Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 19-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Lorelyen Lorelyen is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 7,022
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleManifestor
Think about when you were a child, when you said "I will tidy my room", did you ever tidy it without further prompting required? If you were like me, you would leave it for as long as possible and only actually do the task when it was demanded, do it now!

So the "I am..." Is stating it as a demand, rather than a request. Same for affirmations, always "I am" is more powerful than "I will". You can't ask when to "I am" but you can to "I will".

The scope of such a task is rather different, wouldn't you say? That concerns just the future tense. I will (to achieve something edifying to the soul) is about perseverance and motivated determination.

You see, (well, I won't "argue" beyond this) your logic fails. The intent isn't what you're doing now. Believing you've already written a list of best sellers is an empty gesture. The intent is that you will across a span of time write best sellers but you haven't done it yet. You won't get far sitting there saying "I am a famous author." because you aren't. At that stage you're purely a thinker.

This LOA stuff works in limited applications. If I wanted to become a famous concert pianist, believing I'm that, now, is plain silly. I'd have to be able to play some pretty technically / artistically complicated music, which I can't as at today. If I could I wouldn't need LOA - except possibly to convert the skills into fame.

One of the guys I sometimes play music with is going bald. He doesn't want that and spent a year believing a) that he wasn't bald and b) therefore, that the LOA would work. He finally gave it up as bunk. It didn't work. Another friend did use it successfully to get herself skinny, probably because it needed just a change of behaviour, not physiology.

As Walter Cronkite would say....and that's the way it is.

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 19-04-2016, 08:18 PM
blackraven blackraven is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,427
  blackraven's Avatar
girlsearching - I am a writer and as such use to write just about everything down in poetry, journals, short stories, prose you name it. I even wrote an autobiography of my life. It was 245 pages and I was going to incorporate my art on some pages of the book. I even sent out the outline/summary of the book to a publisher. Then something happened. I went to a writing seminar and when people asked me what the book was about I didn't want to talk about it. In fact, with the seminar facilitator's help, I discovered that I wrote the book for self-therapeutic means and really didn't want anyone reading my book. So I tucked it away. It's all converted to memory upstairs but recently I decided to set myself free from the past and destroyed the book. I shredded journals and even some poetry. Some people may think that was over the top, but it freed me from dark times I have moved away from.

I wouldn't recommend it for anyone that has any doubts about whether or not he/she wishes to revisit writing from the past because I wiped my hard drive clean and shredded paper copies. I can't get things back.

I do so enjoy reading so much though that other authors write and am glad that they didn't have a change of heart like I did.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 20-04-2016, 02:39 AM
girlsearching girlsearching is offline
Master
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 1,327
  girlsearching's Avatar
The Picture isn't mine its from Octavia Butler's book, I just posted it as a example . She and other Black women writers are inspiring to me because they write fantasy and science fiction stories a genera that not too many black writers often dwell in. I want to be a writer and illustrator someday but I'm rusty with creative writing and I'm not good at knowing where commas and punctuation's go in sentences . Lately I started back drawing in my sketch book but my anatomy sucks and I don't think my characters are near perfect. I know being negative won't help at all but I feel I'm not a good writer and drawer so I don't finish my work. I have other goals that I would like to accomplish like studying my Drivers ed booklet so I can finally pass the written portion of the test, so I can move on to the physical getting behind the wheel of the car test. I have to believe in myself that I can do this and stop holding myself back.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 20-04-2016, 10:14 AM
UncleManifestor UncleManifestor is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 87
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The scope of such a task is rather different, wouldn't you say? That concerns just the future tense. I will (to achieve something edifying to the soul) is about perseverance and motivated determination.

You see, (well, I won't "argue" beyond this) your logic fails. The intent isn't what you're doing now. Believing you've already written a list of best sellers is an empty gesture. The intent is that you will across a span of time write best sellers but you haven't done it yet. You won't get far sitting there saying "I am a famous author." because you aren't. At that stage you're purely a thinker.

This LOA stuff works in limited applications. If I wanted to become a famous concert pianist, believing I'm that, now, is plain silly. I'd have to be able to play some pretty technically / artistically complicated music, which I can't as at today. If I could I wouldn't need LOA - except possibly to convert the skills into fame.

One of the guys I sometimes play music with is going bald. He doesn't want that and spent a year believing a) that he wasn't bald and b) therefore, that the LOA would work. He finally gave it up as bunk. It didn't work. Another friend did use it successfully to get herself skinny, probably because it needed just a change of behaviour, not physiology.

As Walter Cronkite would say....and that's the way it is.



We seem to have very different views on the law of attraction.

My analogy was to highlight the difference between the commands to the universe (the child).
Deliberate creation is about 'fooling' the universe into thinking that there is a disparity between what is meant to be there (your belief) and what is actually there (reality), the universe then sets in motion events (or inspires actions) to make the belief and the reality match.

Your examples are nothing to do with the law of attraction, because they miss a vital part - belief. To manifest requires a belief, belief that you are a virtuoso pianist, belief that his hair will grow back, actual belief, not just saying it, actually believing in your heart that it is true. The reason why it has not worked in your examples is because conditioning (hair pun) from birth has led you to believe that these things can't happen. These are limiting beliefs or blocks.
The blocks need to be removed before the manifestation can happen.

The conventional pianist is told from an early age that it is hard to be a concert pianist, that it requires dedication, practice etc etc. So, over the years of practice their mind's eye view of themselves becomes a belief that they are a concert pianist, but it is all really a confidence trick. They have cultivated the belief over the years, but as Gok Wan says "It's all about the confidence".

Take a look at quantum jumping, Burt Goldman, he is basically proof of this theory. What he does is similar to astral travel, he goes into a trance/meditive state and journeys to a parallel existence in which he meets a version of himself that is adept at the skill he wishes to posses (an artist for example). He then takes on their energy/vibrative state and brings it back with him to this reality.
He has used this technique for a number of skills, despite only starting this technique in his 70s.
It is interesting viewing/reading about him.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 20-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Lorelyen Lorelyen is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 7,022
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
The Picture isn't mine its from Octavia Butler's book, I just posted it as a example . She and other Black women writers are inspiring to me because they write fantasy and science fiction stories a genera that not too many black writers often dwell in. I want to be a writer and illustrator someday but I'm rusty with creative writing and I'm not good at knowing where commas and punctuation's go in sentences . Lately I started back drawing in my sketch book but my anatomy sucks and I don't think my characters are near perfect. I know being negative won't help at all but I feel I'm not a good writer and drawer so I don't finish my work. I have other goals that I would like to accomplish like studying my Drivers ed booklet so I can finally pass the written portion of the test, so I can move on to the physical getting behind the wheel of the car test. I have to believe in myself that I can do this and stop holding myself back.

It's as much practice as anything. Grammatical things like commas and stuff can be learned by careful observation of others' writings aside from a grammar book but there's nothing wrong with a colloquial style. Punctuate as you go! They do say that new writers have a tendency to overuse commas anyway.

I'm intrigued having never read a black SF writer. There are plenty of artists in the Caribbean at least. I don't have a lot of time to read but I'd give a black SF writer a go. There has been some literature coming out of Haiti recently.

Same with drawing, really. If you have the artist in you its great you just need practice. Even for a non-artist practice can get you first class. I'm told a book that's been pretty useful to some is Betty Edwards Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. If you can borrow copy to see whether it would be helpful?

All the bst with it. Affirmations, yes! Persevere.

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 20-04-2016, 12:54 PM
Sarian Sarian is offline
Master
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,438
  Sarian's Avatar
Sounds like what Jim Carrey did when writing himself a check for $1,000,000 and dating it a certain date and one day before the date on his check, he made $1,000,000 from Dumb & Dumber.

Anyway, it can be confusing. I listened to some Abraham-Hicks CDs in my car and found them very enjoyable and realized anytime I had gotten anything that seemed so far from within my reach, it was due to practicing what they talk about...I had been doing so unwittingly. But they tell you to say "I am". Now I have been listening to The Power of Intention" (I think that's the name) by Wayne Dyer in my car...he says to say "I intend", so it's all confusing Even in Abraham Hicks, there are discrepancies regarding I am...they will say if you say "I want" you are focusing what you don't have...so do not say I want...but then other chapters they tell you to say "I want to have x, y and z and I want to be a writer..."...then another chapter again, they say do not say I want, say I am...Sigh..

It is hard to say I am when I am not right now. I just listen to my own self...I might listen or read things to understand my own experiences and perhaps learn more or enhance my own experiences.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 20-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 12,812
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Sometimes...I can say or think..."It's a'comin! It's on it's WAY!
Thank You!"
__________________
.
"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death
by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly, that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"

~Lahiri Mahasaya, the Guru of Yogananda's Guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.







Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 21-04-2016, 07:57 AM
Lorelyen Lorelyen is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 7,022
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Sounds like what Jim Carrey did when writing himself a check for $1,000,000 and dating it a certain date and one day before the date on his check, he made $1,000,000 from Dumb & Dumber.

Anyway, it can be confusing. I listened to some Abraham-Hicks CDs in my car and found them very enjoyable and realized anytime I had gotten anything that seemed so far from within my reach, it was due to practicing what they talk about...I had been doing so unwittingly. But they tell you to say "I am". Now I have been listening to The Power of Intention" (I think that's the name) by Wayne Dyer in my car...he says to say "I intend", so it's all confusing Even in Abraham Hicks, there are discrepancies regarding I am...they will say if you say "I want" you are focusing what you don't have...so do not say I want...but then other chapters they tell you to say "I want to have x, y and z and I want to be a writer..."...then another chapter again, they say do not say I want, say I am...Sigh..


It is hard to say I am when I am not right now. I just listen to my own self...I might listen or read things to understand my own experiences and perhaps learn more or enhance my own experiences.

A healthy scepticism never hurt anyone and often saves the unwary from falling into the trap of misplaced beliefs. There has been a couple of these latter-day gurus taken to pieces by cultural news outlets. One can't mention names here but the Guardian (newspaper) wiped the floor with a well-known "teacher" who has got pretty rich trying to teach people to believe things he obviously didn't believe himself.

Even this LOA thing. Trace it back to the person who first made big with it, Mme Blavatsky. Although she indeed brought to the spiritual world some important insights she's remembered more as a charlatan than a sage.

It's obvious LOA has its limits. It works for some people some of the time. One has to be careful not to confuse it with affirmation which is what it seems to be most times.

Well....I believe deep down that I'm an eagle. But I'm not about to throw myself off a mountainside to prove it....

....
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 21-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Sarian Sarian is offline
Master
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,438
  Sarian's Avatar
LOL, (about the eagle but not going to throw yourself off the mountainside to prove it)..

I do believe I have a healthy bit of skepticism going on...it might kick into high gear when I feel a bit blue...I always evaluate things...In college I went into high gear in research so I tend to research anything...also, I listen to the contradictions and observe contradictions....but for example...LOA...I do believe there is a common vein of truth but over the centuries, people have gotten lost or become prideful and let it go to their egos and branches off and formed a path of their own trying to bring along followers...and usually that's not such a good thing...and while I might practice what I believe are truths or perhaps practice something to see where it goes and if it is, indeed, true...I don't want to be a follower of anyone. I read too many things where it seems the person teaching or advising has let it go to their heads and I will notice something unsavory (to me). I realize it's far too easy to let things to go your head and get puffed up over it and think far too highly of yourself. It's good to love yourself and nothing wrong with admiring your accomplishments but when it crosses the line to where you feel you are something so grand others need to follow you and your words as if you are a god to them...Eh, I nix that.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 24-04-2016, 06:01 PM
joyfirst joyfirst is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 379
  joyfirst's Avatar
This could be a part of the Happy Journal that Robert Smith from Faster EFT recommends. It is the most valuable book one can have. Basically we write there any of the wonderful memories we have that actually happened in our life, we rewrite our bad memories (after we did eft tapping to release emotional charge around them) into the way we wanted them to happen instead, and we can write about things we want to happen.
I started it, and love to read it, especially when pick me up is useful.
I stopped reading fiction long time ago as I can't find any happy all the way through stories. I think our culture got us used to the drama, and now many of us do not find story or movie or song interesting unless it has something dramatic happening. Babies watch Baby Einstein videos happily with just fun things happening in them -they do not need drama yet for their entertainment. And I think I am slowly getting back to that state. Nature and garden to me is so much more interesting than movies or novels.
I would gladly read though other people happy journals as well as my own. :)
__________________
Enjoy the moment- experience life instead of just thinking about it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums