Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Nuriko Nuriko is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 40
 
Why?

For the past few days, death has been on my mind lately. I'd be lying in bed just thinking about relatives who have passed and wondered about them in a paranormal aspect. The death of one of my idols has also been on my mind lately and she has been passed for over 2 decades. I've also been thinking about death in a future tense, with my parents, older siblings who will most likely (if nothing out of the ordinary happens) pass on before I ever do, possibly me dying before I'd want to, and I'd think about how I'd want to die either before or after whoever my husband may be, how I would handle it or how they would handle it. I'm not sure why my brain is always thinking about these things these days. Anyone else been in this situation?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15-03-2017, 05:30 PM
gratefulgirl gratefulgirl is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 12
 
are you turning 40 or 60
somethings its a developmental stage
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15-03-2017, 08:30 PM
mihael_11 mihael_11 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 311
 
You are interested in death. Sooner or later you dare to think about it and it is not pleasant. When you accept, that death will come and can't really say who will die before who, you have to accept there is some bigger picture, how life evolves.
I put much thoughts into this, so in the end i am prepaired to die whenever it is appropriate for me but first i would like to get all my questions answered, whatever i am dealing with, so i can die peacefully.
I don't know why it comes to that shock, when someone dies, i mean, it is not necessary but it happens, what it actually is. This things should be talked through more often so they are not taboo anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16-03-2017, 06:39 AM
Nuriko Nuriko is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 40
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulgirl
are you turning 40 or 60
somethings its a developmental stage

I'm actually 28, so I have no real reason to expect death other than the fact that I've experienced it a few times through the older generation of my family. I think it might be more of a.. paranormal aspect going through my head. My grandmother visits me occasionally, but I don't think she has any reason to other than to just show up. Why? Why her and not my other deceased relatives? Will I be waiting on my husband on the other side for him to pass? Will he be waiting for me? Are my parents gonna be popping in and out of my life from the other side whenever they do pass? What if nothing even happens? Like.. I believe our souls go somewhere, but what if I'm wrong and it's just completely blank.. darkness? Eep. Why it's been on my mind lately, and out of no where really, is what's making me question it.

I think it's just questions like this. Afterlife kinda things, now that I think about it. Things like this just keep me up at night and it will sometimes make me feel uncomfortable. Then I stay up all night googling what others reactions were to seeing the spirit of their deceased relatives. My brain wanders too much.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16-03-2017, 10:10 PM
Snow Goose Snow Goose is offline
Guide
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 515
 
Hi N

I have this issue too, i can remember crying my eyes out as a young child at the thought that my gran would die, at the time my gran was only in her 40s.

I don't get really close to people so easily, takes a looooong time. I often think of my partner dying which is actually a big issue as men in his family die young also he has a brain disease which means he won't live till old age.

Knowing these things though only makes me want to enjoy every moment that bit more.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17-03-2017, 01:03 AM
Sarah007 Sarah007 is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 83
  Sarah007's Avatar
sorry I wrote in the wrong topic and can not seem to delete everything.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 17-03-2017, 10:35 AM
shoni7510 shoni7510 is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 6,920
  shoni7510's Avatar
Wondering about death and being obssesed with it are two separate things. You seem to be obssessing to point of fear and that can not be healthy. You are still so young to worry about death constantly even though death has no age. You also worry about the afterlife. Maybe you should read the book Journey of Souls by Michael Newton and it will answer some of your problems. There is a thread on the Death and the Afterlife Forum by Sparrow that seek to answer questions about death and the afterlife, you should consider checking it out.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 17-03-2017, 01:26 PM
slowsnake slowsnake is offline
Suspended
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Rural Western Australia
Posts: 578
  slowsnake's Avatar
Hello Nuriko,
There is nothing wrong about thinking about death and dieing,its as normal as thinking about living,you are young now and thinking about the older folk around you passing away is good for the grieving process.
I am 64 and I have spent my whole life fleetingly thinking of death,it can't be helped, everywhere you look on the street,the newspapers or the internet you see folk talking about death,it's normal,its in your face 24/7.

It can become a problem though if it goes from what I've written above to a nonstop thought process about it,or a morbid fascination, or even if you just constantly imagine being killed or imagine death as violent and painful, if that happens you need to talk to someone about it,but I doubt that is happening and you are just a very normal young person thinking about the normality of living.
You are fine,it's quite normal and just have a happy normal fun filled life!

Kind Regards Billy.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18-03-2017, 02:07 AM
Tobi Tobi is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,024
  Tobi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuriko
I'm actually 28, so I have no real reason to expect death other than the fact that I've experienced it a few times through the older generation of my family. I think it might be more of a.. paranormal aspect going through my head. My grandmother visits me occasionally, but I don't think she has any reason to other than to just show up. Why? Why her and not my other deceased relatives? Will I be waiting on my husband on the other side for him to pass? Will he be waiting for me? Are my parents gonna be popping in and out of my life from the other side whenever they do pass? What if nothing even happens? Like.. I believe our souls go somewhere, but what if I'm wrong and it's just completely blank.. darkness? Eep. Why it's been on my mind lately, and out of no where really, is what's making me question it.

I think it's just questions like this. Afterlife kinda things, now that I think about it. Things like this just keep me up at night and it will sometimes make me feel uncomfortable. Then I stay up all night googling what others reactions were to seeing the spirit of their deceased relatives. My brain wanders too much.

Hi Nuriko,
My feeling is it is quite natural to ponder these things. Many young people don't bother to, but it is in your mind, and there is no harm in that, so long as you are not filled with dark thoughts and endless worry about that eventual transition!

I do think there is certainly nothing 'morbid' about considering our own transition, and embracing that surety and giving it some thought.

When the time comes for you to transition, then there is really no such thing as 'an untimely death' to the Soul and Spirit. This is almost impossible to see from this perspective but will be seen and appreciated when you have crossed, and adjusted. Your perspective will be so vastly different you can hardly envision that while in a physical body.

It's not unusual to feel contact with maybe one or two family members but not all. That can be hard to understand, as they no doubt loved you and you loved them. There are only one or two who remain in touch with me, for instance, and some whom I know loved me, haven't been in direct contact at all! But part of that may be my own attunement to them.

You will probably find, when you cross, that there are great bonds of love with many who have shown up in your life. Even though you may not have sensed their spiritual 'visits' since they passed.
And with anyone you don't feel particularly connected with, you may see how they played a part in your life, and a certain friendship may be appreciated -far more than it is known while here. Or on the other hand, you may smile and bless them, and then go your separate ways.
With anyone with whom you don't want to perpetuate a connection, well, they won't be around you. Although you may see the purpose for their appearance in your life.

There actually is no death. Only transition.
__________________
A Dog's Life After Death
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 19-03-2017, 02:16 AM
slowsnake slowsnake is offline
Suspended
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Rural Western Australia
Posts: 578
  slowsnake's Avatar
Morbid Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Hi Nuriko,
My feeling is it is quite natural to ponder these things. Many young people don't bother to, but it is in your mind, and there is no harm in that, so long as you are not filled with dark thoughts and endless worry about that eventual transition!

I do think there is certainly nothing 'morbid' about considering our own transition, and embracing that surety and giving it some thought.

When the time comes for you to transition, then there is really no such thing as 'an untimely death' to the Soul and Spirit. This is almost impossible to see from this perspective but will be seen and appreciated when you have crossed, and adjusted. Your perspective will be so vastly different you can hardly envision that while in a physical body.

It's not unusual to feel contact with maybe one or two family members but not all. That can be hard to understand, as they no doubt loved you and you loved them. There are only one or two who remain in touch with me, for instance, and some whom I know loved me, haven't been in direct contact at all! But part of that may be my own attunement to them.

You will probably find, when you cross, that there are great bonds of love with many who have shown up in your life. Even though you may not have sensed their spiritual 'visits' since they passed.
And with anyone you don't feel particularly connected with, you may see how they played a part in your life, and a certain friendship may be appreciated -far more than it is known while here. Or on the other hand, you may smile and bless them, and then go your separate ways.
With anyone with whom you don't want to perpetuate a connection, well, they won't be around you. Although you may see the purpose for their appearance in your life.

There actually is no death. Only transition.

Hello Nuriko,
When I posted my comment I did not use the word "morbid" as a singular term,it was when put in the correct context "if it becomes a morbid fascination" then it may be a problem.
I am sorry if I did not make it more clearer,I thought I did in the context of my answer to your question.

Kind Regards Billy.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums