Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 20-12-2017, 07:34 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

smoking tobacco

smoking tobacco

cigarettes and the like

I had always wanted to know why people did this

the real reason , the spiritual back ground

I found out a few years ago when digging in all the hows and whys

of energy stealing

let me explain what I found out now the spiritual reason for

smoking by Louise L Hay is under addiction

a few things are there like running from self ,fear , not knowing how to love your self

I know so many who smoke and they seem to have successful lives

and well working position in the economical system and normal family life

still they smoke there must be a reason .. yes the have energy drama as so many

I went paying attention what exactly there where different reasons with the same result

subtle energy stealing methods they used , that could be described as diminishing others

self worth to add to there own in how they communicated to singe individuals other

where of a type that dis approved of whole groups for certain reason that made them self feel

stronger . but than how smoking ? by taking energy away from others this created a pattern in

reflected reality , that made the universe take energy away from them selves , so for this reason

they had lack of self love , what they did to others they did to them selves , so energy was drained ways

and this lack of self love or 'not knowing how to love them selves' was so created .

let me summarise

you steal love that is in the group of personal strength of others

this that is drawn away from your self again a karma or universe reflecting back to you what you did to others

so with this tap open and running , how can you love your self ? smoking takes place .

at the time I was shown all this while in discussion with my guide to find out the workings of this

there are many more ways self value is diminished that make people smoke

an other example was an late teen age girl looking at her self in the mirror and applying make up

and doing this to look better , but so saying I don't look good enough and creating that reality depleted self value

smoking as result .

posting this a use full info for others I think insights like this should be out there
Old 30-12-2017, 06:17 AM
Knower

Louise L Hay is an awesome writer about spiritual healing and the metaphysical aspects of disease. I lost my book of hers on healing and I need to get another one. It listed all types of disease and self problems and their corresponding causes. I have been part of healings and I also know others that were able to call forth healings. Yes there are phonies out there but yes spiritual healings are real and happen all the time.

I smoked heavily for over 30 years and perhaps it does involve a self issue of love but I don't think I ever felt my smoking was taking anything from someone else. I know nicotine is a drug and like any drug we do get a high from it. Or Possibly a high is not the correct terminology. Perhaps it is more like a cloud to cover things we don't wish to deal with.

I quit smoking around 9 years ago because it was either quit smoking or die from hyperventilating due to coughing. What have I learned since I quit is that I eat more and I feel it isn't so much I am hungering for food but perhaps I am hungering for something not tangible.

Smoking does curb the appetite big time. IMO it isn't that food tastes better to people after they quit smoking because I really don't see that as why quitters get fat. I believe the smoking covered the inner desire/hunger for something and it wasn't food. I can eat a big dinner and be wanting to eat again soon afterward. If our smoking, as you say, is because of our self hatred then why when people quit smoking they don't feel better or worse about themselves? I suppose some do but I really didn't notice that myself.

I had noticed many times the nicotine BUZZ and often it actually gave me a dizzy feeling that I had never experienced smoking weed when I was a young man. Smoking calms the nerves or perhaps it also calms the desire/hunger we are subconsciously seeking.

Louise and you may be right but I don't feel that was the case for me. But I sure don't have a degree to back that up either. I can only go by my experience.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:51 PM
Knower

I'm with open2it on this, for the most part. For me, both smoking and eating (when I'm not hungry) serve a dissociative purpose. They allow me some distance from the intensity of what I'm feeling. For a long time I thought the purpose was to temporarily satisfy a hunger of the soul, and perhaps that's partially true as well but largely I smoke or eat to mute my feelings. Neither activity has anything to do directly with other people. They are unhealthy coping strategies, plain and simple.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:36 PM
Knower

^^ Pluralone You said exactly how I feel about it. I can only take so much poking at my brain before I need a break. Since I don't smoke anymore that leaves food. LOL Physical exercise doesn't make a good escape either which is why I don't it. Can I hear a BORING?
Old 02-01-2018, 06:33 PM
Knower

I hear ya. Boring, right, and I just can't afford to use the little energy I have to exercise for the sake of exercise.

That said, in the last six months or so I've developed a daily habit of stretching and light exercise, things I can do throughout the day a few minutes at a time rather than boring myself to death with longer sessions. I'm trying to get the feeling back in my lower body, and the only way to do that (other than surgery) is to do stretches and exercises that can help put the bulging disc back in place. If I'd been able to learn these exercises before my back got this bad, well, it wouldn't have gotten this bad.

Physical therapy taught me that there are ways to exercise that aren't burdensome. For example, core strength can be worked on by tightening and releasing stomach muscles periodically throughout the day while sitting or standing or moving about. There are other little extra things one can do - reaching toward the ceiling or squatting, for instance - that can be done in just a few moments throughout the day but can really help with the mind/body connection as well as any efforts one is making toward mindfulness in general.

My mental function, mood and physical well being have all improved considerably since I started doing this. One happy side effect is that I've found I am 'disconnect eating' far less than I'd usually do this time of year. It's not that the exercise is providing an escape so much as it's helping me tolerate reality with more equanimity, less stress response.

Still have times when I feel I need to eat constantly, but now they're fewer and farther between, and more likely to last only a few hours than a whole day or longer. Jury's still out on how beneficial this will continue to be as the winter wears on -- this is the time of year when I tend to struggle and feel the need to disconnect the most, so we'll soon see how well things are going when my usual cycles kick in. =-)
Old 02-01-2018, 11:09 PM
Knower

I was on crutches and one step from a wheel chair because of my left knee pain. I wasn't even wanting to get my knee cut on. I started web surfing about knee pain and what could be done about it. After quite a bit of searching I cam across Gonstead chiropractic treatment. I checked the local area for a chiropractor that practices it and I made an appointment.

First visit he took X-ray of my back to see if he could help me. He said he could help me and explained what was out of whack in my back that was causing the knee pain.

He adjusted my spine and neck and pulled back on my leg to pull the knee back into place. I was surprised I felt much pain relief immediately. I walked out much easier than when I walked in. After 3 visits I have had no more pain and full movement of my knee. I think that was about 3 years ago.

I threw my back out pulling tree limbs down and just one visit with him and my back didn't hurt anymore. I used to think chiropractors were quacks but I know different now.

I would check around your area for a chiropractor that practices Gonstead technics.
Old 04-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Knower

Yeah I saw a chiropractor for a couple of years. Yes he practiced the Gonstead method. It was helpful, but as with any health/healing practice it doesn't work as well for some as it does for others. I'm glad it worked so well for you -- that's amazing, going from crutches to full function in just a couple of visits. Woo hoo!
Old 14-01-2018, 11:09 PM
Suspended

It's an interesting point of view there but there are established spiritual teachers who do smoke too do you think it's for the same reason?
Old 14-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Master
i no i will not let no1 smok in my hom
im not bean nasty i im im not but my dad had rull so i hav iv a lungg condsin
i dt wont it getinwors coz of pepels smok may imbean selfsh or uncosderd but i dnt wont it getin wors

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 19-01-2018, 03:41 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
It's an interesting point of view there but there are established spiritual teachers who do smoke too do you think it's for the same reason?

I think the reasons can vary a lot from one individual to the next.