Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Master
Well, it apparently occurred on the day of Pentecost, as described in the New Testament book of Acts. And, many other miracles too.
I reject certain Pentacostal denominations belief, though, that it is a neccesity to the Faith, such as in the Church of God, and others.

Why did they refute that it was about the disciples being drunk on "New Wine" though? Old wine is not potent?
Probably because "New" wine was cheaper, as it also is, today.

S-Word. You don't hold the perspective that the alien situation is demonic?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-06-2012, 12:07 AM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Well, it apparently occurred on the day of Pentecost, as described in the New Testament book of Acts. And, many other miracles too.
I reject certain Pentacostal denominations belief, though, that it is a neccesity to the Faith, such as in the Church of God, and others.

Why did they refute that it was about the disciples being drunk on "New Wine" though? Old wine is not potent?
Probably because "New" wine was cheaper, as it also is, today.

S-Word. You don't hold the perspective that the alien situation is demonic?

No! But apparently the women who claim that they were raped by aliens, do.

Although I do believe that soon, we are to receive a visitation from light beings who are no longer human, and yet originated from the human race, who will descend through time as did Enoch, and each of them, as did the heavenly Enoch, who was reborn on earth as the man Jesus, shall choose from the body of mankind, a host body, in which they can be reborn on earth. Those host bodies will be people who have been true to "Who They Are" and have not condemned the commands of their indwelling ancestral spirit as evil.

From the Book of Enoch the prophet 108: 11-13; “And now I will summons the spirits of the good who belong to the generation of light, and I will transform those who were born in darkness, who, in the flesh were not recompensed with such honour as their faithfulness deserved. And I will bring forth in shining light those who have loved My holy name (Who I Am,) and I will seat each one on the throne of his honour. And they shall be resplendent for times without number.”
Old 23-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Zem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Any disagreement about the following?

"1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;

7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part;

10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.
11When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.

13 But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love."

I agree entirely. I think Paul hit the nail on the head. He's basically saying : who cares if you speak in tongues, what are you doing with your life?! It's like Jesus said about the people who call him "Lord, Lord". We can run around singing songs, speaking in tongues, and going to church, but if we're not loving others, and putting the teaching of Christ into practice, we're hypocrites. I don't like how speaking in tongues has become an end-all be-all of spirituality.
Old 30-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfreedom9
I think most the time it is our Self, our true Self.
This sounds as good as any other explanation....

I have this occur pretty much daily, over the last 20 yrs.
I'm not a Christian however ,never read the bible, but know for me....
it's usually like bold text .
An energy that emphasizes a specially meaningful spiritual truth I think, hear or read. And expresses itself in a language I'm unfamiliar with.

To those who haven't experienced it personally it no doubt seems weird , possibly scary.
Yet ridiculing-demeaning others experiences in these (spiritual) forums seems unchristian, even for non christians posting here.
But I suppose that's the risk one takes by speaking-sharing ones "truth"

Old 03-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Yet ridiculing-demeaning others experiences in these (spiritual) forums seems unchristian,
Well, thank you Henri, but, I must say - any doubt expressed or demeaning is
like oil/water off a duck's back.
We all pretty much know at our ages that a person that ridicules says
way more about himself than the one it is directed at....I think anyway, at this
point in the game.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-07-2012, 09:06 PM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, thank you Henri, but, I must say - any doubt expressed or demeaning is
like oil/water off a duck's back.
We all pretty much know at our ages that a person that ridicules says
way more about himself than the one it is directed at....I think anyway, at this
point in the game.

Well! I for one, hate to see a lie spreading throughout our society and corrupting the minds of our children, and when ever I hear or see a lie, I can do no other than expose it for the lie that it is.

It's no good sending a person who can't speak English to tell me something, so why would God bother.

The speaking in tongues, was an experience that occurred after the death of the Lord when the spirit of the righteous dead within the spiritual enclosure which was the glorious body of our Lord God and saviour, was being poured out as fire upon the Jews and the Gentiles.

Each person who had received a little tongue of fire, which was their share of the hidden manna, the immortal spiritual body of our Lord God and saviour, whose spirit had descended upon his chosen host body, "Jesus of Nazareth" in the form of a dove, then spoke through their chosen host bodies, in the language of their country.

Many of those who had gathered in Jerusalem at that time, who were from the neighbouring countries, heard them speaking in their own tongue, and understood the languages that they were familiar with.

From then on, and after the spirit had been passed onto the Gentiles as witnessed by Peter, that spirit could only be passed on by the laying on of the hands of those who had received it.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:25 AM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shareunity
Why does it happen ?
Have you witnessed it ?
Why do people speak in tongues as they pray or which ever?
Hmm...somebody care to explain ? Thank u bunches

- shareunity.

Many people feel so moved by the meditation prayer in any religion actually they will spout out jibberish.
Why? Because a trans like feeling hits and they just do.
Yes I have witnessed it.

When I see people faint and speak in tongues and shake while being prayed on I feel people imo is in a cult like state.<but thats my opinion.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Many people feel so moved by the meditation prayer in any religion actually they will spout out jibberish.
Why? Because a trans like feeling hits and they just do.
Yes I have witnessed it.

When I see people faint and speak in tongues and shake while being prayed on I feel people imo is in a cult like state.<but thats my opinion.
I think the best way tofirm an opinion on something is try it.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:25 AM
Occultist

I can form an opinion about a Volcano without jumping in. Or form an opinion on Heavens gate or Jim Jones peoples church without drinking the kool-aid.
These are my own opinions if you do speak in tongues and you feel its a heavenly manifestation of your God so be it.
It is okay that some people does not agree.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:42 AM
Sybilline

Whether it is "True" or not, what I know for sure is that it is true for those that have experienced it (I haven't). Let's face it, it's not easy to define ACTUAL/ULTIMATE/THE/TRUTH anyway. I don't even know what's real anymore.

Look at all the creatures, animals, plants, the seas, the earth. Sometimes I think we're the only ones that even have this kind of judgement. True/False, Right/Wrong. Sometimes I think every other creature treats events, situations, as what they are, without judgement. Sometimes I think we're the only creatures that don't live in the NOW.

Except maybe for Elephants and other animals that seem to exhibit a taste for revenge... Ah well... I really don't know... >.<