Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 19-07-2017, 08:35 PM
WeRDivine WeRDivine is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 15
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eputkonen
No, there is no process occurring of increasing liberation, awakening, etc. Are you still trying to come to terms with 2 + 2 = 4? Are you still in process of realizing this? Process is an illusion...process means you are denying in some way or have not clearly seen...you either realize who/what you are...or you haven't yet.

There is no "beyond the Earth plan"...that is all duality - that "you" will continue to exist and there is a plan for "you". All the levels are duality...it is illusion. There is no awakening journey...that journey itself is the illusion of bondage.

I am awake...I am free and know I never was in bondage. This is called liberation. There is only the Self and I am That.

Quote:
I will admit that there can be insights along the way and some seem very profound. I have had many spiritual experiences and insights prior to awakening. I had the classical mystic experience in which you feel at one with everything. This temporary feeling of oneness could then be claimed as knowledge that we are all one, but oneness was not my day to day understanding. Be clear…I did not say day to day experience. I said day to day understanding. So although I could say I “knew” we were all one…I did not act like someone with that understanding. I was still very much trapped by the mirage of ego. The experience came and went, but I still felt I was a someone in the body/mind.

Some of these insights can also take you to very dark places. For example, if you realized that there really is not point or purpose to life. This is a realization one can have and it could cause someone to lose all desire and motivations. Some may even commit suicide…seeing life as pointless and not worth living. The problem is this passing experience or insight is glanced, but you still believe you are the ego. The ego can’t handle life without a point or purpose.

The point of life is to be happy, have fun, be whatever you want to be. I suggest be child-like in this playground we call earth. You'd love it. Root for a sports team, watch movies, jam out to any kind of music that makes you happy, go to Disney World. Stimulate your 5 senses. It is what they are there for.

And you are correct, that everything is all one.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 20-07-2017, 01:43 AM
Iamit Iamit is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Wales. u.k
Posts: 277
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eputkonen
Realization of who/what we are brings the end to suffering.

Let’s say you are locked in a dark room and you see a shape on the floor that looks like a snake. You would worry, fear, and basically suffer…all the while you are stuck in this dark room. But if the light was turned on for…but for a few seconds, you could see it is a piece rope. Then the light goes off again, and yet the fear and worry do not return. You have realized that what you are seeing is a piece of rope. It no longer fools you…even if the darkness returns.

There is no difficulty in living the recognition of the “snake” being a piece of rope. The difficulty lies in if it is not truly realized and it still remains unknown for what it truly really is. Instead you caught a glimpse of that shape in the light and it looked like it might not have been a snake…but the glimpse was not enough to truly be sure…and so there is still doubt. And so although you want to live from the recognition of it being a piece of rope…you are still not really sure and think it still could be snake. The illusion only truly falls away when there is full realization…not a passing glimpse that is not fully recognized and so can be doubted.

The illusion of "me" is the basis of all suffering (mentally created hurt beyond physical pain via the nerves of the body). If there is a seeing through illusion of "me"...the mirage - although still apparent - no longer causes confusion and suffering.

Who and what we are, including our suffering, is already Oneness if it is accepted that Oneness is the only reality, and our total connection unavoidable. If that is not accepted then indeed there there many things to do.

:)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 20-07-2017, 12:52 PM
eputkonen eputkonen is offline
Seeker
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Mound, MN
Posts: 47
  eputkonen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Who and what we are, including our suffering, is already Oneness if it is accepted that Oneness is the only reality, and our total connection unavoidable. If that is not accepted then indeed there there many things to do.

:)

And that is why there is a small difference between Oneness and Enlightenment/Awakening. Because on an intellectual level you can kind of get Oneness and what it means...but then still be identified with the body/mind/ego and still say that is Oneness as well (being identified with body/mind/ego and suffering). However, if you realized there is no ego (it is just a thought) and realized you are not this body/mind (the identification is just a thought)...you would directly realize there is only Oneness. When this happens, suffering ends. That is Enlightenment/Awakening.

To directly realize and understand there is only Oneness means no longer resisting what is...which is suffering. If you are still resisting and having problems, then you still have not really realized that there is only Oneness. Oneness is merely a mental concept that is believed.
__________________
Eric Putkonen - blogger on Engaged Nonduality
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 22-07-2017, 12:51 AM
Iamit Iamit is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Wales. u.k
Posts: 277
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eputkonen
And that is why there is a small difference between Oneness and Enlightenment/Awakening. Because on an intellectual level you can kind of get Oneness and what it means...but then still be identified with the body/mind/ego and still say that is Oneness as well (being identified with body/mind/ego and suffering). However, if you realized there is no ego (it is just a thought) and realized you are not this body/mind (the identification is just a thought)...you would directly realize there is only Oneness. When this happens, suffering ends. That is Enlightenment/Awakening.

To directly realize and understand there is only Oneness means no longer resisting what is...which is suffering. If you are still resisting and having problems, then you still have not really realized that there is only Oneness. Oneness is merely a mental concept that is believed.

It depends on the nature of the concern. If the concern is defined as wanting an end to the feeling of connection, then seeing any of what you describe is not necessary. If there is a resonance that Oneness is the only reality, it must already be Oneness not realizing so no need to realize anything for the purpose of connection.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-09-2017, 09:29 PM
Ahriman Ahriman is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 50
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRDivine
Just want to say you opened my eyes up big time. I read some of your blog and I learned just to be myself. There is no wrong or right or up or down or left or right or small or big. There just is. I punch you in the face, that's like punching myself in the face. And that is called karma.So it's best to live a happy life of love. To vibrate at high frequency.

How do you figure that punching someone in the face is the same as punching yourself in the face? If I punch someone in the face, they're the one that gets hurt, unless of course they hit me back.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-09-2017, 09:45 PM
Ahriman Ahriman is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 50
 
When it comes to the end of suffering, any solution that doesn't include ALL humans it pretty much useless, and a waste of time. I really don't think any humans have been able to completely transcend all forms of suffering, as least not whilst alive.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-09-2017, 10:59 PM
Badcopyinc Badcopyinc is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 516
  Badcopyinc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eputkonen
I am awake...I am free and know I never was in bondage. This is called liberation. There is only the Self and I am That.

In a sense "I" am completely with all "you" said but the above.

So to clarify I'd like to ask you a question.

Who is the "self", who is "I" you refer to?


"I" would also like to inquire as to you stating that you're awake. Do you believe that you were once asleep and now that you've learned the end to suffering you're now awake?
__________________
Stop trying to figure everything out. Start figuring you out.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-09-2017, 03:00 AM
Iamit Iamit is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Wales. u.k
Posts: 277
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eputkonen
Realization of who/what we are brings the end to suffering.

Let’s say you are locked in a dark room and you see a shape on the floor that looks like a snake. You would worry, fear, and basically suffer…all the while you are stuck in this dark room. But if the light was turned on for…but for a few seconds, you could see it is a piece rope. Then the light goes off again, and yet the fear and worry do not return. You have realized that what you are seeing is a piece of rope. It no longer fools you…even if the darkness returns.

There is no difficulty in living the recognition of the “snake” being a piece of rope. The difficulty lies in if it is not truly realized and it still remains unknown for what it truly really is. Instead you caught a glimpse of that shape in the light and it looked like it might not have been a snake…but the glimpse was not enough to truly be sure…and so there is still doubt. And so although you want to live from the recognition of it being a piece of rope…you are still not really sure and think it still could be snake. The illusion only truly falls away when there is full realization…not a passing glimpse that is not fully recognized and so can be doubted.

The illusion of "me" is the basis of all suffering (mentally created hurt beyond physical pain via the nerves of the body). If there is a seeing through illusion of "me"...the mirage - although still apparent - no longer causes confusion and suffering.

Not seeing through the illusion of me and not realizing are already Oneness manifest.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-09-2017, 07:54 AM
iamthat iamthat is offline
Knower
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Golden Bay, New Zealand
Posts: 176
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
If there is a resonance that Oneness is the only reality, it must already be Oneness not realizing so no need to realize anything for the purpose of connection.

Ah, Iamit, there is a huge difference between the thought of Oneness and the realisation of Oneness.

The realisation of Oneness is a state of Being. If you have not realised this for yourself then all you have is an idea.

The thought of Oneness is just a passing flicker in the mind, which has nothing to do with the realisation.

To use a very inadequate analogy, it is the difference between looking at a menu and actually eating the food. You can die of starvation while looking at the menu.

Peace.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Iamit Iamit is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Wales. u.k
Posts: 277
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Ah, Iamit, there is a huge difference between the thought of Oneness and the realisation of Oneness.

The realisation of Oneness is a state of Being. If you have not realised this for yourself then all you have is an idea.

The thought of Oneness is just a passing flicker in the mind, which has nothing to do with the realisation.

To use a very inadequate analogy, it is the difference between looking at a menu and actually eating the food. You can die of starvation while looking at the menu.

Peace.

Everything is already the REALisation of Oneness. What is being said is that the content of what arises has no significance. Whatever it is, IS already Oneness. You cant get more Oneness or increase it in any way.

The realization you speak of is no more Oneness that not realizing! However if the desire is to get rid of feeling disconnected, ALL must be included as Oneness manifest, particularly all aspects of oneself, including you not realizing!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums