Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 21-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Master
Mind Work

Human Mind,Buddha Mind, others Mind .......

1) The formation of mind. (The differences or relationship between/of the knowledge and mind)

2) The function of mind.

3) The creative mind.

4) The healing mind.

5) The empathy,love, compassion..... mind.

6) The Buddha mind.

7) The mind God (mind creation of Gods).

8) The God mind.

9) The Energy and mind relationship.

10) The animal wild mind.

11) The mind of Nature.

12) The mind of Energy.

13) The mind of Truth.

14) The mind of Creator... creation.
Old 21-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Master
Mind Work

1) The formation of mind.( The difference or relationship between/of the knowledge and mind).

This is more general to discuss with but it isn't that simple to understand. We possess certain mindstream or mindfulness or mind sight to outlook things.

So did knowledge or encounter created our mind? Or we have a mind nature to do things that's equally to our mind.

Let say we often go to fishing. We have a lot of catch and training ourselves to do things with more patient (waiting for the fish) and correct thinking and created a calm/happy mind.

Or we own a pool of colorful koi fish, it will slowly mould us a calm mind. We calm fully to clean its pool and feed them, after they grow well with beautiful shape and color design we feel satisfaction and possess a calm mind.

Or we own pet we make them healthy and happy so it's easier for us to look after our parents when they are at old age or our children. Does these make our mind in a good and right position to face our world? Otherwise when we were training prior on gain and money then I think we careless of empathy or for others....
Old 21-08-2016, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong

1) The formation of mind. (The differences or relationship between/of the knowledge and mind)

2) The function of mind.

3) The creative mind.

4) The healing mind.

6) The Buddha mind.

8) The God mind.

11) The mind of Nature.

12) The mind of Energy.

13) The mind of Truth.

Are these all minds? Or the state of changing awareness in being any or all of these?

The wisdom of samadhi is quite different. Higher level wisdom cannot be written down. It cannot be spoken. True wisdom is the knowledge of the universe that is beyond physical expression.
Old 21-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Master

Quote:

2) The function of mind.

3) The creative mind.

4) The healing mind.

6) The Buddha mind.

8) The God mind.

11) The mind of Nature.

12) The mind of Energy.

13) The mind of Truth.

Can we add the unconditioned mind Jeremy
Old 21-08-2016, 10:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Are these all minds? Or the state of changing awareness in being any or all of these?

They are different States of mind and different minds. That's why I called the title Mind Work.
Old 21-08-2016, 10:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Mind Work

1) The formation of mind.( The difference or relationship between/of the knowledge and mind).

This is more general to discuss with but it isn't that simple to understand. We possess certain mindstream or mindfulness or mind sight to outlook things.

So did knowledge or encounter created our mind? Or we have a mind nature to do things that's equally to our mind.

Let say we often go to fishing. We have a lot of catch and training ourselves to do things with more patient (waiting for the fish) and correct thinking and created a calm/happy mind.

Or we own a pool of colorful koi fish, it will slowly mould us a calm mind. We calm fully to clean its pool and feed them, after they grow well with beautiful shape and color design we feel satisfaction and possess a calm mind.

Or we own pet we make them healthy and happy so it's easier for us to look after our parents when they are at old age or our children. Does these make our mind in a good and right position to face our world? Otherwise when we were training prior on gain and money then I think we careless of empathy or for others....

Hi Jeremy I like your contemplations.

I guess in my view it would be a more a holistic compilation of life experiences, affects, knowledge, conditioning and feelings all rolled into a big picture in our mind of how we respond, react, are within all those things, expressing and relating with what we are responding too.

Through calm mind or mindfulness I believe we can cultivate a more patient present focus, but still what is within our mind will still come into play at certain points of its own arising.

Emptiness of mind for me relates to letting go of the past conditioning to allow an open mind that is aware of itself, aware of how it has been and how it now can be and staying present with what is. If I am agitated or not calm or I am engaged with an experience presented to me, it can certainly affect my response even as I might be aware.

So finding ways to be calm to build that for other things in life might certainly work. A focus on care and immersion to build deeper calmness and acceptance.

I guess I see what your sharing as mindfulness and calm as one.

The wisdom of samadhi is quite different. Higher level wisdom cannot be written down. It cannot be spoken. True wisdom is the knowledge of the universe that is beyond physical expression.
Old 21-08-2016, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

Can we add the unconditioned mind Jeremy

All the types of mind as long they are minds but some of them can only be described by me say the Creator mind. You people can do whose you know and worth to describe by you.
Old 21-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Hi Jeremy I like your contemplations.

I guess in my view it would be a more a holistic compilation of life experiences, affects, knowledge, conditioning and feelings all rolled into a big picture in our mind of how we respond, react, are within all those things, expressing and relating with what we are responding too.

Through calm mind or mindfulness I believe we can cultivate a more patient present focus, but still what is within our mind will still come into play at certain points of its own arising.

Emptiness of mind for me relates to letting go of the past conditioning to allow an open mind that is aware of itself, aware of how it has been and how it now can be and staying present with what is. If I am agitated or not calm or I am engaged with an experience presented to me, it can certainly affect my response even as I might be aware.

So finding ways to be calm to build that for other things in life might certainly work. A focus on care and immersion to build deeper calmness and acceptance.

I guess I see what your sharing as mindfulness and calm as one.

I wonder why the phenomena of people wouldn't follow the pleasant mindset to do things? Is it a matter of formation of mind or wrongly form of crooked mind and then the world is in turmoil? And family in trouble or human hard to unit as a whole? May be they are not training for the empathy, love and show respect to people when/from their young age.

It's good to know Buddhism to follow the teaching of Buddha mind so to mould a mind not greedy of wealth or power. At our life we always have to deal at situation with mindfulness and calm. So no matter how rich or poor you are is great to have a peaceful and calm mind.

And to let go of certain experience is good to relax our mind to expect new pleasant incidence which can keep ourselves in good mood for our response. I think it's more important for the learning than other medical treatment.
Old 21-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Master

Quote:
I wonder why the phenomena of people wouldn't follow the pleasant mindset to do things? Is it a matter of formation of mind or wrongly form of crooked mind and then the world is in turmoil? And family in trouble or human hard to unit as a whole? May be they are not training for the empathy, love and show respect to people when/from their young age.

It's good to know Buddhism to follow the teaching of Buddha mind so to mould a mind not greedy of wealth or power. At our life we always have to deal at situation with mindfulness and calm. So no matter how rich or poor you are is great to have a peaceful and calm mind.

And to let go of certain experience is good to relax our mind to expect new pleasant incidence which can keep ourselves in good mood for our response. I think it's more important for the learning than other medical treatment.

I don't think you can mould a ' Buddha ' mind Jeremy, the original/natural state of mind is Buddha mind. It's about uncovering what is already there.
Old 21-08-2016, 04:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I don't think you can mould a ' Buddha ' mind Jeremy, the original/natural state of mind is Buddha mind. It's about uncovering what is already there.

To mould a Buddha mind is not hard for human but to be like him as his dharma is hard. A Buddha mind is when a person with his mind becomes allay after they were listening the earnestly admonish. They are many Buddhist have the same thinking as Buddha but not his dharma may be he is the only one of his kind. And of course the situation now and Buddha life time are totally different so we can't expect they will do the same thing. May be only few can have very high dharma near to his one. This is one way his teaching influence Buddhist. It's not warped after all.

So are you saying the mind of a new born baby is a Buddha mind? I don't think so.