Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-06-2016, 05:40 AM
Master

Were I a medium I'd offer my services for nothing. It's called 'doing it out of love'.
Old 30-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Were I a medium I'd offer my services for nothing. It's called 'doing it out of love'.

I agree completely. I myself know I have a gift, though I'm not able to just channel but my clairvoyance is really developing the older I become, the more awakened I become & the more open I become to the next dimension. Should I ever develop a channeling ability that could help others, there is no way I could abuse the gift from God by taking from others. I feel if you've truly been given the gift and it's natural, you were chosen and therefore a tool for God. Good intentions are to help others, not misuse them.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbolic_Soul
I agree completely. I myself know I have a gift, though I'm not able to just channel but my clairvoyance is really developing the older I become, the more awakened I become & the more open I become to the next dimension. Should I ever develop a channeling ability that could help others, there is no way I could abuse the gift from God by taking from others. I feel if you've truly been given the gift and it's natural, you were chosen and therefore a tool for God. Good intentions are to help others, not misuse them.

Thanks for your understanding. There are always excuses for those who take money - and sometimes plenty of it. At least these people could say something like 'just leave something small behind before you go'.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:05 PM
Master

Im not sure about those famous ones we often see on the tv as i sometimes wonder how much they supplement what they are saying based on cues of the people they are giving the messages too but in real life Ive certainly seen some genuine ones. Very interesting to watch.

One while I was watching one channelling demo of someone who did trance mediumship.. her face changed from a white female to the face of an asian man and her female voice went very male and took on an accent (one could I guess fake a voice but one cant fake a whole facial sex and race change).

When she stopped channelling and went back to herself, it was like this 20-30cm long whispy smoke come out of the top of her head (it must of been the spirit leaving her).

I also used to attend a channelling class and I know those there including my teacher were geninue. This can be tricky though for beginners eg myself as sometimes it can be so subtle that its hard to tell what is ones own subconscious thought flow speaking and what is another. It can be easy for people to confuse though their own inner voice which can possibly come throu in various tones and personalities. Other times though it can very clear it is coming from another and not oneself. I guess it all depends on how strong the person connects at the time to the other being or to the higher other dimensional parts of oneself.

thou there are frauds out there and probably many of them, there are probably just as many genuine people who may be confusing their own inner voice for another speaking to them. and then there are the good experienced mediums.

I suggest to never give out clues to someone doing a reading. When I was taught channelling or how to do a psychic reading, the most we ever asked was "do you consent to this or do you want a reading?" ..and then nothing else was to be said by the other till after the reading was finished when we may ask what they thought of the reading.

we actually used to always do our readings with our eyes shut so we could focus and concentrate better, it makes it far easier to channel (so reading body language of other didnt come into it at all, that can be a distraction).

Last edited by sea-dove : 01-07-2016 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:29 PM
Guide
There are real psychics out there, it's finding them that is the problem. Some of the things I have learned is to not talk to much to them, you'd be surprised how much information you can give out without knowing it. Watch what jewelry or tattoos that are visible, especially ones with names on them. This is the smoking gun as they say for them to use these to try to convince you. :) I usually ask the psychic "before I pay I you, are you willing to tell me something that only a psychic would know?" If they are willing to volunteer this information freely and it is accurate and you have watched your tats and jewelry then they are willing to show you that yes, they have a gift. If they balk or refuse to tell you anything for free, red flags should go up. Some will ask for more information than just the one question in which case I will respond, "well do I have siblings and if I do what is their name?" Never say pets cause you could have hairs from them on you, another thing for them to look out for. Hope this helps, as it makes it bad for the real gifted out there to be able to help people. Oh and never ever post the name of the bad ones on any social media with comments as they might be able to take legal action against you. Always be aware of your comments on social media sites so you that you stay safe.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:11 PM
Newbie ;)

My sense is that there is a range of, shall we say, less than authentic psychic mediums out there. Some are scammers, some are delusional and think their imagination is in fact a psychic connection and some others are really good at connecting based on body language and a range of other behavioral clues. Then of course, there are those who are authentic psychics with varying degrees of ability. I can only speak for my own experience here. I've visited about 30 psychics in my life. Three were exceptionally accurate and helpful. About 7 - 8 were somewhat accurate and helpful and the rest were so general and vague, it could apply to most people and it was of little or no help to me.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:23 PM
Experiencer

Here is a conversation I had with a psychic.

Psychic: "is your dad alive?"
me: "yes"
psychic: "your dads dad has a message, that hes sorry he didn't teach you values"
me: "my granddad is still alive"
psychic: "right, the message is from your granddads dad"

I grew up with my moms side of the family so never had any encounter with my great granddad.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:13 PM
Master
A message like Barnacle 'received' is totally useless.

Even if it were 'real' then how is that helpful?
Old 04-07-2016, 08:23 AM
Experiencer

Its really sad that there are people like that around, people come to them for insight into the deepest aspects of their lives, which is something sacred. It may violate the rules to post it, but her name is Tracy Poskitt.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:25 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for all the replys. I found a spiritual church in my area that I would love to attend. maybe I can find a psychic from there or get some recommendations at least.