Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-04-2017, 06:06 AM
Master
Transitions

The transitions which we have in life can be our teachers which prepare us for that transition which we call “death.” All the changes which we go through in a life time, hell-0 and goodbye, holding on and then having to let go; if we choose to we can use these to prepare for death. Every experience which we have can teach us something. The death of a pet or loved one can give us a modicum of preparation for our own death if we let it.

Dying is the process of moving towards death and most human beings are in the process of dying; after a certain age more cells in our body are dying than new cells which are being born and our body is deteriorating even before we notice any deterioration in our appearance. Usually something which did not bother us in our youth, like a cough, kills our body later in life.

Psychologically, it is said that some people have a “death wish” which they may embrace consciously or unconsciously. These people usually frequent high risk behavior or often do things that could end their life here on earth. Some believe in living fast and dying young. But we are all courting death; regardless of our attitude towards death, or our behavior. Death, or the transition from this world, starts long before we physically die.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Master
Someone once said that "the minute we are born we are dead". Each step we take everyday is bringing us closer to our death even though we don't actively think about it that way. When I was younger I feared death a lot but now I wish it can come anyday but it does not come. Our rellationship with death changes all the time.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:58 AM
Master
For me death is always present just right over my shoulder and could show itself suddenly, or in stages,
at any time. But I know that I am not death rather I am life and when my body dies that life, which I am,
will leave the body. It is but a transition; like water that turns to steam or ice.

Like the sun up in the sky we also have a sun within us, a brilliant light at our core which is our very own
central sun, and what we do in this human life revolves around our inner light like planets revolving around
the sun.

Each of us have our own solar system and all that we are involved in we bring into our orbit; there is a sun
so deep and warm, let it rise, let it rise inside, and in your heart you can feel it’s real; feel it’s real that the
sun forever shines inside of you. In my opinion death is not a thing rather it is a process, a process of
transition which is happening to us at this very moment.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:09 PM
Burntfruit

I am a lot more comfortable with death. I used to be scared of it. Now I have a feeling of acceptance and hopefulness.

I am not sure what it will be like, but I do have faith again.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Master
Most transitions which we go through in human life have features of the experience which we call “death.”
I am currently going through a transition; I guess that is why I started this topic. I am moving out of my
house and putting it on the market by the end of this month. I then plan to drive my RV from California to
Central America, Panama to be exact. Right now there are lots of situations orbiting/swirling around me.

Letting go of what I have known and have grown comfortable with requires a bit of surrender, as well as
looking at the unknown factor of driving 3,000-miles to Panama; through Mexico, Costa Rica, and some
other countries, and then living in a place where I have never been before. I have been to many places
around the world and have been conditioned since my youth to travel.

I have heard nothing but good things about Panama and my sister met a guy from Belize when she was
in New York City, they got married some time ago and now they live in Belize, which is northeast of Panama.
I plan to stop there and visit with my sister whom I have not seen in many years.

The whole thing is quite a transition for me, and it was much easier to do these type of transitions when
I was younger but at age seventy I find I have to push myself through this transition. It’s just something
I want to do even though I have to push myself. I think that the acceptance of death is the same way;
it requires surrender and sometimes we have to push ourselves to let go.

It is said that change is the only constant in the universe and some of us embrace change while others
may try to fight it, run from it, etc. I have advance medical directives on file which say do not hook me
up to life saving equipment if I can not sustain life in this human body on my own. Some might say that
is giving up but I think of it as letting go.
Old 16-04-2017, 08:29 AM
Experiencer

Hello Starman,

I remembered a movie " About Schmidt" of Jack Nicholson. It's about letting go and taking a new challenge in his life of letting go by travelling across states on an RV to visit his daughter getting married. Nice movie.

It is your journey, like a movie we have to write and play and make it meaningful.

I wish you all the best on your planned journey. And don't forget to have fun.