Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 17-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Knower

All great posts...

There are grades of transgression,that are to be forgiven...not all things done to one are done to another...wrong is wrong ..but,let's be real....some are truly horrific...which can mean that it may take you longer to get to the forgiveness state

"Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do"

I think some people know exactly what they do....they just don't care ..their own selfish motivations supersedes their actions

this is a multilayered statement from Lord Jesus....it also refers to the karmic debt that one occurs when they commit those actions...cosmic debt if you will;.. as opposed to a personal felling that one gets , ..and subsequently has to overcome with the act of forgiveness

Love
acorn
Old 22-11-2016, 03:59 PM

Even if we forgive, the important question is whether we forget
Old 26-11-2016, 01:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiewhitnell
How do you forgive, deep inside?

I can pretend like I do, but deep down inside me I am still mad at some people for certain things, hurting me, or people close to me.
For some people forgiveness is very hard.
Others can forgive very easily.

The path leading to true liberation also leads to freedom from resentment.
Old 26-11-2016, 01:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn
All great posts...

There are grades of transgression,that are to be forgiven...not all things done to one are done to another...wrong is wrong ..but,let's be real....some are truly horrific...which can mean that it may take you longer to get to the forgiveness state

"Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do"

I think some people know exactly what they do....they just don't care ..their own selfish motivations supersedes their actions

this is a multilayered statement from Lord Jesus....it also refers to the karmic debt that one occurs when they commit those actions...cosmic debt if you will;.. as opposed to a personal felling that one gets , ..and subsequently has to overcome with the act of forgiveness

Love
acorn

it is true, saying 'forgive them for they know not what they do' isn't a very good incentive for them to learn and quit doing it. I suppose, if you are in the mindset where you want your own way, your next thought is you won't forgive them...
Old 20-12-2016, 01:11 AM
Pathfinder

44 questions and one must help

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiewhitnell
How do you forgive, deep inside?

I can pretend like I do, but deep down inside me I am still mad at some people for certain things, hurting me, or people close to me.

By realizing that no one is perfect them and yourself, and you forgive the act by allowing yourself to be humbled in that you yourself have done things similar to it yourself in your lifetime, or are able to be as one who has done so in itself, then u give in to the i could have done that in this or past lifetime perhaps and therefore swallow my pride and say i let it be, i forgive them.

This is one range of forgiveness, the prior one..

then u have to also realize that forgivenesses is no good for you, cuz if you let it linger in you it will turn into resentment and a bad burden that is to weigh you down in you, not to mention pride that comes before the fall.

If this forgiveness tucks on you, and u want or wish to do so yourself, then big up. get with it... you might or will have to do some soul searching to find the person in you who isnt perfect at all time rarely to be against your ego, but visible, so you let go and forgive for in consequences your mistakes be forgiven you by your maker. What you hold against by another that will be held against you, and in the measure you measure it; it will be held and measured against you. So do yourself a favor and do forgive, You still can be cautious of not to tall into the same ditch again, but forgiveness normally permits you to rise against the occasion, and free you of its weight namely being mad at someone still.

That madness will hinder your karma, even if it is justified, if it wasnt its as murdering your neighbour in your heart, not a good thing to have on ones record, but we do are reckless at times, so you'd be forgiven as you forgive others of there trespasses

How...by not holding a grudge at somebody for doing harm, even whether deliberately or else wise differently, try not to take offence, watch how you hear and see things, take the plank out of your own eyes that says, i myself am far from perfect, and give it to rest, and say thank you to the maker for giving us the ability to repent ourselves and forgive, the sooner and this not to speak about being perfectly ad beautifully made, but that we also have to humble ourselves no matter what to soften our heart against hatred and despise.

I hope that helps, and helped in some way around