Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 15-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Blue Cat

Great post
Old 16-11-2014, 07:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
I attended a school presentation today with a Dakota Elder who served as a peacekeeper in Canada`s military. November 11th is Remembrance Day in Canada.

First, he made me cry with a beautiful Flag Song he sang with his Drum. He chuckled afterward, saying his voice wasn't so good anymore. Not true. I could've listened to him sing and drum for hours.

Then a teacher asked him, "Why do you think it's important that our students know about our country's war involvement and the Aboriginal soldiers who fought in it?"

He touched his heart: "First you need to start here. What emotions do you have when you hear these stories. Then what thoughts do you have about what you feel? Then you need to put your thoughts into action." He choked up a bit and said, "There is still a war going on downtown in our city. Our people are shooting and stabbing each other every day. What can you do about that? what does your heart say about that? That's what I want these young people to remember from today."

The mood was quite sombre after he said that, and even though his presentation was over, nobody wanted to leave! He has such a magical way of speaking. I'm so glad our students got to listen to him today.

It is testimony to a fallen situation. Fallen from something higher, apart from the evolutionary, "construct". Apart from the physical, and organic.

Unchanging from the beginning of, " time ".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein