Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 14-07-2014, 05:33 AM
AeternaLight

New person in my life. Conflicted. Help.

Let me go to the past first.
I met and loved deeply someone for 11 years who never reciprocated when i finally admitted i loved them after 5 years...
Fast forward, theres a new person in my life, who i feel myself falling for. It comes in bursts because im fighting love with all ive got. It sucks. Im so scared of falling in love again because of the other one. I know i love her, and the more time goes by we get closer and i get more scared.. There are so many horror stories in my head playing out of how it will end, but thats not what i want. How do i get past this? is it better to let love happen or protect myself??

thanks xx
Old 14-07-2014, 06:07 AM
primrose

All relationships are different, give this one a chance.Get those horror stories out of your head.
Old 14-07-2014, 06:22 AM
Master
I'd agree with Primrose... If you find there's a need for you to do all the running, then it's possible it isn't meant to be ~ at least: not in the manner you would want it to...

Been there, done that ~ more than once... So I'm talking from experience ~ so to speak...

Hope it does work out for you though....

Robbie....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 14-07-2014, 06:51 AM
AeternaLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose
All relationships are different, give this one a chance.Get those horror stories out of your head.
This is what im hoping to do.
Old 14-07-2014, 07:26 AM
primrose

Try doing some positive affirmations. Keep at it till you really believe in them.
Old 14-07-2014, 07:59 AM
Master

Personally, I have reservations about affirmations, on the principle that using them to generate a situation that might be contrary to following a pathway or principle we are destined to travel, might be detrimental to our cause, without first ensuring (in whatever way possible) that such is (without doubt) meant to be...

Naturally, this is based on a personal perspective and not necessarily something for one and all to acknowledge or appreciate...

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 14-07-2014, 08:40 AM
primrose

I meant for him to use them to build his self-esteem. To help him shed his negative thoughts. Not to influence others. Affirmations have always worked for me, that's why I like to recommend them.
Old 14-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Master

I understand your points of view fully Primrose...

I wasn't suggesting that others shouldn't use affirmations, just giving my reasons for not doing so myself: without due consideration...

I kinda think having shared those thoughts, it gives others a point in the learning curve, which may or may not, be applicable to them, or it might be something which they need to examine for future reference... Nothing more ~ nothing less...

Robbie....

Old 15-07-2014, 08:06 AM
Octy

Is it better to let love happen or protect yourself?

Let love happen. The heart knows what it wants. Good luck
Old 15-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Tera's_Party

I am all for love, but I think it's better to try to address what you really need first because the problems that you take into your relationships will only grow.