Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-07-2016, 05:38 PM
kralaro kralaro is offline
Guide
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 660
 
I think some persons after smoking a good dose of N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) have reported experiencing ego death.

Part quoting from https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comme...h_like/c84zbgj
---
WHOOOSH. I am the Source of all creation, but not "me". Everything is one and it is connected. The past, present, and future all exist at this one spot, which is everywhere. Every dimension, every sense of time, everything that could possibly exist does exist and I am in the middle of it, but since "I" am not here, I am a part of it, we all are, everyone is everything.
---
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-07-2016, 06:22 PM
Jeremy Bong Jeremy Bong is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 3,997
  Jeremy Bong's Avatar
Tom,

I think Japanese has practicing ego death. So you must be a Japanese.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-07-2016, 10:10 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5,938
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self
So the ego wants to experience its own death? think about that for a moment.
I've come to believe that this Union cannot come about through an act of will. I've come to believe that no such will can truly be pure and true. It comes from a places that knows nothing of what it wants so why would it want it. An escape of sorts maybe.
I've come to believe that this Union comes by grace alone. We can pray for such a Union, we can do all kinds of works and renunciations, but they will not bring it about.
One glimpse by grace is all it takes and that is our becoming but not our doing.
Yes! This is beautiful and totally true.

I wonder if Tom is going to return to all these threads he created? My Overself pretty much told me the guy was trolling last night...I wanna see if that bears out.

Lots of nice suggestions in this thread and lots of people from everywhere...in the Hindu section. lol

I meant nothing egotistical whatsoever with my initial post, I just know I have a gift I'm not doing anything with and you guys know this too.

So, if Tom isn't trolling and if he reads this, I have just one question: Has Tom ever been in love?

Aum Batuk Bhairavaye Namah
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 13-07-2016, 01:17 AM
Tom Howard Tom Howard is offline
Suspended
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 83
  Tom Howard's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Yes! This is beautiful and totally true.

I wonder if Tom is going to return to all these threads he created? My Overself pretty much told me the guy was trolling last night...I wanna see if that bears out.

Lots of nice suggestions in this thread and lots of people from everywhere...in the Hindu section. lol

I meant nothing egotistical whatsoever with my initial post, I just know I have a gift I'm not doing anything with and you guys know this too.

So, if Tom isn't trolling and if he reads this, I have just one question: Has Tom ever been in love?

Aum Batuk Bhairavaye Namah
Yes, I am in love. I'm in love with the vast cosmos that includes me.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 13-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5,938
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Howard
Yes, I am in love. I'm in love with the vast cosmos that includes me.
Namaste.

Well, the prodigal returns and I was misinformed/incorrect. I can admit this and apologise straight out.

However, now that I know this, the true test of that love will be the ability to surrender to it. To give in and accept this as who you are.

Hold nothing back when you express your feelings to the vast cosmos, including you...make your whole being; your mind and soul a deep expression of it and if tears come, let them. If physical urges come, let it happen. If thoughts come, let them pass with love and into love.

Don't worry about what you are doing or whatever is happening at the time. If you see beautiful things, have visions, experience bliss...let it happen but don't dwell on it either, just keep going back to that love you feel. Don't let the whole concept of 'Samadhi' hold you back from experiencing it.

Anyway, I have to go now, but take care and bless you.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 13-07-2016, 09:51 AM
Jeremy Bong Jeremy Bong is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 3,997
  Jeremy Bong's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Howard
Yes, I am in love. I'm in love with the vast cosmos that includes me.

In the cosmos they are two types of possibility, gathered with the good and gathered with the bad. Just imagine you can go to where? Good or bad side? Tumult is prevailed in spiritual realm. Most spirits are never going to cosmos but staying on earth. Is good to ponder about it!!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 15-07-2016, 04:35 AM
Serrao Serrao is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,461
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Howard
I want Samadhi, I want to experience ego death, I want to merge my mind and spirit with the collective consciousness of the Universe BEFORE I die, how do I come about this? Thank you
In my opinion, with Samadhi there is no elevator.
You have to take the stairs.
The sooner you start, the sooner you "arrive".

In the scriptures it is often stated that the attainment of True Samadhi takes many incarnations.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 15-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Wagner Wagner is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: May 2014
Location: York, PA
Posts: 93
  Wagner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
However, now that I know this, the true test of that love will be the ability to surrender to it. To give in and accept this as who you are.
This is excellent advice, Tom Howard. You do not "get" samadhi. You make yourself an open throne for samadhi to sit in when the conditions are right.

Quote:
Hold nothing back [...]If physical urges come, let it happen. If thoughts come, let them pass with love and into love.

Don't worry about what you are doing or whatever is happening at the time. If you see beautiful things, have visions, experience bliss...let it happen but don't dwell on it either, just keep going back to that love you feel. Don't let the whole concept of 'Samadhi' hold you back from experiencing it.
Yes. ignore all visions. No matter how beautiful. They are but the flirting before the Union. Train your mind everyday. This is important, it works in tangent to how the brain works. By doing regular practice you are strengthening the neural networks which facilitate and habituate meditation. Try to keep the senses reined in. Try to keep the things of your daily life from making strong impressions in your mind. You want your mental medium to be sattvic, to be calm (but not sleepy). Constantly tell yourself that you are pure consciousness. Tell yourself that all is perfect. See everything you do as an action of God manifesting through you. This will lighten Abhyasa. This will enflame Bhakti. Make every moment of your awareness a sacrament unto God Almighty who is in you and is you and is forever.
__________________
..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 15-07-2016, 11:44 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 12,170
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner
Yes. ignore all visions. No matter how beautiful.

Make every moment of your awareness a sacrament unto
God Almighty who is in you and is you and is forever.
Hi Vagner....is that how you pronounce it Vaaag-ner....like the German composer?

This is a common thing I read around..."ignore visions...even the beautiful".
Yet, every moment is a sacrament...so why is there a need
to ignore the beautiful inner visions?

With respect, this was not how I was taught by my Guru.
He clearly would smile at many questions and basically say, "Enjoy"...
As in, whatever visions you see...as you say, no matter how beautiful , "Enjoy!".

I might ignore silly thoughts that pass by that create some silly emotion....but when I see Vistas
of Mountain Ranges, pastures and sunsets...I never ignore them...all of the Universe is within me...

Care to exchange some thoughts on this?
We may be coming from 2 diff schools of meditation teachings.
I do not debate...I would enjoy diff views on this, tho, with a brother meditator.


PS My father was born in Troy, PA.
__________________
.
.
"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as
the Infinite Essence"
~Lahiri Mahasaya, the Guru of Yogananda's Guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.






Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 16-07-2016, 04:44 AM
Wagner Wagner is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: May 2014
Location: York, PA
Posts: 93
  Wagner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi Vagner....is that how you pronounce it Vaaag-ner....like the German composer?
It's actually spelled with two R's.

Quote:
This is a common thing I read around..."ignore visions...even the beautiful".
Yet, every moment is a sacrament...so why is there a need
to ignore the beautiful inner visions?

With respect, this was not how I was taught by my Guru.
He clearly would smile at many questions and basically say, "Enjoy"...
As in, whatever visions you see...as you say, no matter how beautiful , "Enjoy!".

I might ignore silly thoughts that pass by that create some silly emotion....but when I see Vistas
of Mountain Ranges, pastures and sunsets...I never ignore them...all of the Universe is within me...

Care to exchange some thoughts on this?
We may be coming from 2 diff schools of meditation teachings.
I do not debate...I would enjoy diff views on this, tho, with a brother meditator.
Well, one need not ignore the pretty lights so long as one keeps them in perspective and realizes that they are just that. All things are divine; all things are a part of the machinery of the universe. Both the objective and the subjective feed the work. I guess I'm just a stickler for warning against what can be called "mirages" in meditation. If they do not hold you up in your work or slow you down then they are fine. :)


Quote:
PS My father was born in Troy, PA.
He ever meet Helen? I hear she was quite a dish...
__________________
..

Last edited by Wagner : 16-07-2016 at 06:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums