Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 20-07-2017, 12:30 AM
ketzer ketzer is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 59
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
Back to the middle ages where they though that the earth is the center of the universe?

I, me, the center of the universe? Or center of 'my' universe? Whatever, this is crazy stuff. It has no validity in logic, cosmology or experience.

Maybe not in your universe, but it works in mine.
Anyway, you are starting to sound like Einstein. He really wanted to believe the moon was there whether he was looking at it or not, although I believe he did come around at the end. As far as I can tell the last 100 years of science and cosmology has come down pretty hard against materialism. If Albert had wanted to preserve his deterministic material universe he would have been better off staying at the patent office...although it would have sucked for the rest of us.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 20-07-2017, 06:47 AM
markings markings is offline
Guide
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 501
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Maybe not in your universe, but it works in mine.
Anyway, you are starting to sound like Einstein. He really wanted to believe the moon was there whether he was looking at it or not, although I believe he did come around at the end. As far as I can tell the last 100 years of science and cosmology has come down pretty hard against materialism. If Albert had wanted to preserve his deterministic material universe he would have been better off staying at the patent office...although it would have sucked for the rest of us.
In some other threads there is a battle about ego. You go one step further and make it the center of the universe.

Science came down pretty hard on helio-centrism too. Psychology and all spirituality teachings I know of are dismissing ego-centrism in no uncertain terms. In psychology it is called narcissism, a serious character defect. Are you advocating that we should all work towards developing one?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 20-07-2017, 12:34 PM
ketzer ketzer is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 59
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
In some other threads there is a battle about ego. You go one step further and make it the center of the universe.

Science came down pretty hard on helio-centrism too. Psychology and all spirituality teachings I know of are dismissing ego-centrism in no uncertain terms. In psychology it is called narcissism, a serious character defect. Are you advocating that we should all work towards developing one?

On the contrary, science has no objection to me saying that either I or the sun, or both for that matter, are at the center of the universe. Well.... that is not quite true, it may have some objection to one of my uses of the word “the” in that sentence, probably better to stick with “my” instead.

If I am a bit narcissistic, I have science to blame. Science tells me that I can bring matter into existence in my universe where a moment ago there was only potentiality. I can control the flow of time in my universe, and the entire universe is expanding with me at the center of that expansion. My universe decides how it will behave based on whether or not I am looking. Now, how could all that not go to my head? I must admit I often indulge in riding around my universe in my ego, but it is just a vehicle I use for perspective, and I often travel without it as well.

It is a bizarre and wonderful place my universe is! However, I am afraid you will have to be banished, as you are bringing in too much dark energy and throwing it off balance. Now if you will excuse me it is a nice night and I would like to take a walk in the light of the moon that I created. There is a black hole over there, please show yourself out and take your dark energy with you.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 20-07-2017, 02:05 PM
markings markings is offline
Guide
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 501
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
On the contrary, science has no objection to me saying that either I or the sun, or both for that matter, are at the center of the universe. Well.... that is not quite true, it may have some objection to one of my uses of the word “the” in that sentence, probably better to stick with “my” instead.

If I am a bit narcissistic, I have science to blame. Science tells me that I can bring matter into existence in my universe where a moment ago there was only potentiality. I can control the flow of time in my universe, and the entire universe is expanding with me at the center of that expansion. My universe decides how it will behave based on whether or not I am looking. Now, how could all that not go to my head? I must admit I often indulge in riding around my universe in my ego, but it is just a vehicle I use for perspective, and I often travel without it as well.

It is a bizarre and wonderful place my universe is! However, I am afraid you will have to be banished, as you are bringing in too much dark energy and throwing it off balance. Now if you will excuse me it is a nice night and I would like to take a walk in the light of the moon that I created. There is a black hole over there, please show yourself out and take your dark energy with you.
If anything is bizarre then it is this.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 20-07-2017, 11:00 PM
ketzer ketzer is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 59
 
youtube.com/watch?v=nlYlNF30bVg
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 21-07-2017, 12:25 AM
Azmond Azmond is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 279
  Azmond's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
On the contrary, science has no objection to me saying that either I or the sun, or both for that matter, are at the center of the universe. Well.... that is not quite true, it may have some objection to one of my uses of the word “the” in that sentence, probably better to stick with “my” instead.

If I am a bit narcissistic, I have science to blame. Science tells me that I can bring matter into existence in my universe where a moment ago there was only potentiality. I can control the flow of time in my universe, and the entire universe is expanding with me at the center of that expansion. My universe decides how it will behave based on whether or not I am looking. Now, how could all that not go to my head? I must admit I often indulge in riding around my universe in my ego, but it is just a vehicle I use for perspective, and I often travel without it as well.

It is a bizarre and wonderful place my universe is! However, I am afraid you will have to be banished, as you are bringing in too much dark energy and throwing it off balance. Now if you will excuse me it is a nice night and I would like to take a walk in the light of the moon that I created. There is a black hole over there, please show yourself out and take your dark energy with you.


Haha I really enjoyed reading this post of yours! Well done =) Not sure if you wanted to make it witty but I found it so. I hope you enjoy the beautiful moonlight of the moon you created outside. I am just off to check on my own, and I have a feeling it will shine especially bright for me tonight!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 21-07-2017, 12:27 AM
Azmond Azmond is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 279
  Azmond's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
youtube.com/watch?v=nlYlNF30bVg

Omg the screaming ones are the best! xD I literally cant stop laughing...
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 21-07-2017, 07:27 AM
markings markings is offline
Guide
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 501
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
youtube.com/watch?v=nlYlNF30bVg
Brings the discussion to an entirely new level.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 28-09-2017, 07:40 AM
prasannatrust prasannatrust is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 30
 
It's hard to say of course with our wee little pee brains, but I've seen some seriously strange things when viewing the Universe from a quark and string level. What light and energy do and how they interact to form the building blocks of matter is rather mind blowing.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 18-10-2017, 12:39 AM
Morpheus Morpheus is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 5,271
  Morpheus's Avatar
Double post.
__________________
"I believe there are two sides to the phenomena known as death. This side where we live, and the other side, where we shall continue to live.
Eternity does not start with death.
We are in eternity now." - Norman Vincent Peale

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums