Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 17-06-2017, 05:46 PM
FrankieJG

Am i a maladaptive daydreamer or a creator ?

I started day dreaming when I was about 5. Since LOA talks alot about visualization I thought my daydreaming ability is a good thing. I have attracted certain things that I day dreamed/visualized about,however not all. My day dreams haven't affected my life in a bad way ,yes I am not productive but I would work hard for something that I love.When I have nothing to do I would spend weeks and months just visualizing/daydreaming. I don't have a social life. I daydream about how my relationships with people need to be, or else how my life should be ,which seems like visualization but I am no sure. I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing,whether i am visualizing or daydreaming. Who am I? Am I a creator or a maladaptive daydreamer?
Old 18-06-2017, 02:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
I started day dreaming when I was about 5. Since LOA talks alot about visualization I thought my daydreaming ability is a good thing. I have attracted certain things that I day dreamed/visualized about,however not all. My day dreams haven't affected my life in a bad way ,yes I am not productive but I would work hard for something that I love.When I have nothing to do I would spend weeks and months just visualizing/daydreaming. I don't have a social life. I daydream about how my relationships with people need to be, or else how my life should be ,which seems like visualization but I am no sure. I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing,whether i am visualizing or daydreaming. Who am I? Am I a creator or a maladaptive daydreamer?

There is not too big of a difference between daydreaming as you put it and visualization. Both stem from the imagination, they are indeed the very same thing, from the same source, the mind.

What would make an ordinary daydream or visualization extraordinary is when we instead of merely dreaming or visualizing, we empower what it is we are visualizing, by quieting the mind as much as we possibly can and adding power to the visualization by becoming ourselves a part of it. This then is called envisioning.

As to whether or not you find your ability to manifest productive or not, is entirely up to you. What matters here is your own perspective, not that of others.

Really it would only be maladaptive if you consider it to be so. If you are happy with it or not is what matters, not what others here tell you.

I currently am struggling a bit with my own thoughts on my ability to manifest and create realities. But I worry not about myself daydreaming, as I am very well aware I do. No I am more currently concerned with coming to a decision about whether my own manifesting is too self serving or not. That is what I have been pondering as of late. And I will continue to wonder on this until I find my own answers.

What matters is how you feel dear Frankie about your daydreaming or visualizations. Others will not be able to take responsibility and make your decisions for you.

But no, I personally do not think daydreaming a bit is maladaptive in and of itself.

It may become maladaptive when instead of owning to and facing reality we avoid it, that may be when it is capable of becoming more of a problem. But from what I have read in your starting post, your behavior does not necessarily as is seem out of the ordinary, or maladaptive.

Blessings.
Old 18-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Ascender

Daydreaming without action will not accomplish anything. If you want to accomplish something, put action behind it.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Old 11-07-2017, 11:05 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
You could be a Seer of sorts and depends on where you focus that energy I can say this you are definitely a natural when it comes to meditation. Your so called daydreaming is a good thing, find your purpose and the path to achieving it if you haven't already and true happiness awaits you if you haven't found it already. Make sure to let like minded people know what you are being told in silence by that inner voice. My joy is in a certain people realising who they really are stay blessed.
Old 23-10-2017, 05:30 PM
Master
me 2 day dream nite dream arvo nap dream

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔