Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-03-2017, 04:12 AM
Brucely Brucely is offline
Guide
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 518
  Brucely's Avatar
How do u cope?

How does one live a normal life when youve seen/experienced something that defies logic or just rational thought. And i mean anything like war PTSD, aliens, visions, etc. something that makes normal seem pointless

And normal life meaning: chasing money, going out with friends, etc
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-03-2017, 03:13 AM
Lucky 1 Lucky 1 is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 1,315
  Lucky 1's Avatar
Well..not sure if I'm qualified to answer.....I've definitely had and witnessed some strange and hard to explain things and events........but on the other hand l enjoy the regular stuff a whole lot!!
__________________
I may not be that bunny....but I'm energized!!!!

I'm living on "tropical standard time"!!!

Yes I Am a Pirate! 200 years too late....the cannons don't thunder...there's nothing to plunder...I'm an over 40 victim of fate!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-03-2017, 05:20 AM
Rozie Rozie is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2016
Location: California
Posts: 1,154
  Rozie's Avatar
It takes a bit of adjustment. If you comparing it to war or PTSD, it would be similar. A person would process their trauma or their experience and compartmentalize. That is what PTSD is like. The trauma is stored in a pandoras box and there is some amnesia if the event is very disturbing.

You asked how 'you' cope, and that is pretty much how I cope. I try to be as rational as possible despite the bizarre nature if the experience. It is about acceptance and I have a system in place to deal with it.

I could have common interests with 'regular people' but I cannot hide who I am. If someone is accepting then we don't have to talk about it. If they are dismissive and disparaging then I would avoid them.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-04-2017, 04:41 AM
PlatitudePluto PlatitudePluto is offline
Knower
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 151
 
Well I can only speak for myself, but I have no friends and no longer any nearby relatives, so it's fairly easy for me to live my life the way I want without other peoples' opinions and judgment. It may sound sad but I think of it as less to have to explain and justify.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-04-2017, 06:28 AM
wstein wstein is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 2,153
  wstein's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
How does one live a normal life when youve seen/experienced something that defies logic or just rational thought. And i mean anything like war PTSD, aliens, visions, etc. something that makes normal seem pointless

And normal life meaning: chasing money, going out with friends, etc
You are coping right now with things not being 'rational'. Look around, is it rational that a dog looks like a dog? That's just what a dog looks like, you are used to it. Think back to an early time you went to the zoo. There were all sorts of strange animals you had never seen before. Now if you go to the zoo, most of the animals are familiar and don't seem so odd any more. So, this is not an issue about 'rational'.

Not trying to minimize your situation as there are several parts of the situation that will require some adjustment.
-life isn't what you thought it to be, this can be a shock after so many years of being convinced it was a certain way
-you are reeling because the meaning you assigned life has been taken away. This was only possible because you relied on external things and sources to establish that meaning in the first place.
-you are now in a minority and out of sync with what society officially believes (or at least claims to), an out cast

At this point you can't really live a 'normal life' (as defined by society), the best you can do there is to 'fit it'. Hopefully you can find a few like souls (like here on the forums) to share with.

A way forward is to get in touch with who you actually are, get to know your divine nature, that will help establish what has purpose or meaning for you, that can not be taken away by a peculiar revelation or shift in perspective. There are many ways to achieve this, the most common method is meditation.
__________________
no sugar coating here, I tell it straight as I see it
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-04-2017, 08:26 AM
lilith lilith is offline
Knower
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: russia
Posts: 236
  lilith's Avatar
Balance is the key. When I first started digging in paranormal I didn't have anybody to share with and my experiences were pretty intense. Thank god for this forum that probably saved my life back then. I kind of led double life. I was exploring things online, and still had that old normal identity with everyone else in real life. As time passed by, I met people who resonate with my true self and managed to integrate all parts of me. Now I enjoy having fun with friends doing ordinary things as much as I enjoy spiritual stuff. When I felt confident being alone in both, coping wasn't necessary anymore. Beginnings can be tough and we're there for you. Blessings.
__________________
"When you look for it, you cannot find it. When you find it, you can't get rid of it. When you do neither, it's right there"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-04-2017, 08:46 AM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,081
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Well I have experienced some weird paranormal stuff (possibly) but I cope just fine with it because those experiences didn't change my view about how meaingless and pointless life really is.
__________________
The dawn will never rise again for my eyes
And I will never sleep again
I've lost my hope time after time
Cause the light has vanished from the sky
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-04-2017, 08:01 PM
Seawolf Seawolf is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,212
 
It depends on what you've experienced. I would say with most things you can just go on with your life like normal. You just have that experience, and it's just another memory, although if it's 'supernatural' it's a little different than other memories.

If it's trauma/abuse though, you need help to be able to recover. Otherwise you will have a tough life if you don't have therapy, a support system, learning self care, meditation, yoga, etc.

Some things like seeing an alien can be traumatizing too, and I think the best thing is just to not focus on it too much. Not denying it, or trying block it out of the mind, because that will just make it worse, but to just not focus on it, especially before you go to bed.
__________________
"Just came back from the storm." -Jimi Hendrix
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-04-2017, 12:20 PM
blackraven blackraven is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,292
  blackraven's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
It depends on what you've experienced. I would say with most things you can just go on with your life like normal. You just have that experience, and it's just another memory, although if it's 'supernatural' it's a little different than other memories.

If it's trauma/abuse though, you need help to be able to recover. Otherwise you will have a tough life if you don't have therapy, a support system, learning self care, meditation, yoga, etc.

Some things like seeing an alien can be traumatizing too, and I think the best thing is just to not focus on it too much. Not denying it, or trying block it out of the mind, because that will just make it worse, but to just not focus on it, especially before you go to bed.

Seawolf gave good advice above. Just wanted to add, from experience, that one has to tread carefully to not remove oneself from the everyday living experiences no matter how mundane they may feel after experiencing things such as visions for example. I once became so engrossed with the paranormal that it bordered on paranoia. It also occupied too much of my attention to the detriment of others around me that didn't understand what I was experiencing.

I think the conclusion I came to was that the phenomenal occurrences I experienced didn't need to consume me over other responsibilities, which also include carrying on with relationships with others despite their lack of belief in my experiences. I learned to let things stay warm on the back burner, but not let it boil over into everyday life. After all, most unexplained phenomenon (everything from visions to supernatural or paranormal events) just can't hurt one as long as one doesn't let these types of things take over their life.

As for traumatic things that cause mental anguish, I agree with Seawolf, that those things are in a different category altogether and need to be addressed with diligence as pain and suffering is a reality in life and can't just be brushed under the rug.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-04-2017, 03:46 AM
Brucely Brucely is offline
Guide
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 518
  Brucely's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Seawolf gave good advice above. Just wanted to add, from experience, that one has to tread carefully to not remove oneself from the everyday living experiences no matter how mundane they may feel after experiencing things such as visions for example. I once became so engrossed with the paranormal that it bordered on paranoia. It also occupied too much of my attention to the detriment of others around me that didn't understand what I was experiencing.

I think the conclusion I came to was that the phenomenal occurrences I experienced didn't need to consume me over other responsibilities, which also include carrying on with relationships with others despite their lack of belief in my experiences. I learned to let things stay warm on the back burner, but not let it boil over into everyday life. After all, most unexplained phenomenon (everything from visions to supernatural or paranormal events) just can't hurt one as long as one doesn't let these types of things take over their life.

As for traumatic things that cause mental anguish, I agree with Seawolf, that those things are in a different category altogether and need to be addressed with diligence as pain and suffering is a reality in life and can't just be brushed under the rug.

Thats good advice. I guess our world is just as weird as ghosts/et life. All the desensitizing of gore and murders in media could help ppl cope. That was dumb of me to say 'normal life' because everyone is different. Who knows how a killer copes, or the homeless, or a priest who sees angels. Every life is interesting to somebodys eyes
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums