Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 16-12-2016, 12:57 AM
Tobi Tobi is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,016
  Tobi's Avatar
Really!....I am so sorry about what you and your family must have gone through. My heartfelt condolences.

Yet what a beautiful thing that you received that contact -I am sure from your beloved husband. I know...I have also felt the contact with the Soul of a loved one and it is incredibly beautiful fine and pure.

It is lovely that nine years later you still get 'visits'.
__________________
A Dog's Life After Death
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 16-12-2016, 05:51 PM
Really! Really! is offline
Suspended
Guide
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 548
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Really!....I am so sorry about what you and your family must have gone through. My heartfelt condolences.

Yet what a beautiful thing that you received that contact -I am sure from your beloved husband. I know...I have also felt the contact with the Soul of a loved one and it is incredibly beautiful fine and pure.

It is lovely that nine years later you still get 'visits'.

Thank you Tobi ...

Yup, we each still receive signs when he's around ...
One in particular is the light for the house alarm that flashes whenever he's present ...
On my husband's to do list the week of his death was to have the alarm connected ...
Somehow, the builder's electrician did not connect the wiring to the power source ...
I've never had it hooked up, the wires hang out from the wall ...
I've had electricians inspect it only to be told there is no possible way it could light up b/c there is no electric current running through it ...
And of course, I always looked like a loonie b/c Bob never made it flash when these electricians were around ...
I had one instance when it flashed w/great persistence to make me aware of a handyman who was not trustworthy ...
Grief caused alot of self doubt as well as difficulty tuning into people - I did feel uneasy around this guy but not sure why or how to handle it ...
The answer of what to do came when his supervisor called asking how everything was going and that's when I asked him to send someone else the following day ...
The supervisor didn't seem surprised at the request or upset at having to reschedule another visit - it was more like he expected it ...
After the handyman left, I remembered his suspicious behavior as if he was scoping out my house. Inquiries about my husband's whereabouts & hobbies when it was obvious an adult family member had died from the funeral left overs in the living room & dining room as well as my frail condition & crying.
It sucked to still have to be on guard when grieving & vulnerable ...

Anyhoo, the alarm light flashes often around b-days, anniversaries & holidays ...
When there is no special occassion, I know its just to let me know he's with me b/c on the same day it flashes our wedding flowers (Stargazer lillies) show up somewhere - on TV, on someone's shirt, a tattoo, a stamp on a letter, a picture, etc ...

My love's coffin was adorned w/a spray of Stargazer lillies ...
I still take a bouquet of them when I visit ...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 16-12-2016, 07:52 PM
SecretDreams333 SecretDreams333 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 293
  SecretDreams333's Avatar
this is interesting I have gone to the after life so many times to find people there
or to heal them or talk to them , or help or get information for people who asked how a loved one was doing you can learn so much from all that , but signs never had any I think interesting reading these postings here
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 18-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Colorado Colorado is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 439
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Really!
My husband was killed in a car collision while myself & the kids were at home. I was suddenly overcome w/peace, love, joy & excitement as my eyes became fixed on the clock - the time was 11:07pm. I heard my husband's voice clear as day say it was a car accident, etc (private messages) & he loved us. His death certificate has the time of death at 11:11pm.

I woke feeling the same love, joy, peace & excitement till the doorbell rang. In that moment, I snapped out of it w/a knowing that whoever was at the door was going to inform me of my husband's death. I'm sure I was hoping everything prior to running for door was just a dream. But no, the police chaplain & an officer stood on the porch to deliver the news.

I've never been able to create those same exact feelings on my own ...

Anyhoo, my wildman still sends signs 9yrs later ...
Beautiful....and it's true, I believe your experience is true because I believe I went through something similar twice before.

I was very close to my husbands grandma. She was a Leo, a tiny petite woman, but very strong emotionally. She was outgoing, fun and just being around her made you feel safe and happy, even on my darkest days. She use to say that I was her daughter, her husband and her were very close to me and my children.

That created a lot of jealousy in his family. After his grandpa died, his grandma had dementia pretty bad and was put in a nursing home for almost 8 years. I hadn't felt that same feeling from her since. She spent many days crying and confused. She was lost. We ended up moving away. In that time, she died. Because of our jobs, distance, and the turmoil a group of women in my husbands family cause everyone...I didn't feel like I was welcome to her funeral, as they invited him, but not me. Which was strange, because I felt like I was the closest to her out of all of them. I cried a bit, then we decided neither would go so that there wouldn't be any more problems. Besides, it was her funeral and I wanted it to be about her and not about the jealousy and trouble they would stir up. I was left out of the obituary, which was fine. I let it go.

Three days after she died, I was sitting on the deck...and there was the happy, fun loving energy...the energy was very high....just came out of nowhere and hit me. It was not my energy. I hadn't felt like that in years. I recognized it immediately. It was with out a doubt, my grandmother in law. There was no mistaking it...and it stayed with me ALL DAY, and was gone the next and I haven't felt it since. That was last year. I just remember talking to her the whole time, telling her that I missed her and reassuring her that I knew it was her....and crazy it was that I could feel her. There was no questioning it, it was her.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 19-12-2016, 12:54 AM
Tobi Tobi is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,016
  Tobi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
Beautiful....and it's true, I believe your experience is true because I believe I went through something similar twice before.

I was very close to my husbands grandma. She was a Leo, a tiny petite woman, but very strong emotionally. She was outgoing, fun and just being around her made you feel safe and happy, even on my darkest days. She use to say that I was her daughter, her husband and her were very close to me and my children.

That created a lot of jealousy in his family. After his grandpa died, his grandma had dementia pretty bad and was put in a nursing home for almost 8 years. I hadn't felt that same feeling from her since. She spent many days crying and confused. She was lost. We ended up moving away. In that time, she died. Because of our jobs, distance, and the turmoil a group of women in my husbands family cause everyone...I didn't feel like I was welcome to her funeral, as they invited him, but not me. Which was strange, because I felt like I was the closest to her out of all of them. I cried a bit, then we decided neither would go so that there wouldn't be any more problems. Besides, it was her funeral and I wanted it to be about her and not about the jealousy and trouble they would stir up. I was left out of the obituary, which was fine. I let it go.

Three days after she died, I was sitting on the deck...and there was the happy, fun loving energy...the energy was very high....just came out of nowhere and hit me. It was not my energy. I hadn't felt like that in years. I recognized it immediately. It was with out a doubt, my grandmother in law. There was no mistaking it...and it stayed with me ALL DAY, and was gone the next and I haven't felt it since. That was last year. I just remember talking to her the whole time, telling her that I missed her and reassuring her that I knew it was her....and crazy it was that I could feel her. There was no questioning it, it was her.

Colorado, that's a beautiful one too!
Yes when they come rushing at us with their character and energy and love, it is the strongest, happiest thing. There is no doubt about it, just as there wouldn't be if they walked up to us physically and gave us a hug.
Only....they seem to be even stronger, and shine with an even bigger Love somehow. That has to be one of the happiest things to know. We are so blessed who get to know that.
__________________
A Dog's Life After Death
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 19-12-2016, 03:01 AM
mogenblue mogenblue is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 470
  mogenblue's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Only....they seem to be even stronger, and shine with an even bigger Love somehow.

That reminds me of another experience I had.

I worked in a spiritual center once as a volunteer. I knew I was being guided by spirits from the afterlife.
I had been to a medium to see what she could tell me about myself and she said that whatever I was doing at the moment I had to go on with it because it was very important to do so.

So when I was on my own again at work in the center I felt the presence again of my guides.
I asked if they could give me some kind of notion of their being.
A few moments later I started to feel this tremendous flow of energy going through my arms. It was so strong that I had to stop working and take a break for 15 minutes or so to let it all cool down.

That was so amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 19-12-2016, 09:47 AM
Rozie Rozie is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2016
Location: California
Posts: 1,154
  Rozie's Avatar
@Really, I am sorry to hear about what happened to your husband.

A sign or communication is a small comfort but it doesn't keep the bed warm at night.

I had a similar experience recently. A female relative died. I didn't know that this was expected. At the moment of death, I felt it. It was an unmistakable sensation that I am familiar with. I didn't know why it was happening in the middle of the night... The next day I was told of the death. I was shocked because I wasn't consciously aware that was what was going on. Instead of feeling sad, I felt great relief. The energy was great, and not at all sad.

The family was heartbroken, but I felt her soul was happy. I felt great relief, like a mountain of tension was lifted.

I do work with death, and the process of dying, but not with anything that happens after that. I work with guides, and those who are in the process of 'crossing over'. That is my job to help from this end. That is usually only with people I personally know. It isn't my favorite thing to do, but that last incident was good and not sad.

One experience that I had, which I think is common was in dreams I would get a phone call. That is how I spoke to my family member who had passed on. I am pretty sure that was guidance, but there was a message, and at the time I wasn't consciously aware of my guides.

The phone call trick is pretty good. It makes it clear that a line of communication is present, even in a dream.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 20-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Colorado Colorado is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 439
 
I had what I believe is a sign recently. I've wrote about my uncle who died in South Vietnam when he was 20 years old. How I found out about him through dreams❤️ and my great grandfathers obituary online. A month ago, I was stressed out and not feeling good. I went to the bathroom to take a shower, and right there, next to the door was a weaved 3 basket tier shelf I bought 6 months earlier for towels and such. I didn't notice there was a tag still on it. I looked closer and the tag said one word "Vietnam" I cut it off and hung it on my mirror. Of course, I instantly thought of my uncle.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 13-02-2017, 09:46 AM
Reikilady Reikilady is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 6
 
My dear dad died 22 years ago this Nov. When he died in the hospice, I was asleep at home. I sensed my Dad's presence, when he came to say goodbye, I sensed he was at peace, I felt a sense of peace, calm within me, though I'd had a terrible struggle accepting he was dying. I rang the hospice on waking. He had died at 06.50 that morning. Months later, I'd movd house, still grieving, standing in the hall talking to a friend on the phone, I felt my Dad's hand on my shoulder, comforting me, also sensed him in the kitchen same evening. I believe he came back to let me know he was ok. Have never forgotten those experiences.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 13-02-2017, 10:12 AM
lifeisgolden lifeisgolden is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 49
 
I had a weird experience awhile ago. I was really tired one night, and I seemed like I was aware and awake as I was falling asleep.

I felt pressure on the bed moving up towards my face EXACTLY the way my deceased cat used to do...in any other situation I would of been freaked out but in my mind I knew it was my cat and even talked to it..then I went into the falling asleep state which make me come to because it's a bit abrupt being aware of falling asleep.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums