Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 19-04-2016, 05:13 AM
girlsearching girlsearching is offline
Master
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 1,273
  girlsearching's Avatar
Writing your life into Existence ?

After seeing Octavia Butler's Journal she is a science-fiction author who literally wrote her life into existence, I would love to discuss that and possibly get more info on this process.

I was inspired after seeing this, being a writer myself, this is something I want to do. Have any of you done this method?

What else do you think she did? (other than the obvious "work").


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Lorelyen Lorelyen is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 6,272
 
That''s the way to do it. That, plus visualising the various stages of it happening,
like the final stage would be sitting in a bookshop watching people browse
the shelves, pull out your books, read the blurbs and maybe the first page
then buy them with a smile.

Kind of thing.

Best wishes for your endeavours...

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 19-04-2016, 11:59 AM
UncleManifestor UncleManifestor is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 87
 
You might want to change the statements to "I am ..." Rather than the "I will ..." As "I will" translates to NOT NOW, so it will always be a future event.

"It is done!" Is also a good way to end it.
I wish you every success and I look forward to buying a signed copy of your works :)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 19-04-2016, 03:04 PM
Lorelyen Lorelyen is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 6,272
 
^^^ Don't agree. I will is a focus on the intent.

It's fine to say "I am" (writing a best seller) for the thing you're working on
But it always needs an eye to the future. "It will" (be a best seller) if you're going to visualise your place in the future.

The illustration in the original post is "each of my books will be on the best seller lists."
They have yet to be written. LOA wouldn't be appropriate for work yet to be done.
It would be a pretence to imagine they already are!


...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 19-04-2016, 03:54 PM
Adrienne Adrienne is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: an alternate reality
Posts: 25,983
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleManifestor
You might want to change the statements to "I am ..." Rather than the "I will ..." As "I will" translates to NOT NOW, so it will always be a future event.

"It is done!" Is also a good way to end it.
I wish you every success and I look forward to buying a signed copy of your works :)

I agree with UncleManifestor in the using of " I am a bestselling author "

and also agree with the " I will " translates to NOT NOW, but in the future. This is almost like using the word " try " .... which translates to never achieving , but always stuck in the process of " trying " .

I have seen something similar to this, where one writes down what they are wanting to achieve, have, etc ... but it is all written in the present tense as if one already has what they are wanting to have.

so I would change that whole list on the bottom of the page of paper from " I wills .... " to for example :

My books are read by millions of people !
I have a beautiful home in an excellent neighborhood

Write it down, and ' see it ' as if you already have what you are wanting,
I believe this is a form of strong intention.

Best wishes to you girlsearching !



__________________
♥ love always ♥

Expect Miracles !


Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 19-04-2016, 04:06 PM
UncleManifestor UncleManifestor is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 87
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
^^^ Don't agree. I will is a focus on the intent.

It's fine to say "I am" (writing a best seller) for the thing you're working on
But it always needs an eye to the future. "It will" (be a best seller) if you're going to visualise your place in the future.

The illustration in the original post is "each of my books will be on the best seller lists."
They have yet to be written. LOA wouldn't be appropriate for work yet to be done.
It would be a pretence to imagine they already are!


...

You are meant to be thinking from the perspective of it having already manifested, that way things slot into place to make it happen (such as penning the words, finding a publisher, etc etc).
This is one of the main points that Esther Hicks (Abraham) emphasises again and again, think that you have it now and the universe fills in the gaps, either through inspiring action or things syncing up.

The intent was there when you first thought of writing the books.

If you are thinking from the perspective of "I will ..." Then it is sending a message to the universe that you are not ready for it to happen yet.

Think about when you were a child, when you said "I will tidy my room", did you ever tidy it without further prompting required? If you were like me, you would leave it for as long as possible and only actually do the task when it was demanded, do it now!

So the "I am..." Is stating it as a demand, rather than a request. Same for affirmations, always "I am" is more powerful than "I will". You can't ask when to "I am" but you can to "I will".
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 19-04-2016, 04:13 PM
UncleManifestor UncleManifestor is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 87
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
I agree with UncleManifestor in the using of " I am a bestselling author "

and also agree with the " I will " translates to NOT NOW, but in the future. This is almost like using the word " try " .... which translates to never achieving , but always stuck in the process of " trying " .

I have seen something similar to this, where one writes down what they are wanting to achieve, have, etc ... but it is all written in the present tense as if one already has what they are wanting to have.

so I would change that whole list on the bottom of the page of paper from " I wills .... " to for example :

My books are read by millions of people !
I have a beautiful home in an excellent neighborhood

Write it down, and ' see it ' as if you already have what you are wanting,
I believe this is a form of strong intention.

Best wishes to you girlsearching !




Thank you for confirming what I thought Adrienne! I wondered if I was going mad for a second or two there, memory playing tricks or something.

I have a fantastic memory
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 19-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 12,287
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Thumbs up

I am, It is done. So be it...yup.
Then burn it after it has been under a pyramid for awhile!!!
Hahaha!
Has worked for me to friends' amazement ... and I mean the 'impossible'
came about...that was 1989.
I've been doing this since about '84.
Oh, the success stories!
With heart and force and emotion and desire it is very powerful.
__________________
.
"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death
by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly, that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"

~Lahiri Mahasaya, the Guru of Yogananda's Guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.







Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 19-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Adrienne Adrienne is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: an alternate reality
Posts: 25,983
 
I like this one !
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleManifestor
This is one of the main points that Esther Hicks (Abraham) emphasises again and again, think that you have it now and the universe fills in the gaps, either through inspiring action or things syncing up.


I really like that idea, "think that we have it now and the universe fills in the gaps !! "

I am making changes in my manifesting techniques NOW, as we speak ! or at the moment, I am speaking and you are listening, lol.

And you are welcome on the confirmation of your earlier post/ thoughts re " I am " VS " I will "
__________________
♥ love always ♥

Expect Miracles !


Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction

Last edited by Adrienne : 19-04-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 19-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Adrienne Adrienne is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: an alternate reality
Posts: 25,983
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I am, It is done. So be it...yup.
Then burn it after it has been under a pyramid for awhile!!!
Hahaha!
Has worked for me to friends' amazement ... and I mean the 'impossible'
came about...that was 1989.
I've been doing this since about '84.
Oh, the success stories!
With heart and force and emotion and desire it is very powerful.

And Miss H. is inspiration herself, with all her positive vibes, believing as she does .... making everything seem so easy. If you wrote a book, I would be first in line for an autographed copy !

Just reading your posts, makes me believe EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE ! even those which one usually thinks might be impossible.

Thanks so much for your uplifting and inspirational posts !

__________________
♥ love always ♥

Expect Miracles !


Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums