Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 04-02-2018, 03:50 PM
Master

"I tried the channeling stuff in Opening to Channel but I got scared at the part when I'm supposed to meet my guide. Everything was fine up until then. On Feb. 1 I got the message "He is backing up." I think that is my guide saying he is backing up to give me time to review/study more before meeting me."

I agree. A lot of Opening scared me. The first time I picked it up and started reading it, I had to put it down. I didn't get very far that first time. I picked it up again later, and read more, but I had learned more in the meantime, and I think I was ready for the more. It is a channeled book, and I have learned that channeled works are written in layers, and we get what we need and leave the rest for later :) when we are called to it again. I have never made it all the way through that book. I received what I needed when I needed it. Maybe someday I will be called back to it and finish it LOL.

I can totally relate to being scared about meeting your guides. It is so personal, and for me, its like, I'm not sure I want to meet this being who knows way too much about me. So I did it the easy way. I wanted to meet Seth, I was called to meet Seth, and so, when I got to the part in Opening where you go to the guides room, I envisioned meeting Seth. It was not so personal for me anymore, and that I could handle. And I knew what he *looked* like, from Robert's painting of him, so I had something to visualize. It helped me not be afraid, because I WANTED to meet him. I didn't really want to meet my guide at that time. It's weird. I have since met her and spoken to her a few times over the years, but even though she is my main guide, I don't really talk to her much. She has been very helpful, but there is a distance there - maybe a fear still - don't really know.

Sylvia Browne has a beautiful meditation for meeting your guides that I did before I picked up Opening. I love guided visualizations. They are powerful for me because they paint the picture, and I don't have to imagine it all by myself. The first time I did this meditation, I met Jesus. Really. Was not expecting it to be him. But I wasn't afraid, just totally at peace when I did the meditation.

I looked it up on You Tube to see if I could find this for you, but couldn't. However there are several on there by Sylvia. If you haven't *met* Sylvia, she has this gravely voice and irreverent sense of humor. I instantly connected to her, the first time I saw her on Montel.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:55 PM
Master

"He is very sick." I didn't get the sense that this was about your son, if that helps at all.

It could simply be a belief on my part, because I believe that everyone we have lost is in a better place than we are, and full of love and joy and here to help us wherever they can.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:00 PM
Master

"Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife by Eben Alexander."

I can honestly say I've read just about every book I can on this subject, except maybe this one. I love these accounts of the other side.

The first one I read was Embraced by the Light by Betty J. Eadie. Such comfort there.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
Does the way we eat affect effect? (I can't tell those two words apart) channeling? Will I be a better channel if I've been eating nutritiously? if I've avoided caffeine? If I've avoided sugar?

Well, for me, I can honestly say it doesn't matter what I've eaten. It helps if you are comfortable and not overstuffed. As long as your body is comfortable and you can relax, all is well.

I did buy the audio of Opening, and that helped me a lot. It is different from the book, and is Orin's meditations. Very powerful and loving and a beautiful peaceful energy. Awesome guided meditations.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
Oh. I forgot something I wanted to mention in reply to what you'd said about evil. In the neurosurgeon book, the author sees? these dark specks (I don't know if he really does, but that's the image in my mind. I don't know if that's how he reveals the thought or not) that represent evil. There are really very few of them. He is told, while in "heaven" that evil is necessary if we are given free will, and because of the free will thing on earth, there is more evil on earth than in the rest of the universe, but even on earth, there isn't much of it.

Evil is uncommon, but it is so powerful and shocking, in my experience, that it makes me gun shy. It has made me overestimate how much there is. I think my mother has some real good in her, but I think she also has some evil. I say this because she sometimes hurts people for the pleasure of it. I have had no contact with her for years and I have no intention of having contact with her again. But there were many times I resumed contact with her after a few years, and always the same pattern emerged. I hope my mother changes, though I don't see it happening. If it does happen, I won't be there to see it. What's sad is that her sadism increases her suffering. It's so clear to me how she is bringing about her own misery. She, however, blames everything on everyone else.

Now, if that isn't oversharing, I don't know what is.

My heart goes out to you. I can't imagine what growing up with her was like, but it's good you got out and stayed out.

I have learned it is not my job to fix anyone. They have to do it themselves. That is a hard lesson to learn, I think especially for empaths. Because it feels like we can help. But I think it says more about us than it does anyone else. And coming to terms with, I can't fix anyone else, I can only fix myself, we have to learn who we can be around and who we can't.

I think there is help for everyone, and that the other side is always helping, but it does not have to come through us. And knowing there is help from other sources, from source itself, lets me off the hook.

One of the greatest things I heard after I was grown and a product of divorce was, it was not my fault.

I extend that to you. It was not your fault, it wasn't anything to do with you.

As children, we absorb and take on so much of what is not ours. Guilt, shame, blame.

In time, we learn we need to set ourselves free
Old 04-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Experiencer

One of the greatest things I heard after I was grown and a product of divorce was, it was not my fault.

I extend that to you. It was not your fault, it wasn't anything to do with you.

As children, we absorb and take on so much of what is not ours. Guilt, shame, blame.

In time, we learn we need to set ourselves free

Thank you. I know, now, that it isn't about me. For so long I hated myself, thought I was bad...and all that rot. But I am fully in a different place and I know my own goodness. The last time I saw my mother was when she was kicking me out of her house after I went there to escape a flood. She was giving me her litany, "you're just....[insert cruel language] you're soo..[more cruel language]." and I turned to her and said very calmly. "You don't know me." And it was utterly freeing. I could see myself and I could see that she couldn't and never had.
Her hateful messages had no power over me any more because I knew who I was and what she said just didn't fit. And yet, those years of living with her affected me deeply and helped shape me. Part of who I am today is in response to her,, and in some ways I am still handicapped because of the past, but it just is, and I deal with it the best I can. I don't think I am resentful...we are all shaped, but we also make choices that affect how we are shaped. I could have identified with her, for instance, and become cruel,
but I chose not to go that way. I am proud of myself for the choices I've made and for the growth I've achieved. And I am so, so, so thankful for the opportunities and blessings that have come my way. I am also sad that my mother is so stuck, so unhappy, so cruel. But you're right: others can help her. She has to, however, take responsibility for her own actions before she can change. It's funny how some of us take too much responsibility and others not enough.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:01 PM
Experiencer

Well, for me, I can honestly say it doesn't matter what I've eaten. It helps if you are comfortable and not overstuffed. As long as your body is comfortable and you can relax, all is well.

Whew. I did think I had been eating a bunch of junk recently when I got all sorts of messages, but then I wondered if I remembered correctly.

I did buy the audio of Opening, and that helped me a lot. It is different from the book, and is Orin's meditations. Very powerful and loving and a beautiful peaceful energy. Awesome guided meditations.

There are some free audios on their site. At least they were there three days or so ago. Limited time. I've downloaded them but have yet to listen to them. I think they are like 4-6 minutes long each.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:18 PM
Master

I've been doing some forgiveness exercises in a program I purchased. But it is also free online. Here is the basis of the exercise - and I can't tell you the name of the video on this website without cursing LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX7ms2k51rE&t=1935s

I sort of made it my own, as I do.

Did I mention I skip around a lot?

I am enjoying the National Holiday - the superbowl day. I am not actually going to watch it, but it is a nice excuse to relax.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:20 PM
Experiencer

"He is very sick." I didn't get the sense that this was about your son, if that helps at all.

It could simply be a belief on my part, because I believe that everyone we have lost is in a better place than we are, and full of love and joy and here to help us wherever they can.

I remember one book that talked about the afterlife. Can't remember the title now. But someone who did awful things during the holocaust was "there" after death, but he couldn't live with himself, and so he went into himself, kinda like a coma patient. And others circled him and sang to him and prayed for him. He was definitely suffering because he couldn't escape what he'd done. No one was persecuting him, but he couldn't face himself, and he had to, before he could move on.

I think that place was a kind of hospital.

When I did EVP in order to contact my son, I sometimes reached a group of people who once told me my son wasn't there. I think they said he was at the hospital. I think he, too, had to face what he'd done. I think he had to realize how much he hurt me, and others, of course, by his suicide, and I think that had to have been awful.

But I had thought he had gotten beyond that. I couldn't think, however, of who else "he" would be. There aren't really any males in my life. It could be my ex husband, I suppose, but I don't think so.

Now I just read this morning in Madly Chasing Peace that the author's cat is very ill. And it is a "he." I think that sentence "he is very sick" is another book pre-cognition! That is so weird!
Old 04-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Experiencer

I will look up Chakras for beginners. My daughter explained Chakras to me a long time ago, with visuals and everything. My husband is an energy worker and works with his Chakras. As I've grown on my spiritual journey, I have done some work with my Chakras, and I sort of understand them, and I know innately I am still working on my root chakra (darn it - I feel like I should have graduated from that Chakra by now LOL), but my life is a work in process, and really there is only so much I can process at one time. It has been difficult for me to just work on one subject at a time, I am more ADD than that! I sort of bounce back and forth between subjects, unless I am specifically called to one thing, then I can't let go until I absorb that. And apparently Chakras haven't made that list yet.

Regarding the Chakra book: It seems that the first part is really slow. I wanted to zoom past it into other stuff, but the first part is really important. It's just I want to do it all instantaneously! When I first tried to read it, I couldn't really see the relevance. But this time I really, really can.

There's a chapter on balance, which is exactly what I needed. And another called "surrender," which I also needed. And then I did the first and second chakra chapters. I expected my first chakra would need a lot of work, but I HAVE been working on it...not always making the connection to the book....since the last time I read the chakra book. and though my first chakra isn't perfect, it's pretty good. The place where I am a MESS is my second chakra, and I am getting lots and lots of help, both through the chakra book and my other readings. I'm at the third chakra in the chakra book, but each chapter is so comprehensive and meaningful, that I"m not sure I want to do chapter three just yet. I'm pretty sure that chakra is a mess as well. When I feel anxiety, it's right at my third chakra that I feel it: loss off control.

Yes, I'm thinking that book will be helpful to you, but I get what you mean about the timing. I am getting a LOT out of it now,, whereas before it just seemed like theory.