my years, based on sheer faith and will alone.

So I do believe like attracts like. I know for fact us as human beings have problems- I view problems as a way of testing my own strength and a obvious call to action, and to go about to solve them- with yes optimism.

I so agree, especially about putting in the effort. After all if you just sit around and cry about something and don't attempt to change it, than you can blame yourself for nothing changing. Putting in the effort is key and once you've done that, if things don't change then there is no reason to beat yourself up or feel bad about yourself since you did all you could do.
I also have experienced putting in a tremendous effort and seeing no results (at the time or right away at least) and what I feel is that when this happens it not because we are masochists who want to torture ourselves, but that there is a Divine Will involved which wishes us to learn things one way first and get to a certain level of understanding before we can just have and live however we want.
Of course this involves the belief in something beyond ourselves, which some may or may not accept. The LOA seems to say that everything is of ourselves, but I have also experienced nothing short of Divine Intervention, which came from a higher knowing then myself or what I could have known would happen at the time.
It also seems that some believe anything negative which we experience has to come from ourselves. I don't believe this either when it comes to spirits, entities or people, and we have discussed why in other threads.
I also agree though that miraculous things can happen with no explanation, and if you ask any nurse or doctor, many will tell you they have seen things they can't explain. So I agree about faith and belief as well.
__________________
"Never let your fear decide your fate"

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 29-06-2017, 05:54 PM
Dr. Shaw Dr. Shaw is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 23
 
Well put, I agree! Dr. Shaw
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums