Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 17-06-2017, 12:16 AM
Master

company layoffs

this one is out of left field... usually when I dream of work it just seems to be sorting out the day... real coworkers populate those. In this one most of the characters are knew...

So I was with some coworkers, we were in a room talking and there were computer monitors around, I noticed a camera behind one of the monitors but didn't think much of it as it was just our favorite intelligence agency monitoring things. Later I was going to show someone the camera but it had been removed, but I could show them the cables that went to it because they were dangling down from the ceiling.

Anyway it turns out that the higher ups in this company wanted to save money so they were going to get rid of people. A few were cut immediately, then they had a list of all the rest of us with notes on us, I noticed I was in a couple of rows on the list 'holier than thou' and 'sweaty' so I knew I would be cut. Holier than though i got why people are used to thinking that way although at least for the moment it isn't a correct label... I remember thinking life is so unfair that people get to think whatever they want and I have to bear the brunt of the punishment for it.

They were going to have us dress up for interviews I guess to present the case for why we should remain. I think we were supposed to wear double-breasted suits or something. At that point i already knew I was just going to forestall the interviews and quit. But meanwhile I was talking to the main boss and he had a hammer, he was happy in the way people get when they think they've got me figured out and they are going to mete out a random punishment for whatever idle thought they have come up with about me... so he was threatening to hit my left leg with the hammer, I was sitting on something swinging my legs anyway. I said go ahead and he let loose with the hammer; I didn't bat an eye and just waited for the pain but at the last minute he changed its course and didn't hit me. Then he decided he was going to not call me 'holier than though' but call me 'stoic' instead. Seemed like he thought a little more highly of me after that lol! Didn't matter I was still quitting.

After that I had left the building but I came back in to tender my resignation, the facade with the doors had been changed and the doors were smaller. Everyone had to go up to some counters kind of like a bank teller counters to get passes to enter the building but instead I went around to the side and asked how do I resign? I don't remember much after that but do remember at some point being in the corridor near the boss's office and thinking this isn't good I shouldn't be caught here. There was someone with me at that point but I broke some ornament that was on the floor, then we scrambled to get out of the area... turns out there were more of those ornaments in nearby halls... I think we saw the boss down one of the halls but avoided him by going another direction..

any ideas?
Old 17-06-2017, 01:43 AM
Deactivated Account
Going to unpick this one a bit at a time. If other's want to take it further please do.

"In this one most of the characters are knew"

Nice Freudian slip, not to be dismissed out of hand. I think that although the people don't reflect real people you know in waking life, they are not strangers to you. They reflect known parts of your totality.

"there were computer monitors around, I noticed a camera behind one of the monitors"

Monitors are outputs of information. Cameras are recorders of information. A camera behind a monitor is something that is recording what you're seeing (from behind). You don't take much notice as you are used to it. This sets the scene of the dream...

"Later I was going to show someone the camera but it had been removed"

You want to show someone that you're being watched but the direct evidence is missing. All you are left with is the indirect evidence. This might reflect that you struggle to back up observation with concrete evidence. It might reflect that you don't feel believed. It might reflect other things...

I could show them the cables that went to it because they were dangling down from the ceiling.

Reality starts from the ground up. The ceiling represents the limit of our understanding. Wires dangling down (from the limit of your understanding) but not reaching the ground mean that you're attempting to understand something beyond what you have experienced (know). A disconnected circuit reinforces this image since the information cannot flow.

Anyway it turns out that the higher ups in this company wanted to save money so they were going to get rid of people.

The higher ups, great word play, represent God, or, your higher (true) self. People in dreams represent aspects of yourself. So, that means you're getting closer to yourself but it's not without some pain as you discard those aspects that don't truly represent you.

A few were cut immediately, then they had a list of all the rest of us with notes on us

Some aspects are easier to cut than others. Other aspects of yourself might have valuable parts that can synchronise with the whole but only under certain conditions (the notes).

I noticed I was in a couple of rows on the list 'holier than thou' and 'sweaty'

These are negative images of yourself that need to be dropped (or laid off) in order for the whole business (you) to be complete.

although at least for the moment it isn't a correct label

You instinctively know that these negative aspects of yourself don't reflect the real you, but you are getting stuck with the outside view of you.

bear the brunt of the punishment for it.

More great wordplay. Bearing something in a dream is like bearing it in life. It is a burden that weighs you down. These negative images of yourself are a burden. You need to put them down and stand tall. It is this burden that is punishing you, not life.

They were going to have us dress up for interviews I guess to present the case for why we should remain.

So, you're going to put positive spin on the damaging aspects of yourself in a bid to try and save them from being pruned. Letting go of destructive images of yourself is painful because you are attached to them. You've invested energy into them and don't want to accept that energy was wasted. You'll continue to waste energy until you cut your losses. This shouldn't seem like a loss in total because these negative images are not helping you but hindering you.

I think we were supposed to wear double-breasted suits or something.

A suit is a facade we wear to increase our perceived status. I wonder, are you a woman? If so, your double-breasted suit might reflect your own body self image. Maybe your negative aspects are tangled up with a negative self image. I'm curious what the next part of the dream will be because it will hold the solution to your dilemma.

At that point i already knew I was just going to forestall the interviews and quit.

Brilliant wordplay. The challenge seems insurmountable and you doubt you'll overcome it. You want to forestall. Fore means before/ahead of. Stall means not being able to climb. What are you climbing? Interviews. Brilliant. Inter - means between. View means looking. I suggest it means you're looking into yourself and struggling to choose which aspects you will choose between.

This part of the dream was crucial because it defines exactly what the problem is. Now for the solution, I'm hooked

meanwhile I was talking to the main boss

Wordplay. Meanwhile. Oooh. This is going to take a dark twist as implied by the word mean.

The boss is an authority that pushes you. Possibly reflecting peer pressure or societal stereotypes.

mete out a random punishment for whatever idle thought they have come up with

Ok, so your negative aspects have random (unforeseen) consequences. Idle thought represents how you're not yet evolving in your understanding or clinging onto unconscious ideas.

so he was threatening to hit my left leg with the hammer, I was sitting on something swinging my legs anyway.

Threat is a forewarning of consequence. Not guaranteed to happen. Just threatening to. You need both your legs to stand tall. Ahhh. So, the burdens you're holding that are weighing you down might do permanent damage, thereby making it impossible for you to later shed them. These negative images you have of yourself are doing real damage to your life.

You're swinging your legs. This shows you're not in any rush to go anywhere and happy just to swing (go here and there and back again). By not standing you're not taking responsibility for your reality. You don't recognise this threat as it threatens to cobble you. Simply put, your unresolved negative images are getting close to causing permanent consequences that will hinder your ability to later resolve them. You've held onto these negative images for so long they're threatening to being real and permanent parts of your personality - like the spiritual version of a disability.

I said go ahead and he let loose with the hammer

You're not taking this threat seriously and even daring it to do its stuff. Wordplay again. Let loose. What is loose are the consequences.

I didn't bat an eye and just waited for the pain but at the last minute he changed its course and didn't hit me.

Wow. What a lovely twist that forces me to reinterpret the whole dream. So, the threat either wasn't real or it was just a warning. Either you saw past the illusion or ignored the warning and got lucky. I wonder which. Hopefully the next part will tell us.

There's also wordplay in the batting of your eye. Meaning that you are not actually hiding from this, just choosing not to act. You are aware of it but for some reason not doing anything about it.

Then he decided he was going to not call me 'holier than though' but call me 'stoic' instead.

I love this. Ok, so I was suggesting that you discard your negative aspects but what you're doing is much better. You're transmuting those negative aspects into strengths. That's so much better.

Seemed like he thought a little more highly of me after that lol!

Wordplay again. Thought highly. Meaning you've reached a higher viewpoint of yourself.

Didn't matter I was still quitting.

Noooooooo! Lol, maybe there's a deeper lesson here after all...

After that I had left the building but I came back in to tender my resignation

Leaving the building simply means to leave your personality. I.e. to take a rest from your individuation for a bit. This is a tactic to take perspective. When you come back you "tender" your "resignation".

Very interesting wordplay. Tender means to be kind. Resignation means to be resigned to. Meaning to accept. Are you accepting a more tender part of yourself and refusing the harder you? I wonder...

the facade with the doors had been changed and the doors were smaller.

The fact you actually call it a facade demonstrates how much you understand this system you've been stuck in is an illusion.

Maybe the doors have become smaller because you have outgrown them.

Everyone had to go up to some counters kind of like a bank teller counters to get passes to enter the building

The other aspects of yourself need to be processed to fit into this old model (or old system). They don't fit perfectly either. Maybe as you've grown you've recognised there's more to these other aspects than you saw before. Interesting...

instead I went around to the side and asked how do I resign?

Directions in dreams represent direction of development. Forward means growth. Backwards means review. Sides represent waypoints where we wait or branch out without developing or reviewing.

You're not sure if you can accept (resign) the loss or transmutation of your negative aspects after all. You're don't need to review your decision so aren't walking away (back) but aren't developing either (forward).

Maybe the problem is you see your way forward here as entering the building. What does it matter if you formally resign? If you never return they'll get the message. But you're still attached to the process that led to your negative selves (highlighted by the camera's at the beginning - how people see you). This process is making it hard for you to actually accept the new (true) you.

I don't remember much after that but do remember at some point being in the corridor near the boss's office and thinking this isn't good I shouldn't be caught here.

When a dream starts to break down like this the main lesson has been presented already. If you still haven't got the message then there are diminishing returns in repeating it. This causes the dream to diminish.

But, one point of hope is the corridor. A corridor represents a sequence of events without choices. This means that as you traverse this sequence you can either continue, stop or go back. But you can't branch off to the sides. This is the moment of truth for you warning you what will happen if you don't break away from the system that caused the negative aspects in the first place. You're trying to resolve the situation here but it isn't in the nature of limiting systems to free you for growth. You're placing your trust in the wrong place and it's limiting your choices.

You could be caught simply means reality might catch up with you.

There was someone with me at that point but I broke some ornament that was on the floor, then we scrambled to get out of the area

That someone, is you. They hover just behind your shoulder. That is the best friend you will have and have ever had.

The ornament is just there for show. It doesn't have a practical use. Scrambling is more wordplay. Showing that the way back is tricky. So, maybe you've realised now that the old system can't be resolved but you're hooked into it and it's difficult to extract yourself again.

turns out there were more of those ornaments in nearby halls

These represent distractions. The halls are large areas you can get lost in if you get caught up in those distractions. I bet if you went to look at one of the ornaments you'd find yourself inside it unable to find the way out.

I think we saw the boss down one of the halls but avoided him by going another direction

Wow. That's it. That's the solution. The old system itself is also a distraction. By recognising that you now know the way that is clear.

Summary:

Phew. What a marathon. So, you have certain negative images of yourself based on viewpoints other people have of you (or society has of you). You can't quite show this to yourself but know it's there.

As you discard or transmute these negative images the very thing that made them threatens to remake them but you now recognise that this very system (either your social circle or society in general) is itself a distraction, and if you try to reconcile yourself with it, it will consume you into a negative set of images. I.e. you can't please both society (or your social circle) and your true higher self. They are not compatible. If you try to "fit in", you'll end up imprisoning yourself into the system that monitors you. E.g. you'll become brainwashed by memes - concepts about you that aren't you.

Whether you have a problem with this or not, you are more than those images of you. Even if you choose to live in that system (it may not be easily escaped) do don't have to define your self image based on the images others have of you. You're more than that.

The analogy I use is to be like a boat. All around the boat is chaos but the boat doesn't have to be chaos. You have choice. Navigate away from the storms to those waters that are calm. You don't have to abandon the boat.

Recognise that sometimes the boat will rock, but it isn't the boat that is chaos. The boat is effected by chaos but has the ability to be effected by calm. So, choose your direction carefully, and navigate well
Old 17-06-2017, 01:50 AM
Suspended
it's a website that you are thinking about quitting because the bosses are getting involved with the members & choosing who they like & who they don't like.
Old 17-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Master
i enjoyed reading your post Aaron Lowe.
Old 17-06-2017, 02:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Lowe
Going to unpick this one a bit at a time. If other's want to take it further please do.

"In this one most of the characters are knew"

Nice Freudian slip, not to be dismissed out of hand. I think that although the people don't reflect real people you know in waking life, they are not strangers to you. They reflect known parts of your totality.

"there were computer monitors around, I noticed a camera behind one of the monitors"

Monitors are outputs of information. Cameras are recorders of information. A camera behind a monitor is something that is recording what you're seeing (from behind). You don't take much notice as you are used to it. This sets the scene of the dream...

"Later I was going to show someone the camera but it had been removed"

You want to show someone that you're being watched but the direct evidence is missing. All you are left with is the indirect evidence. This might reflect that you struggle to back up observation with concrete evidence. It might reflect that you don't feel believed. It might reflect other things...

I could show them the cables that went to it because they were dangling down from the ceiling.

Reality starts from the ground up. The ceiling represents the limit of our understanding. Wires dangling down (from the limit of your understanding) but not reaching the ground mean that you're attempting to understand something beyond what you have experienced (know). A disconnected circuit reinforces this image since the information cannot flow.

Anyway it turns out that the higher ups in this company wanted to save money so they were going to get rid of people.

The higher ups, great word play, represent God, or, your higher (true) self. People in dreams represent aspects of yourself. So, that means you're getting closer to yourself but it's not without some pain as you discard those aspects that don't truly represent you.

A few were cut immediately, then they had a list of all the rest of us with notes on us

Some aspects are easier to cut than others. Other aspects of yourself might have valuable parts that can synchronise with the whole but only under certain conditions (the notes).

I noticed I was in a couple of rows on the list 'holier than thou' and 'sweaty'

These are negative images of yourself that need to be dropped (or laid off) in order for the whole business (you) to be complete.

although at least for the moment it isn't a correct label

You instinctively know that these negative aspects of yourself don't reflect the real you, but you are getting stuck with the outside view of you.

bear the brunt of the punishment for it.

More great wordplay. Bearing something in a dream is like bearing it in life. It is a burden that weighs you down. These negative images of yourself are a burden. You need to put them down and stand tall. It is this burden that is punishing you, not life.

They were going to have us dress up for interviews I guess to present the case for why we should remain.

So, you're going to put positive spin on the damaging aspects of yourself in a bid to try and save them from being pruned. Letting go of destructive images of yourself is painful because you are attached to them. You've invested energy into them and don't want to accept that energy was wasted. You'll continue to waste energy until you cut your losses. This shouldn't seem like a loss in total because these negative images are not helping you but hindering you.

I think we were supposed to wear double-breasted suits or something.

A suit is a facade we wear to increase our perceived status. I wonder, are you a woman? If so, your double-breasted suit might reflect your own body self image. Maybe your negative aspects are tangled up with a negative self image. I'm curious what the next part of the dream will be because it will hold the solution to your dilemma.

At that point i already knew I was just going to forestall the interviews and quit.

Brilliant wordplay. The challenge seems insurmountable and you doubt you'll overcome it. You want to forestall. Fore means before/ahead of. Stall means not being able to climb. What are you climbing? Interviews. Brilliant. Inter - means between. View means looking. I suggest it means you're looking into yourself and struggling to choose which aspects you will choose between.

This part of the dream was crucial because it defines exactly what the problem is. Now for the solution, I'm hooked

meanwhile I was talking to the main boss

Wordplay. Meanwhile. Oooh. This is going to take a dark twist as implied by the word mean.

The boss is an authority that pushes you. Possibly reflecting peer pressure or societal stereotypes.

mete out a random punishment for whatever idle thought they have come up with

Ok, so your negative aspects have random (unforeseen) consequences. Idle thought represents how you're not yet evolving in your understanding or clinging onto unconscious ideas.

so he was threatening to hit my left leg with the hammer, I was sitting on something swinging my legs anyway.

Threat is a forewarning of consequence. Not guaranteed to happen. Just threatening to. You need both your legs to stand tall. Ahhh. So, the burdens you're holding that are weighing you down might do permanent damage, thereby making it impossible for you to later shed them. These negative images you have of yourself are doing real damage to your life.

You're swinging your legs. This shows you're not in any rush to go anywhere and happy just to swing (go here and there and back again). By not standing you're not taking responsibility for your reality. You don't recognise this threat as it threatens to cobble you. Simply put, your unresolved negative images are getting close to causing permanent consequences that will hinder your ability to later resolve them. You've held onto these negative images for so long they're threatening to being real and permanent parts of your personality - like the spiritual version of a disability.

I said go ahead and he let loose with the hammer

You're not taking this threat seriously and even daring it to do its stuff. Wordplay again. Let loose. What is loose are the consequences.

I didn't bat an eye and just waited for the pain but at the last minute he changed its course and didn't hit me.

Wow. What a lovely twist that forces me to reinterpret the whole dream. So, the threat either wasn't real or it was just a warning. Either you saw past the illusion or ignored the warning and got lucky. I wonder which. Hopefully the next part will tell us.

There's also wordplay in the batting of your eye. Meaning that you are not actually hiding from this, just choosing not to act. You are aware of it but for some reason not doing anything about it.

Then he decided he was going to not call me 'holier than though' but call me 'stoic' instead.

I love this. Ok, so I was suggesting that you discard your negative aspects but what you're doing is much better. You're transmuting those negative aspects into strengths. That's so much better.

Seemed like he thought a little more highly of me after that lol!

Wordplay again. Thought highly. Meaning you've reached a higher viewpoint of yourself.

Didn't matter I was still quitting.

Noooooooo! Lol, maybe there's a deeper lesson here after all...

After that I had left the building but I came back in to tender my resignation

Leaving the building simply means to leave your personality. I.e. to take a rest from your individuation for a bit. This is a tactic to take perspective. When you come back you "tender" your "resignation".

Very interesting wordplay. Tender means to be kind. Resignation means to be resigned to. Meaning to accept. Are you accepting a more tender part of yourself and refusing the harder you? I wonder...

the facade with the doors had been changed and the doors were smaller.

The fact you actually call it a facade demonstrates how much you understand this system you've been stuck in is an illusion.

Maybe the doors have become smaller because you have outgrown them.

Everyone had to go up to some counters kind of like a bank teller counters to get passes to enter the building

The other aspects of yourself need to be processed to fit into this old model (or old system). They don't fit perfectly either. Maybe as you've grown you've recognised there's more to these other aspects than you saw before. Interesting...

instead I went around to the side and asked how do I resign?

Directions in dreams represent direction of development. Forward means growth. Backwards means review. Sides represent waypoints where we wait or branch out without developing or reviewing.

You're not sure if you can accept (resign) the loss or transmutation of your negative aspects after all. You're don't need to review your decision so aren't walking away (back) but aren't developing either (forward).

Maybe the problem is you see your way forward here as entering the building. What does it matter if you formally resign? If you never return they'll get the message. But you're still attached to the process that led to your negative selves (highlighted by the camera's at the beginning - how people see you). This process is making it hard for you to actually accept the new (true) you.

I don't remember much after that but do remember at some point being in the corridor near the boss's office and thinking this isn't good I shouldn't be caught here.

When a dream starts to break down like this the main lesson has been presented already. If you still haven't got the message then there are diminishing returns in repeating it. This causes the dream to diminish.

But, one point of hope is the corridor. A corridor represents a sequence of events without choices. This means that as you traverse this sequence you can either continue, stop or go back. But you can't branch off to the sides. This is the moment of truth for you warning you what will happen if you don't break away from the system that caused the negative aspects in the first place. You're trying to resolve the situation here but it isn't in the nature of limiting systems to free you for growth. You're placing your trust in the wrong place and it's limiting your choices.

You could be caught simply means reality might catch up with you.

There was someone with me at that point but I broke some ornament that was on the floor, then we scrambled to get out of the area

That someone, is you. They hover just behind your shoulder. That is the best friend you will have and have ever had.

The ornament is just there for show. It doesn't have a practical use. Scrambling is more wordplay. Showing that the way back is tricky. So, maybe you've realised now that the old system can't be resolved but you're hooked into it and it's difficult to extract yourself again.

turns out there were more of those ornaments in nearby halls

These represent distractions. The halls are large areas you can get lost in if you get caught up in those distractions. I bet if you went to look at one of the ornaments you'd find yourself inside it unable to find the way out.

I think we saw the boss down one of the halls but avoided him by going another direction

Wow. That's it. That's the solution. The old system itself is also a distraction. By recognising that you now know the way that is clear.

Summary:

Phew. What a marathon. So, you have certain negative images of yourself based on viewpoints other people have of you (or society has of you). You can't quite show this to yourself but know it's there.

As you discard or transmute these negative images the very thing that made them threatens to remake them but you now recognise that this very system (either your social circle or society in general) is itself a distraction, and if you try to reconcile yourself with it, it will consume you into a negative set of images. I.e. you can't please both society (or your social circle) and your true higher self. They are not compatible. If you try to "fit in", you'll end up imprisoning yourself into the system that monitors you. E.g. you'll become brainwashed by memes - concepts about you that aren't you.

Whether you have a problem with this or not, you are more than those images of you. Even if you choose to live in that system (it may not be easily escaped) do don't have to define your self image based on the images others have of you. You're more than that.

The analogy I use is to be like a boat. All around the boat is chaos but the boat doesn't have to be chaos. You have choice. Navigate away from the storms to those waters that are calm. You don't have to abandon the boat.

Recognise that sometimes the boat will rock, but it isn't the boat that is chaos. The boat is effected by chaos but has the ability to be effected by calm. So, choose your direction carefully, and navigate well

wow! That describes my situation really well