Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 21-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
To mould a Buddha mind is not hard for human but to be like him as his dharma is hard. A Buddha mind is when a person with his mind becomes allay after they were listening the earnestly admonish. They are many Buddhist have the same thinking as Buddha but not his dharma may be he is the only one of his kind. And of course the situation now and Buddha life time are totally different so we can't expect they will do the same thing. May be only few can have very high dharma near to his one. This is one way his teaching influence Buddhist. It's not warped after all.

So are you saying the mind of a new born baby is a Buddha mind? I don't think so.

I would say a new born babys mind is a Buddha mind, pure and unconditioned.
Old 21-08-2016, 04:18 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

What makes you say that ? Can you shed some more light on that subject?
Old 21-08-2016, 05:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
What makes you say that ? Can you shed some more light on that subject?

A babys mind is pure/unconditioned, it has no desires or attachments no expectations of the world. It eats when hungry, sleeps when it's tired.
Buddhism teaches us to clear impurities from the mind to return to our original purity, Buddha Nature or Buddha Mind.
Old 21-08-2016, 05:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Sky,

I think to have Buddha mind is when you have ego but you let go of ego, to have greediness so to let go of it, to be sad to let go of sadness...... For a baby he doesn't know any thing yet and he not even know what's greedy and when he grows up he may become greedy again. To me it seem to be elusive. Buddha mind is not tempted in anyway and offering good respond and to show empathy and love for others.

On the other hand his mind is not yet mould of/as any kind. It takes quite a long time to form his personality to form a mind of him or as Buddha mind.
Old 21-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Sky,

I think to have Buddha mind is when you have ego but you let go of ego, to have greediness so to let go of it, to be sad to let go of sadness...... For a baby he doesn't know any thing yet and he not even know what's greedy and when he grows up he may become greedy again. To me it seem to be elusive. Buddha mind is not tempted in anyway and offering good respond and to show empathy and love for others.

On the other hand his mind is not yet mould of/as any kind. It takes quite a long time to form his personality to form a mind of him or as Buddha mind.

Ok Jeremy, lets agree to disagree
Old 22-08-2016, 01:04 AM
Master
2) The function of mind.

After we have attained a good/sage mind the function of it would be different from the usual one and what of his undertaking can always act unexpectedly good for man kind. So the formation good mind of a person and the function of his mind is important and they associated with one of the other. Who knows one day he may becoming the great leader to lead our world to achieve world peace.

Otherwise when a person’s mind is full of greedy/rage then he can always do harm to the world although he is just one single/just any person on the earth. To have a baby born on the earth, the world should let him to have proper education and mould him to be a good person by the world itself,by the family or by the governments. And just think why the world needs to have so many population and then so hard to live with so many bad guys around.
Old 22-08-2016, 06:37 AM
Master
Quote:

I have had memories of an awareness of fear and not wanting to be born in the womb. And that was most likely my own mothers.
Old 22-08-2016, 06:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Sky,

So we could say, his/her mind is in a state of emptiness, but aware of life through sensory connections.

A baby can see, hear, taste and feel the intimate provided around him or her. Even though amniotic fluids muffle sounds, some researchers do make claims the normal emotions the mother experiences in day-to-day life, can help the unborn baby to adapt once they are born. So there we would have a sensory adaptation already in formation of life moving through her/him.

Would that mean the emptiness of a babies mind is Buddha mind?
Old 22-08-2016, 08:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
So we could say, his/her mind is in a state of emptiness, but aware of life through sensory connections.

A baby can see, hear, taste and feel the intimate provided around him or her. Even though amniotic fluids muffle sounds, some researchers do make claims the normal emotions the mother experiences in day-to-day life, can help the unborn baby to adapt once they are born. So there we would have a sensory adaptation already in formation of life moving through her/him.

Would that mean the emptiness of a babies mind is Buddha mind?

What you shared is great not many of us know it. Thanks naturesflow. My wife did the preborn teaching for my youngest son. After he was born, about two and a half months he could say "hello"(5 times) correctly. Within one month after he born, he realized what I said whenever he was crying when I wanted him to stop crying. So he stopped crying as I said.

But I can't relate his mind to pure mind or emptiness. All of my children can see spiritual realm. May be that's a bit different. Their personality is different when they grow older.
Old 22-08-2016, 08:46 AM
Master

Quote:
What you shared is great not many of us know it. Thanks naturesflow. My wife did the preborn teaching for my youngest son. After he was born, about two and a half months he could say "hello"(5 times) correctly. Within one month after he born, he realized what I said whenever he was crying when I wanted him to stop crying. So he stopped crying as I said.

But I can't relate his mind to pure mind or emptiness. All of my children can see spiritual realm. May be that's a bit different. Their personality is different when they grow older.

Do you think a new born baby has ego Jeremy ?