Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-10-2016, 11:09 PM
Newbie ;)

My after death experience after suicide

I'm 37 now and when I was 17 I was going through a bad time due to recently losing my mother and other personal issues including insecurity in the way I looked and I did something extremely stupid.

Ive never told anyone this before (but Ive been desperate to) as I would be slightly ashamed to admit it to someone I know and its not the easiest thing to bring up in a conversation that I once attempted suicide and even despite that most people can be so skeptical and cynical about life after death, but Ive literately not stopped thinking about it since.

Anyhow I will cut to the chase. When I was 17, I felt like I'd had enough of life and wanted to end it. I decided the easiest way was by hanging myself because it wasn't too gruesome or messy. We had a ladder that led up-to our attic so I decided that the best way would be to attach a rope to one of the top steps of the attic ladder and hang myself from that. I couldn't find any rope so being desperate to end it all I instead tied a long extension cord around the top step and made a crude noose.

After working up the courage to go through with it (didn't take long) I remember stepping onto the stool and placing the extension cord around my neck and then trying to work up the courage to actually step off, I have no memory of then actually taking that step off the stool but what happened next is what changed my views on life after death forever.

I was suddenly floating high in the hallway and I felt completely free (I don't know how else to describe it!) I slowly moved across the hallway away from the attic ladder towards the top of the stairs that lead downstairs, I then remember looking down the stairs but as I did so there was suddenly an almighty pull and I felt myself being pulled backwards extremely fast across the hallway and back into my body that was lying on the floor below the ladder.

Being pulled back into my body is what i remember most clearly, it felt extremely claustrophobic, and I felt my arms, chest and then legs coming to life, the only way I can describe it is that it was like putting on an extremely tight wet-suit. I then opened my eyes and immediately stood up feeling fine, after a few seconds of realizing what had happened I noticed that the extension lead I'd used to hang myself had an absolute clean cut in it, surely if my weight had caused the extension cord to snap there would be some evidence of stretching or tearing? but no it looked like it had been cut with scissors, it was a perfect cut and I still don't understand it.

So that's my personal experience, I know for a fact I was absolutely out of my physical body and it wasn't just my brain playing tricks on me due to dying or lack of oxygen etc, I'm quite cynical but I can personally say that I don't just believe but know that we carry on existing after death and as short as my visit was it was absolutely incredible and when the time does come for me to actually die... in a way i'm actually looking forward to that experience again and seeing what happens next.
Old 31-10-2016, 11:38 PM
Burntfruit

Thanks for sharing your experience.

An extension cord is quite elastic, it may have shrunk back into shape.

Hope you enjoy the forum!
Old 01-11-2016, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator
Dear dean,
What a life changing experience! It must have brought you to re-evaluate your life and your purpose for being on Earth. And it has showed you the actual reality of an out-of-body experience!

One possible 'logical' or ordinary cause of the cable being cut could have been that it rubbed against something hard and sharp when your weight was added to it, and sheared off. But whatever it was must have been sharp, to cut straight through cable and wire within it.
Either that sort of thing....or some other unusual 'rescue' was performed. Either way, you have been given your life back -and surely for some deep reason.
Many blessings to you.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:34 AM
Master

Firstly, a very warm welcome to the forum, dear Dean.

Secondly, I'm sorry to hear that you were in such a dark place back then that you wanted to take your own life. But I'm glad you didn't succeed.
Good job your mother or guardian angel cut the cord. It clearly wasn't your 'time'.

I hope you're making the most of your second chance at life, love and happiness.
Stand tall, dear Dean. Stand tall.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 01-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Master
An out of body experience is profond and has the ability to change one's point of view about life and death. I hope you are making the most of your life with a second chance you received with your experience and now you know with certainity that there is life after death. Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your experience.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Knower
Wow, one thing I've always thought is how people who are suicidal also have a streak of fearlessness/bravery. Glad your still here to tell the story Dean, nde's fascinate me, it's amazing how many people from different parts of the world have similar experiences and certainly lends a hand towards credibility on life after death and our spiritual existence.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Experiencer

Yep, dean, those of us that have had a NDE know the truth of it. It can't be explained believably or proven to the doubter...but we know...and hearing it from others the truth of it rings true and is therefore affirmed.
Thanks much for sharing your story...!!
Old 03-11-2016, 01:54 PM
Master
wow...pretty darn cool & thanks for sharing Dean.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 03-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Master

This is a good place to bring up those secrets we have been harboring for a long time. Here you will find (some) understanding.

Sounds like there was a divine intervention (the cut cord) because it simply was not your time to go. No matter if you felt differently at the time.

I commit suicide (successfully) in my last incarnation so this time I will "tough" it through no matter how messy it gets. I'm on 3rd base now. I'm 63 and have had a lot of learning experiences so far. And I'm not done yet. Still some things to learn (unfortunately ).

But yes, when it is my time go die, I know I will be going Home and I have no fear of leaving this body behind and moving on.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:36 PM
Master
Thank you for sharing your story, Dean and I'm glad you are with us and shared this story.