Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 15-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Exactly. It reminds me of this pathetic excuse for religious journalism that hit BeliefNet fairly recently. This article doesn't just conflate contemporary religious Witchcraft with "black magic" but with pop culture imaginings of Witches among other things. It's a terrible article, and had quite a backlash among the Neopagan blogosphere. Knight's post isn't anywhere near as bad as this article, but I still have to call things like this when I see it. I realize it's unlikely any disrespect was intended in this case.
I've never really had much respect for BeliefNet. They tend to be very Christian-centric and misrepresent religions, in my opinion at least. And that article just confirms my feelings
Old 16-05-2012, 07:27 AM
mac

This may come as little reassurance but traffic and interest in this 'Spiritualism' forum is slight and even though you have justified concerns about what was said by the original piece, few will read it anyway.

Even fewer would react I'd wager.
Old 16-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Master

I should point out the lead post is quoted from a much longer article and 'that' bit refers only to those walking the Left-Hand Path.

I would sincerely like to hope all those concerned here can see themselves in the first part of the sentence in any case...

It's a very interesting book (New Age Companion) Peggy is no longer with us alas. She was a remarkable lady and she was my friend.
She was a highly accomplished journalist; she was a highly gifted medium/psychic; she was directly involved in the channelling of the Silver Birch teachings - she worked with Maurice Barbanell; she was a staff writer for Psychic News and Two Worlds for over 30 years; she was involved in much 'rescue' work; and a journalistic capacity she was involved in the translation of the Eva Braun dairies.

Totally off topic, but from there...
'She wrote that Hitler had been cowering and trembling in his bedroom the previous night, pointing into the corner and mouthing the words 'My master is there! My master is there!" He appeared terrified.
As everyone knows, the top Nazis were deeply involved in black magic'

A timely reminder to all those who are foolish enough to walk the LHP. It's not just becoming entangled in a mass of negative karma that will have to be untangled and redeemed before any spiritual progression can resume, nor ending up in the lower astral, but, as evil attracts evil, it's picking up an uninvited guest as well...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 16-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
I wouldn't make that assumption. Too many newcomers, ill-informed people, and idiots in the world for that.

In this thread at least I believe everyone is knowledgeable on the matter.

Though in the wider world, I have to concede, yes, you are right about that!

Knowledge without wisdom is a dangerous thing, as they say.

Old 16-05-2012, 01:21 PM
mac

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Modern Spiritualist and very disappointed that reference to black magic has been introduced into this forum.

Over a number of years I've tried my best (here and elsewhere) to offer simple information about Spiritualism and also to have removed any material not linked or relevant to it. But now it's been deliberately introduced by a supporter of Spiritualism and I find that highly regrettable.

I support those who were offended by the comparison but more importantly I deplore that an opportunity to discuss black magic was provided this way.
Old 16-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Master

Mac: The piece, if you read it carefully, is specifically aimed at those who distort what Spiritualism is all about.

I think it puts quite beautifully and precisely what it is, in reality, all about.

In fact I'd go so far as to say it is the finest explanation of Spiritualism I've come across, which is why I posted it.

If the conversation veered into black magic, well, as you say that is regrettable, but one can only go with the flow, so to speak.

If you want an opportunity to discuss black magic & the Left-Hand Path another way, why not start a new thread specifically for the purpose? I'm sure it would ensure some lively debate.

Old 16-05-2012, 06:27 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Mac: The piece, if you read it carefully, is specifically aimed at those who distort what Spiritualism is all about.

I think it puts quite beautifully and precisely what it is, in reality, all about.

In fact I'd go so far as to say it is the finest explanation of Spiritualism I've come across, which is why I posted it.

If the conversation veered into black magic, well, as you say that is regrettable, but one can only go with the flow, so to speak.

If you want an opportunity to discuss black magic & the Left-Hand Path another way, why not start a new thread specifically for the purpose? I'm sure it would ensure some lively debate.

I did read it carefully and it promotes Spiritualism beautifully.

The bad bit was the reference to black magic which I had missed initially - mea culpa. Remove that comparison, re-title the thread as an explanation of Spiritualism and I wouldn't demur.

I'm not a supporter of, or believer in, black magic (or any other form of magic come to that) I don't know anything about magic but I support the right of those who do to defend it. The pity of this is that it's had to occur in a forum for Spiritualism.

As I've already stressed I'm a long-time Spiritualist so why would you think I might, quote: "....want an opportunity to discuss black magic & the Left-Hand Path another way......?"
Old 16-05-2012, 08:51 PM
OceanSoul

I believe you can link both. You're free to believe what you like, it's not one dimensional. If you believe in both, there is your link.
Old 16-05-2012, 09:04 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanSoul
I believe you can link both. You're free to believe what you like, it's not one dimensional. If you believe in both, there is your link.

One can always believe anything one chooses to, and link that to something else, but those who actually understand the subjects may disagree that the linkage is justified....
Old 31-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Master

The understanding of spiritualism...

Promote Truth, oppose Darkness and subjugate the ego...