Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 08-07-2016, 01:13 AM
Master
@Leadville..I don't tell people I am a medium because people understand that to mean that you bring forth spirits of the dead, and I don't do that. Technically I could call myself that if there was a reason to and I can only think of one reason.

I don't use it just for myself. I work with other people all the time but my 'people' don't speak out loud in front of others. They just use my voice if they want to say something. Or they might use my fingers if they want to type something.

I do something different, and I hate labels but sometimes in order to communicate then you need to use words that other people understand.

Lynn, I don't mediate dead people, I mediate 'guides' for other people.

Technically I would think that mediating spirits from any realm would be considered mediumship. I was seriously wondering if mediating spirits of the non-dead would qualify under the definition and I still don't know. I am talking about guides that another person can also see. It is a common experience between many people to see the same guides. It isn't just my own perception, it is a shared experience.

Is that mediumship, or shamanism? I don't know what it is.

The reading backwards thing I get. I never had to read a book backwards but I draw upside down/rightside up pictures. They can be viewed both ways. There is a thing about opposites, or doing things backwards or upside down.

Thank you guys for responding.

We have a word for it but it is not a commonly known word. That is what I am. I am not a Medium, or a Shaman but I do similar things.

That's close enough.

I think of myself as a woman.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:52 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Wow - how do you do that?!

Hello

Started at the last chapter like it was the first chapter. The final chapter was like reading a book written about me.... In reverse reading I learned how the process works if your just starting out.

I have always been able to see and talk to the dead and to read energy from others. So I had to learn now it works when you do not have the abilities open like I did.

Lynn
Old 08-07-2016, 03:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Started at the last chapter like it was the first chapter. The final chapter was like reading a book written about me.... In reverse reading I learned how the process works if your just starting out.
Lynn

interesting, now I'm curious what that book was...

I also recall a mind training exercise by Rudolph Steiner (anthroposophy) that one would do at the end of each day, to relive the day in reverse.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:06 AM
Master
There are usually a lot of training exercises and how can you help somebody if you don't have the experience yourself? That is why I had to learn everything the hard way. It depends on how you use your gifts, what kind of experience you need to have.

There are a lot of mind training exercises that your guides might show you. Usually it is about moving around inside your mind to create new pathways. I even had to write left handed for a while because that creates a pathway. It is about expanding the capabilities of the mind.

Last edited by Rozie : 11-07-2016 at 03:53 AM.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:14 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
@Leadville..I don't tell people I am a medium because people understand that to mean that you bring forth spirits of the dead, and I don't do that. Technically I could call myself that if there was a reason to and I can only think of one reason.

I don't use it just for myself. I work with other people all the time but my 'people' don't speak out loud in front of others. They just use my voice if they want to say something. Or they might use my fingers if they want to type something.

I do something different, and I hate labels but sometimes in order to communicate then you need to use words that other people understand.

Lynn, I don't mediate dead people, I mediate 'guides' for other people.

Technically I would think that mediating spirits from any realm would be considered mediumship. I was seriously wondering if mediating spirits of the non-dead would qualify under the definition and I still don't know. I am talking about guides that another person can also see. It is a common experience between many people to see the same guides. It isn't just my own perception, it is a shared experience.

Is that mediumship, or shamanism? I don't know what it is.

What you've outlined above makes you a medium in my world; a facilitator of communication between those living in this dimension and those who do not.

The way you bring that about, and the entities who use you as a go-between, don't change your role. What you consider yourself to be - or the word you pick to indicate what you do - is, of course, for you to decide. What's important is that you understand what you're doing and can explain it to those you wish to serve.

Although you hate labels they are - as you agree - often necessary in this world. You should pick the one that causes you least distress.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:21 AM
Master
Thank you Leadville,

I do have a title that I use privately that is more suitable but I also work with people and I show them how to do it. The reason why, is because I need them to look inside and see what is going on. They might have different talents so one person 'sees' and another person senses words, or even dreams in great detail about the world and the characters or guides and they are able to tell me what I need to know. I can look myself and receive my own communication but only from my own perspective. I need the perspective of others to see a complete picture. These people may not understand what the messages mean, but I am able to interpret. So by definition these people are 'mediums'. When they work with me, they see my stuff and can't really interpret in a way that is useful to them. But they are mediums, and I should be able to tell them that is what they are. Hopefully, when they break contact with me, then they will be able to use their gifts in a useful way. Usually if I work with them for a little bit then they are able to meet their own personal guides and I try to mind my own business about that. Usually the interaction is short because they have to go on their way. I have one guy that helps me who has never left. He is a really good 'seer'...Never is he wrong about what he sees, but it isn't useful to him personally, only to me. I wish he would move on but he wants to help. If he did move on then he would be able to use his skills for his personal use. He is a medium and he should know that.

If I do consult a 'real' medium, then they will just see or hear from my guardians or my guides and never from the spirits of the dead. That is not an experience that I am allowed to have. There is a reason for that.

Anyway...Thanks everybody for sharing your ideas and. I have a clearer idea about how others define and label their experiences.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:49 PM
Knower

Dear Rozie

Yes, you are a medium, ostensive one, in deed, everyone is medium, but not everybody is ostensive, most of us are latent as we call it.

I work in a spiritist center where we help spirits to find their way, waking them up, since most of them did not realize they died (in body terms).

When you are a ostensive medium, and there is several types, most of them not mentioned in previous posts, you have a duty with spiritual world that resume to help spirits, incarnated or not!

It is a serious work, yes work (of course, payment is not involved, since what has being given to you free you must also give free for others)

I participate in a group 15 person that every Monday, for long years, work. Yes work together as a team with specific tasks for each other.

We work, of course with much larger and higher spiritual team as a sorting center and referral for “lost” spirits. In our material team, we have speaking mediuns (below description), support group and talkers. Of course, we have the spiritual team with their own groups: rescue team, nurses, assistants and “general manager”

4. Speaking Mediums. 166. Hearing mediums, who only transmit what is said to them by spirits, are not what are properly called speaking mediums, who very frequently hear nothing; the spirit merely acting upon their organs of speech, as he acts upon the hand of writing mediums. A spirit, when he wishes to communicate, makes use of the most flexible organ that he finds in the medium; from one, he borrows the hand; from another, the voice ; from a third, the hearing. The speaking medium generally speaks without knowing what he says, and often gives utterance to instructions far above the reach of his own ideas, knowledge, and intelligence. Though he may be perfectly awake, and in his normal state, he rarely remembers what he has said; in short, his voice is only an instrument employed by a spirit, and by means of which a third party can converse with a spirit, as he can do through the agency of a hearing medium. The passiveness of speaking mediums is not, however, so complete in all cases; for some of them have an intuition of what they say. at the time they pronounce the words transmitted through them by the spirit. We shall return to this variety when we treat of intuitive mediums.

From The Medium´s Book by Allan Kardec

We have a support group; they stay in pray helping with good thoughts/energy targeted to the spirits we help at this work.

We receive spirits that don’t know they have passed away (a lot of these), stalkers spirits that is influencing a family or a specific person, sick spirits (died in hospital and continue suffering pains etc…) all kind of suffering and ignorant of their situation disembodied spirits.

Those spirits suffering spirits, ignorant spirits or vengeful spirits are brought by the spiritual rescue team who is part from Main group of spirits that organize and conduct all the work.

Than we have the talkers that dialogue with those spirits through the speaking mediums and clarify their mind, wake up for the spiritual life, convince them not stalk anymore, help then continue their long evolutionary journey. After receive this “wake up” nurses from spiritual side transport each spirit to the appropriate place to assist and deal with the need from those spirits.

At the end, we work as spiritual ER. I can easily imagine the importance of such work making a parallel with our material ER when you suffer an injury. Main difference is we assist a much broader range of problems and soul “diseases“

This is pure charity, since we are all volunteers.

I hope this was of some help and gives you a different approach for the use of mediumship.

You will find the definition for medium on below 2 books (both are free download):

3w.ssbaltimore.org/PDF/Spirits.pdf
3w.ssbaltimore.org/PDF/Mediums.pdf

And since you are in California maybe you can find a Spiritist Center to work with near you:

3w.ssbaltimore.org/spiritist_centers.html

Good study and good work!
Old 13-07-2016, 06:23 AM
Master
Thank you Lauterb, that was interesting.

At first I had to have a lot of training so I had voices, but they all had very distinct accents so I could distinguish them from each other and from my own voice. They had to communicate in a language I could understand.

Now there is no need for that because the communication is non-verbal for the most part and I know what they are going to say before they say it so they don't need to say it. Part of the training was to be able to communicate in many ways. I don't do this in front of people, it is for my own training and to let me know what to prepare for. They don't speak out loud often anymore but they can and sometimes do. Occasionally they use accents, but they have certain phrases that they use that I don't use.

They do talk in front of people all the time in my voice. They act as me which comes in handy because I don't need to strategize when I am in an awkward position. I let them do the talking but I would say that I am a speaking medium but I have a split second warning about what I am going to say. This is true for everything I do.

I can understand what it is that you do, and the purpose of your work. I have a different system and the purpose of my work is different. I work with the spirits of the living, and not the spirits of the dead, if that makes any sense. The only time I work with 'the dead' is to facilitate their transformation process from this end and that's it. This usually happens only with people I know personally.

There are some things I don't understand entirely. I work with energies and they are personified in some way but I see them as characters, not in a realistic way. My guardians helped me set up a system where I am protected and the images come through as characters, not scary spirits. It is to protect me so my head won't be filled with horrifying images but I know who is naughty and who is nice.

It sounds like our work is different but it isn't that much different.

That link you gave me didn't work but since Google is my friend I think I found what your were trying to show me.

Thank you for going to all the trouble to explain a few things to me.