Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 16-06-2017, 10:07 PM
BlueSky BlueSky is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,616
  BlueSky's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunc
It's going to take a while for me to get back to you. My family and me are going on a holiday tomorrow. 5 days in Hong Kong and then 4 weeks in the beautiful Philippine islands. While in Hong Kong we plan to visit the big buddha statue and the nearby monastery. It's supposed to be the biggest buddha statue in the world.
Wow that really awesome! I hope you all have a great time.
Blessings
__________________
CHITTA VRITTI NIRODHA

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 22-06-2017, 03:39 AM
Buddharays Buddharays is offline
Knower
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: I live in Silver Spring, Maryland
Posts: 127
  Buddharays's Avatar
BlueSky,

Thank you for letting me know about this wonderful movies: The Life of The Shakyamuni Buddha. I watched the first three episodes with dubbing in Vietnamese. I really like and enjoy watching these movies very much. Thank you.

Best,
Tam
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 22-06-2017, 10:14 AM
AlwaysDayAfterYesterday AlwaysDayAfterYesterday is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 151
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
Greetings,
I wanted to share what for me was very inspirational and entertaining to watch recently.
It is a series that is currently on our Netflix called "Buddha".
There are a few different ones but this one is the one that is 55 episodes long, each of which are 45 minutes in length.
It was produced in 2013 and stars Himanshu Soni.
It takes you from before his birth to his death.
I learned so much more from this series than anything I've ever read about Buddhism before.
I found that answers to those things I never really got like renunciation and escetic life came to me thru the inspiration this series imparted in me.
It really felt like I was watching my life in many of the things he went thru. It also felt like he was there with me the whole time.
Obviously I loved it and I felt sharing such an extensive source of knowledge,wisdom and entertainment was a great thing to do for those who might also appreciate what it brings.
Enjoy and Have a great day!

I've been meaning to watch this, so I just stated it now after reading this. Have you seen Dharmakshetra on Netflix? It's a similar concept, but tries to show the details of the Mahabharata story through the eyes of a trial accusing the characters in the story of their faults of action. It makes you think more into the various elements of the story. You might also like the Mahabharata in a movie by Peter Brooks on Youtube. It's 4 hours long, but very well made, especially the scene with Krishna and Arjuna, then the end scene approaching the ladder of Heaven.

Arjuna and Krishna Conversation

youtu.be/_B4Z1PB97KY

FINAL SCENE

youtu.be/dVgBkfNu7k0?t=1h39m50s

There's another great movie set like this on Bodhidharma, but I can only find clips of it so far. I hope Netflix eventually carries it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 22-06-2017, 11:32 AM
BlueSky BlueSky is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,616
  BlueSky's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddharays
BlueSky,

Thank you for letting me know about this wonderful movies: The Life of The Shakyamuni Buddha. I watched the first three episodes with dubbing in Vietnamese. I really like and enjoy watching these movies very much. Thank you.

Best,
Tam
I'm so glad to hear that! I can't wait to see what you think 52 more episodes later. Enjoy!
__________________
CHITTA VRITTI NIRODHA

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 22-06-2017, 11:34 AM
BlueSky BlueSky is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,616
  BlueSky's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDayAfterYesterday
I've been meaning to watch this, so I just stated it now after reading this. Have you seen Dharmakshetra on Netflix? It's a similar concept, but tries to show the details of the Mahabharata story through the eyes of a trial accusing the characters in the story of their faults of action. It makes you think more into the various elements of the story. You might also like the Mahabharata in a movie by Peter Brooks on Youtube. It's 4 hours long, but very well made, especially the scene with Krishna and Arjuna, then the end scene approaching the ladder of Heaven.

Arjuna and Krishna Conversation

youtu.be/_B4Z1PB97KY

FINAL SCENE

youtu.be/dVgBkfNu7k0?t=1h39m50s

There's another great movie set like this on Bodhidharma, but I can only find clips of it so far. I hope Netflix eventually carries it.
Hi, yes I had seen the previews for that one but I wanted to continue absorbing the change and thoughts and feelings the Buddha series brought out in me.
Thanks to your post, I'm reminded to go back and check it out.
__________________
CHITTA VRITTI NIRODHA

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 22-06-2017, 12:00 PM
AlwaysDayAfterYesterday AlwaysDayAfterYesterday is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 151
 
Many people fail to realize that this story and the Hebrew Christ are the same story. Maya is the mother of Buddha. BUDH means to awaken and Maya is Illusion, or the cosmos birthing the Buddha (one being and many). You get this straight by reading Colossians 1:15-18, where The Son of God (BUDH) is born as the Cosmos, or all things (from the invisible God). While the Hebrew narrative is stated from the Male perspective, the Sanskrit is from the feminine perspective. Strength and Compassion are Fire and Water uniting to make relatives from the absolute. In the story, the Prince must choose to be a warrior, or a sage. He first chooses to be a sage, then promises to return to conquer the illusion and bring enlightenment to all. This is the Bodhisattva, or returning compassion to free people from suffering, which is the very story of Christ as the returning King. The Hebrews thought King David would return as a conquering prince. Instead, he returned as a child to become Prince of Peace. It's the same story. No difference.

Prajapati means Lord of People. BUDH means to awaken to truth (Sattva). Maya is the lower six realms of Time / Space, or the lower six dimensions. This is the lower Gunas of Rajas (passion / time) and Tamas (form / ignorance. Both Sanskrit and Hebrew are two sides of a three part language, with Greek / Latin comprising the Western (son) from both Father and Mother. Yama in Hebrew means, "Head West." Bodhidharma. In Sanskrit, Yama is the ruler of the underworld (Yahweh) and Satan is Mara. Manu is Mankind, or the Sanskrit word meaning, "To Think." Yama literally means, self-control, or what Yahweh was as ruler of the underworld for the Hebrews.

Put this together and all rulers, powers, thrones and authorities are in the Son (all of us). Again, this is found in Colossians 1:15-17. Rulers and thrones are Satan (conscience), Yahweh / Yama (Sub-conscious / underworld) and Manu as the conscious Jiva / Atman. Ishvara is the Lord collectively, or chariot driver. Each person is given the lordship of their own avatar (buddha body). We are each Kings. The essence of the entire story is to use the personifications as Yadims, or objects of veneration to see the truth behind the symbolism, eventually awakening (BUDH) to your higher nature as the one the stories are about.

As you watch, I hope this adds value to your own BUDH! Thank you for the thread. Maybe I should do a thread on this topic. I don't think many people realize this at all.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 22-06-2017, 12:34 PM
BlueSky BlueSky is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,616
  BlueSky's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDayAfterYesterday
Many people fail to realize that this story and the Hebrew Christ are the same story. Maya is the mother of Buddha. BUDH means to awaken and Maya is Illusion, or the cosmos birthing the Buddha (one being and many). You get this straight by reading Colossians 1:15-18, where The Son of God (BUDH) is born as the Cosmos, or all things (from the invisible God). While the Hebrew narrative is stated from the Male perspective, the Sanskrit is from the feminine perspective. Strength and Compassion are Fire and Water uniting to make relatives from the absolute. In the story, the Prince must choose to be a warrior, or a sage. He first chooses to be a sage, then promises to return to conquer the illusion and bring enlightenment to all. This is the Bodhisattva, or returning compassion to free people from suffering, which is the very story of Christ as the returning King. The Hebrews thought King David would return as a conquering prince. Instead, he returned as a child to become Prince of Peace. It's the same story. No difference.

Prajapati means Lord of People. BUDH means to awaken to truth (Sattva). Maya is the lower six realms of Time / Space, or the lower six dimensions. This is the lower Gunas of Rajas (passion / time) and Tamas (form / ignorance. Both Sanskrit and Hebrew are two sides of a three part language, with Greek / Latin comprising the Western (son) from both Father and Mother. Yama in Hebrew means, "Head West." Bodhidharma. In Sanskrit, Yama is the ruler of the underworld (Yahweh) and Satan is Mara. Manu is Mankind, or the Sanskrit word meaning, "To Think." Yama literally means, self-control, or what Yahweh was as ruler of the underworld for the Hebrews.

Put this together and all rulers, powers, thrones and authorities are in the Son (all of us). Again, this is found in Colossians 1:15-17. Rulers and thrones are Satan (conscience), Yahweh / Yama (Sub-conscious / underworld) and Manu as the conscious Jiva / Atman. Ishvara is the Lord collectively, or chariot driver. Each person is given the lordship of their own avatar (buddha body). We are each Kings. The essence of the entire story is to use the personifications as Yadims, or objects of veneration to see the truth behind the symbolism, eventually awakening (BUDH) to your higher nature as the one the stories are about.

As you watch, I hope this adds value to your own BUDH! Thank you for the thread. Maybe I should do a thread on this topic. I don't think many people realize this at all.

Hi there,

Yes, for me, when watching the series it was apparent that it is the same story as that of Jesus. I found myself trying to convince myself that this very observation, that the stories are the same, are reason to believe they are just stories. I think your explanation adds details that help to see that it is much more than a story and even if it is not historically correct, what survived the test of time is the message you outlined here. I especially resonated with this part:

“Each person is given the lordship of their own avatar (buddha body). We are each Kings. The essence of the entire story is to use the personifications as Yadims, or objects of veneration to see the truth behind the symbolism, eventually awakening (BUDH) to your higher nature as the one the stories are about.”

I learned so much from this series and as you alluded to, I had noticed that his mother’s name was Maya. I never knew that.

I also never knew the details behind why or how he was kept away from seeing disease, old age and death, so that was interesting and helpful for my understanding.

Again, regardless of if it was historically correct, it opened my eyes in the same way that the new testament opened my eyes about Jesus.

I walked away feeling like this story was about me and also that The Buddha in the story is with me.

If you start a new thread, please let me know………Thanks! Please feel free to use this thread. I would like that!
__________________
CHITTA VRITTI NIRODHA

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 22-06-2017, 01:27 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,158
 
I can see similarities between the story of Buddha and Jesus but I wouldn't say they are the same, many differences are there if you look deeply.

Buddhism definitely had some impact on the teachings of Jesus, these can be seen in the Gnostic Gospels, especially the Gospel Of Thomas.

All the great Master realised ' Oneness ' but explained it in their own way.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 22-06-2017, 01:33 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,158
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
Hi there,

Yes, for me, when watching the series it was apparent that it is the same story as that of Jesus. I found myself trying to convince myself that this very observation, that the stories are the same, are reason to believe they are just stories. I think your explanation adds details that help to see that it is much more than a story and even if it is not historically correct, what survived the test of time is the message you outlined here. I especially resonated with this part:

“Each person is given the lordship of their own avatar (buddha body). We are each Kings. The essence of the entire story is to use the personifications as Yadims, or objects of veneration to see the truth behind the symbolism, eventually awakening (BUDH) to your higher nature as the one the stories are about.”

I learned so much from this series and as you alluded to, I had noticed that his mother’s name was Maya. I never knew that.

I also never knew the details behind why or how he was kept away from seeing disease, old age and death, so that was interesting and helpful for my understanding.

Again, regardless of if it was historically correct, it opened my eyes in the same way that the new testament opened my eyes about Jesus.

I walked away feeling like this story was about me and also that The Buddha in the story is with me.

If you start a new thread, please let me know………Thanks! Please feel free to use this thread. I would like that!

The Buddha in the story is you.. as is Jesus in his story...
Buddha Nature, Christ Consciouness, all are one.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 22-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Ground Ground is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,003
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The Buddha in the story is you.. as is Jesus in his story...
Buddha Nature, Christ Consciouness, all are one.
The reason for this irrationality is just the conditioning through christian upbringing. People just cannot let go of that stuff.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums