Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 07-02-2011, 02:12 PM
windwhistle

'Bad' thing happened

I don't know where to post this but I feel the Taoism forum is most like my home place. So I hope it's so..If I get o's again after another post here I will feel like all I do is annoy you

My husband is on the Medical Marijuana program which is legal in this state. However, he was stopped by a policeman last night who saw the weed on his dashboard and arrested him. He was not smoking and riding arund...he hadn't smoked in 3-4 hours but mj stays in your system for 30 days and they tested him and he failed.

He spent a horrible, frightening night in jail. I was on the phone with the bail bondsman and him all day trying to get him out, Finally he showed up at home by taxi late last night. He was a wreck and crying and full of fear and shame.

Now this guy is very Taoist without knowing it. He has a wonderful attitude about life, always happy, loves to make people laugh, is very responsible, works two jobs, homeowner, musician, artist, totally himself in a beautiful way...etc.

He does have an awful anxiety problem and has tried psyche meds instead of mj but they cause him to fall asleep. His anxiety runs in his family...his grand-mother was so nervous she had to have a labotomy.

The point here is he was legal to smoke it, but not to have it in the car. He showed them his papers but they didn't care. We've been told once he goes to court and they see he's in the mj program they'll throw it out.

I am angry, feel bad for him and at the same time weirdly detached. I know that something good always comes out of bad situations. It was an emotionally wrenching day plus I had to work and keep checking my phone for collect calls from jail. Btw, he's never been to jail. It's going to cost our hard saved money.

I just need a little support. Does anyone in Taoism love me or should I go elsewhere? I'm just human, trying to follow the way...sometimes it gets swampy...this path.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
I don't know where to post this but I feel the Taoism forum is most like my home place. So I hope it's so..If I get o's again after another post here I will feel like all I do is annoy you

My husband is on the Medical Marijuana program which is legal in this state. However, he was stopped by a policeman last night who saw the weed on his dashboard and arrested him. He was not smoking and riding arund...he hadn't smoked in 3-4 hours but mj stays in your system for 30 days and they tested him and he failed.

He spent a horrible, frightening night in jail. I was on the phone with the bail bondsman and him all day trying to get him out, Finally he showed up at home by taxi late last night. He was a wreck and crying and full of fear and shame.

Now this guy is very Taoist without knowing it. He has a wonderful attitude about life, always happy, loves to make people laugh, is very responsible, works two jobs, homeowner, musician, artist, totally himself in a beautiful way...etc.

He does have an awful anxiety problem and has tried psyche meds instead of mj but they cause him to fall asleep. His anxiety runs in his family...his grand-mother was so nervous she had to have a labotomy.

The point here is he was legal to smoke it, but not to have it in the car. He showed them his papers but they didn't care. We've been told once he goes to court and they see he's in the mj program they'll throw it out.

I am angry, feel bad for him and at the same time weirdly detached. I know that something good always comes out of bad situations. It was an emotionally wrenching day plus I had to work and keep checking my phone for collect calls from jail. Btw, he's never been to jail. It's going to cost our hard saved money.

I just need a little support. Does anyone in Taoism love me or should I go elsewhere? I'm just human, trying to follow the way...sometimes it gets swampy...this path.

I was an addict and a raging drunk and I've been locked up several times... so I get it.

Don't worry though, it'll all blow over pretty soon.

Lucky you have each other, and you have love a plenty right there, very fortunate.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Master
Hi windwhistle,

I'm always drawn to your posts, although I'm going through a less active phase myself so perhaps don't often reply.

Firstly I love your writing style, I see you are very open and expressive.

My heart goes out to you and your husband, and as you say something positive often seems to come out of bad situations although it's difficult to find a positive here for you with this one.

I was personally an mj smoker for a long time but found in the end it was making me feel paranoid and so was contributing to anxiety rather than helping and I quit.

Just to say I love you and don't go anywhere really.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Uhmar

Quote:
I just need a little support. Does anyone in Taoism love me or should I go elsewhere?
The energy must flow to you freely for it to be healing. To ask for this and to guilt one to send it is not TAO..it is a human I need a shoulder to cry on energy.

Sending a gentle hug to you hun...some days just bite don't they.
I too am working through a decision I made on a thing to have the dmv biting my rear over it. My actions caused a reaction which in turn cause me grief of which i have learned a lesson. That is Tao path energy.

I am not dismissing your really wretching emotional day but my question is
"Why did hubby have it in the car, when you clearly state he was not supposed to even though he is on the program?"

This is clearly the consequences of his actions. Which is not lessoning your agony at all. But look a the upside of the bad day. He learned a life lesson and you did as well through him that it probably won't happen again.
So the path is now clear ahead to not experience it again.

Today will be a better day and put it behind you.

And on no one answering your post[s]...Sometimes it just happens no one sees it or it gets overlooked or noone who did read it felt compelled to respond. It happens to everyone ..It is not a reflection on you .
Old 07-02-2011, 03:53 PM
windwhistle

Thanks everyone for letting me cry on you. It feels so good to have friends I can count on. I know I can't see you but I can't see the wind either, yet I know it's there.

Yes, Hubby took a risk and smoked in his truck often. I know it's his problem but I feel it all. My lesson in this is detachment with love, not indifference. It's hard. To be able to walk the middle ground between life's ups and downs...to not be affected...how do people do this?

Thanks for putting up with my human neediness. Thanks for sending the love. I'm going to go cry in the shower now...thanks for being my buddies...
Old 07-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Master
Quote:
I am angry, feel bad for him and at the same time weirdly detached.

Quote:
My lesson in this is detachment with love, not indifference. It's hard. To be able to walk the middle ground between life's ups and downs...to not be affected...how do people do this?

It wouldn't surprise me if you have a better idea about this than me, but I'll have a go.

Below is a quote I like with regard to detachment as I feel the term is often misconceived as a state of indifference, albeit the difference would appear to be quite subtle.

"Detachment is a state, it is not a totalisation of achieved indifferences. - Fingers Pointing Toward the Moon by Wei Wu Wei"

I think identification is a key factor. Generally speaking I believe we have a tendency to identify with our thoughts to too greater an extent. In the absence of any definable 'self' it may be possible to view situations as occurring, yet not necessarily happening to me as it were. Perhaps then the feelings that normally arise and become identified with as a result of an experience, may be detached from to an extent by merely noticing them as they arise. This in turn may result in a lesser degree of turmoil.

I can understand why the scenario might sound like the cultivation of indifference therefore a dilution of experience, but from my own experience what results is a simultaneous increase in clarity and lessening of suffering or negative feelings of dissatisfaction.

Not sure if this makes any sense.
Old 14-03-2011, 05:06 PM
mrcuteblackie

Your husband should stop taking mj immediately. The psychic methods make him fall asleep, but what is bad in sleeping. The sleep from the psychic methods is a result of the body naturally getting the sleep and rest it has been deprived of due to worry and drugs. It is cleansing. Everyone is tao. I know you have feelings for him but try and be realistic.
Old 14-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Master
GRRRRRR! when i read or hear of folks going to jail over possession of a gentle herb i can't tell you how much it angers me! it's unjust and cruel and rediculously expensive for everyOne except the lawyers, bail bondsmen and other Prison Industry profiteers. our tax money would be better spent catching REAL criminals instead being poured like sand down the "war on drugs" rat hole.

healing vibes being sent to your husband and you, windwhistle.
Old 14-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcuteblackie
Your husband should stop taking mj immediately. The psychic methods make him fall asleep, but what is bad in sleeping. The sleep from the psychic methods is a result of the body naturally getting the sleep and rest it has been deprived of due to worry and drugs. It is cleansing. Everyone is tao. I know you have feelings for him but try and be realistic.

when wind shistle refers to "psyche meds" i doubt she's talking about "psychic methods". i'm more inclined to think she's talking about prescription psychotropic drugs which screws with ones brain chemistry and sometimes produce horrid mental/emotional side effect. her husband is far better off with a natural herb than with Big Pharm's Frankendrugs.
Old 20-04-2011, 09:42 AM
breath

Quote:

Hi

Start again, tis my advice. There's no reason to experience stress right now, or any negative feelings because the event has passed. When the rain stops, put the umbrella away.

I know events like that can leave you shellshocked and sometimes even dream like, but now it's over you can regrow. Immortality isn't about never dieing, it's about being able to rise from any situation including death, and if your husband really is a natural taoist - then you'll see him rise again anyway. We all get our branches cut from time to time, it's okay to experience pain and fear because they affirm our reality in life.

I suggest your husband moderates marijuanna use as much as possible, I use it once a week at the most. But in all honesty, if he has anxiety issues I'd like to send you a PM directly. I'd like to try to help him. I've suffered ridiculous anxiety over the years and have nearly handled it completely. Refused to leave my bedroom for longer than an hour 4 years ago. Now I live in another country and have a calm social life, always roaming around talking to people and doing stuff. So yea, please PM me and I can chat about it with him.

Thanks