Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 29-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Master
how to use affirmations?

how often do they need to be repeated? is a certain number needed or certian way? thank you
Old 29-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
how often do they need to be repeated? is a certain number needed or certian way? thank you

Here is a wonderfull website http://www.netadssell.com/affirmations/ and you can down load her book on affirmations for free xxx
Affirmations Your passport to happiness ( book)

Personally I say them when I remember them lol . I sing them to myself when walking in the park when nobody is around .

I also use a crystal to help with my affirmations x

I'm really tired now must go to bed lol it's half past midnight x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 29-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Master
Crystals and Affirmations

Affirmations and visualization are powerful tools of manifesting wealth and success, bringing whatever you desire to fruition.

"Affirmations, really, are simple. They are you being in conscious control of your thoughts. They are short, powerful statements. When you say them or think them or even hear them, they become the thoughts that create your reality. Affirmations, then, are your conscious thoughts." [1]

Edgar Cayce spoke of affirmations in many of his readings and subsequent material. In the mid 80's, Shakti Gawain was the author of a best selling book entitled ‘Creative Visualization’. In it, she spoke of repeating affirmations while working with her creative visualization process.

Wallace Wattles, in his book, 'The Science of Getting Rich' said, "Men get rich by doing things in a Certain Way; and in order to do so, men must become able to think in a Certain Way. A man's way of doing things is the direct result of the way he thinks about things." In other words, "What you state, you create".

Just a few years ago, another phenomenon, called "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne touted affirmations as one of the most powerful tools used in the Law of Attraction.

In fact, Rhonda Byrne told a Newsweek interviewer that her inspiration for creating the 2006 hit film The Secret and the subsequent book by the same name, was her exposure to Wattles's The Science of Getting Rich. Byrne's daughter, Hayley, had given her mother a copy of the Wattles book to help her recover from her breakdown. The film itself also references and re-popularizes the term ‘The Law of Attraction’, a 1908 book by another New Thought author, William Walker Atkinson, titled "Thought Vibration or the Law of Attraction in the Thought World." [2]

I believe this writer sums up the affirmation/attraction process quite well. "For the utmost power and the strongest attraction, carefully construct affirmations that are first person, present tense, end-result-oriented, and filled with powerful emotion and feeling. While thoughts and words start the attraction process, it's the emotion and feeling associated (or lacking) that intensify (or weaken) the attractive force." [3]

We know affirmations can work and that clarity is very important. We also know that you need to be in a happy, joyous, high vibrational state of emotion so that the affirmation can connect with the universal energy. Yet, there is something else that you may or may not know. There is another tool you can use. A tool that will help you to remain focused, positive and in a state of high vibration.

Your crystals, of course!

You see, ALL crystals have an energy vibration or frequency, even if you cannot feel it. Many crystals have a grounding energy, which are a lower vibrational frequency. Other crystals have a vibration that can help to balance or center our own energies. Still others raise our energy vibration to match their own. These higher vibrational crystals can help us to reach that state of conscious connection with Universal energy. It is in this joyous vibration that we truly are stating (Affirmation) what we are creating (Law of Attraction).

Think of it this way: The affirmation is the light bulb, empowering the affirmation with your emotion is the bulb socket and the crystal is the electricity which provides the power/energy.

I highly recommend working with some of the higher frequency crystals when sitting down to focus on your affirmations/attraction/manifestations. Holding a crystal in each hand helps to complete the energy "circuit".

Now that you understand how crystals can enhance your affirmation process, let's look at a few crystals you may want to consider using.

The energy of Topaz is a "must have" when working with the Law of Attraction and the Law of Manifestation. Topaz serves as a catalyst for the manifestation process. It has a high vibrational frequency which is key when connecting with the higher energies.

Quartz is especially helpful as it helps to amplify both body energy and thought.

Cavansite is very helpful in raising our own energy vibration to meet the higher vibration of the crystal itself. This allows meditation, dreams, channeling work and healing to come easily and effortlessly.

Apophyllite has been used to create a conscious connection between the physical form and the spiritual realm. It carries a very high vibration and would be a perfect piece to use when working with your affirmations.

Every person's energy vibrations are unique. No two are ever the same, so choose whatever high vibration crystals you are drawn to. Practice using your crystals while stating your affirmations. Try different combinations. Hold the crystals in your hand and see how that feels to you. I often make a circle on my floor out of crystals and sit inside of the circle while I concentrate on my affirmation/attraction. Power up your energy vibration. There is no limit to what you can do!

www.healingcrystals.com
Written by Mira Bai

Expert Contributor for Healing Crystals also read this link http://www.rainbowcrystal.com/crystal/program.html on using crystals with affirmations x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 29-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Master
THANK YOU SO MUCH TOPAZ! <3
Old 31-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Iodine

I like to write affirmations down several times but I enjoy writing. You can also say them, shout them (unless you live in an apartment building or something :), or buy a CD of affirmations (Louise Hay has made some great ones) put them on itunes and then transfer to your ipod and listen to them as you go about your day. It's worked for me.
Old 31-01-2011, 06:04 PM
AngelBreeze

Affirmations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iodine
I like to write affirmations down several times but I enjoy writing. You can also say them, shout them (unless you live in an apartment building or something :), or buy a CD of affirmations (Louise Hay has made some great ones) put them on itunes and then transfer to your ipod and listen to them as you go about your day. It's worked for me.

Greetings Iodine! You are right in what you say about affirmations! The more one repeats them, the more they are able to be instilled into one's mind and thoughts thereby hopefully helping to enable the change one is seeking.

You mention Louise Hay and her affirmations. Were you aware that she has a wonderful website whereby you can check every day and see a new affirmation there? It can be found at: http://www.louisehay.com/affirmations/index.php

May your day be very uplifting and light as angel wings!

Last edited by AngelBreeze : 31-01-2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: my format changes with HTML
Old 03-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Master
I repeat affirmations mentally any time I encounter an appropriate situation. For example if I am in a situation that makes me nervous (like public speaking), I might use something like 'I am unstoppable', or 'I have a valuable message to commuicate and people are interested in what I have to say'. If I am feeling rushed I might use 'I have enough time to accomplish everything that needs accomplishing' or 'everything will happen in its time'.

Make sure not to use negative affirmations. Something like 'I am never late' will backfire because the subconcious (and the cosmos) doesn't deal in negatives. You can say 'I am never late', but what you manifest is 'I am late' without the never. Instead use something like 'I am always on time', even if it isn't true now. A great technique, especially if you are just starting with affirmations, is to write them down on paper in big letters and post them around the house so that you can see them. This helps to keep them in your mind throughout the day so that you can remember to use them.

The most important things are to use them regularly and believe in thier power to change the way you think. They are a great way to deal with negativity when it arises. Replace negative thoughts with a powerful affirmation. Another key element is finding those phrases that have a significant meaning for you. My affirmations work for me because they fit the context of my life, and the things that I have learned along the way. Take those phrases or ideas which are powerful for you and adapt them as affirmations.

An example from my own life: I can choose which side to be on, light or darkness. I choose light, or the side of God. Therefore I am on God's side. That means that He is on my side also. If God is on my side, who can stand against me? I have adapted this idea into an affirmation 'God is on my side' that I use when I feel alone, or overwhelmed, or just need a shoulder to lean on.

With Love
athribiristan
Old 03-02-2011, 02:03 PM
earthprowler

and when all else fails.........beg!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Medium_Laura

My favorite book for affirmations is Deepak Chopra "The 7 Spiritual Laws to Success"
Old 03-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Master
I repeat affirmations mentally any time I encounter an appropriate situation. For example if I am in a situation that makes me nervous (like public speaking), I might use something like 'I am unstoppable', or 'I have a valuable message to commuicate and people are interested in what I have to say'. If I am feeling rushed I might use 'I have enough time to accomplish everything that needs accomplishing' or 'everything will happen in its time'.

Make sure not to use negative affirmations. Something like 'I am never late' will backfire because the subconcious (and the cosmos) doesn't deal in negatives. You can say 'I am never late', but what you manifest is 'I am late' without the never. Instead use something like 'I am always on time', even if it isn't true now. A great technique, especially if you are just starting with affirmations, is to write them down on paper in big letters and post them around the house so that you can see them. This helps to keep them in your mind throughout the day so that you can remember to use them.

The most important things are to use them regularly and believe in thier power to change the way you think. They are a great way to deal with negativity when it arises. Replace negative thoughts with a powerful affirmation. Another key element is finding those phrases that have a significant meaning for you. My affirmations work for me because they fit the context of my life, and the things that I have learned along the way. Take those phrases or ideas which are powerful for you and adapt them as affirmations.

An example from my own life: I can choose which side to be on, light or darkness. I choose light, or the side of God. Therefore I am on God's side. That means that He is on my side also. If God is on my side, who can stand against me? I have adapted this idea into an affirmation 'God is on my side' that I use when I feel alone, or overwhelmed, or just need a shoulder to lean on.

With Love
athribiristan